phpBB-StyleBuilder

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
tornadoheart

phpBB-StyleBuilder

Post by tornadoheart »

Dear,

I'm wondering why there is no program, or such a way, to make the life easier for those who dosn't know how to build a style for his/her furom?? :?

Of course, it would not create a complex styles.. However, a simple styles to start with.. Then you can edit it to add more feature. :roll:

I think this comunity has a lot of talent people.. All of them they like to help each other.. Why not forming a team to start programing a user friendly phpBB-StyleBuilder??

I think this kind of program will drive PHPBB to be the best community for all....... ;)

Helter Skelter

Re: phpBB-StyleBuilder

Post by Helter Skelter »

tornadoheart

Post by tornadoheart »

I know about that site ... However, it is only to edit the colors of a style in its database .. no more ;)

I'm talking about a program to build the style from the scratch... step by step... This is my idea :idea:

Dr.Silent
Name: Ali Ahmed

Post by Dr.Silent »

:mrgreen:

nice idea

i like it

i will program an application for that but not online ( for windows )
:mrgreen:

who will work with me ?
Creative Group (BH)
http://www.cgbh.net

Double_J
Former Team Member

Post by Double_J »

I don't think an application of this type will ever appear.

Creating a program that automaticall creates styles for you, lets you create things as if you were editing in something like frontpage and then automatically converts it a template is very complex.

Look at what frontpage creates with just simple static pages, which are not multibrowsers compatible and such.

It will be faster to just learn some basic html and get a basic image editor, rather then creating such an application.

Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter »

unfortunatly, I would have to agree with Jan on this. The project your suggesting would dwarf phpbb itself. Dreamweaver has been a commercial project, in constant development for years and it still cannot write good code.
From what I can see here, about 90% of the released themes are simply color edited versions of proSilver. I think that is the limit of what any program would be able to accomplish due to the ever changing web standards and phpbb updates. The link I posted previously does just that.
If you know something we dont, or you are just unusually motivated and talented, go for it anyway! Remember, everything we have today, was a one time considered "not possible"

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”