forum inside a table with rounded corners like this forum

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Suggested Hosts
sh2605

forum inside a table with rounded corners like this forum

Post by sh2605 »

Please can someone help me as im really new to phpbb3.

I am trying to put my forums within a table like this forum your viewing now (phpbb communtity forums).

I have attempted editing the templates but I just cant seem to get it right :o , i really need to have my forum inside a a white table with rounded off corners to fit in with my sites look but when i try to edit the template files everything goes wrong, i really like the new design as it looks amazing but i just cant seem to get it to do what i want - i managed customize phpbb2 quitew easily and get it within tables but would much prefer to use phpbb3 as it looks the business.. looking at the phpbb forums i know its possible but could use all of your help to sort this out.. :roll:

any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance to any1 who can help me with this... cheers :D
ylcncn

Re: forum inside a table with rounded corners like this forum

Post by ylcncn »

i want like this too :(
sh2605

Post by sh2605 »

Hi every1, I have figured out a way to fit the forum within your tables to fit it into your site perfectly.. its very quick and easy if you do it this way..

Basically this is how i have got round this problem, I have used an iframe on my page that is linked to my forum but this is a special type of cross browser iframe that automatically changes its heigt to fit the contents, so every time you change pages on the forum the iframe adapts to the change of size and fits your forum into your page perfectly..

my website example is:

http://www.tarnlife.co.uk/forum

the script im using is below:

place this in the head of your page:

-------------------------------------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript">
function autoIframe(frameId){
try{
frame = document.getElementById(frameId);
innerDoc = (frame.contentDocument) ? frame.contentDocument : frame.contentWindow.document;
objToResize = (frame.style) ? frame.style : frame;
objToResize.height = innerDoc.body.scrollHeight + 10;
}
catch(err){
window.status = err.message;
}
}
</script>

-----------------------------------------------------------

now place the iframe code below anywhere you want on your page:

------------------------------------------------------------

<iframe id="forum" name="forum" width=100% marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 hspace=0 vspace=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no src="http://www.mywebpage.co.m/phpbb3" onload="if (window.parent && window.parent.autoIframe) {window.parent.autoIframe('forum');}"></iframe>

--------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps some of you out there, let me know what you reckon or if u get stuck.

cheers.
sh2605

Post by sh2605 »

p.s, please do not register and sign upto my forum as my page webpage link i put on is just for an example .

cheers

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”