Style changes from 3.0.0-RC5 up to 3.0.3

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
John T. Folden

Re: Style changes from 3.0.0-RC5 up to 3.0.3

Post by John T. Folden »

TheGrevster wrote: I was on RC5, then did the steps on the 1st page of this thread to upgrade to RC6, as I don't want to loose all my style changes that I applied to my site. Now I can't login as Admin, and some users are experiencing Password issues.

I think its best to just download 3.03 and upload that and start again?
You are running a really old version if you are at 3.0.0-RC5, did you back up your theme changes before you began? I think it would be best to upgrade your phpBB from RC5 to 3.0.3 and then worry about updating your custom themes.
The Blue Whale Pub - SPN/SF/F TV Discussion Forum
ZOMBIE ALERT: The Walking Dead are coming to AMC!
TheGrevster

Post by TheGrevster »

John T. Folden wrote:
TheGrevster wrote: I was on RC5, then did the steps on the 1st page of this thread to upgrade to RC6, as I don't want to loose all my style changes that I applied to my site. Now I can't login as Admin, and some users are experiencing Password issues.

I think its best to just download 3.03 and upload that and start again?
You are running a really old version if you are at 3.0.0-RC5, did you back up your theme changes before you began? I think it would be best to upgrade your phpBB from RC5 to 3.0.3 and then worry about updating your custom themes.
No I didn't backup and yes I guess that is the only way I can go forward due to these issues.

How do I backup the forum before updating?

Also, is there any guide/tips on how to edit the template, as I don't recall all my style changes from months ago.
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

@TheGrevster: Send me a copy of your style via PM and I'll see what I can do. :) If you require any assistance with updating to the latest version of phpBB3, please post in the 3.0.x Support Forum.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
almsamim

Post by almsamim »

here is [MODX] prosilver code changes from phpBB 3.0.2 to 3.0.3
download :
[Removed]
;)
Last edited by prototech on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed dead link
Pardis

Post by Pardis »

I can't find the 3.0.3 changes
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

Pardis wrote:I can't find the 3.0.3 changes
prosilver was posted 2 pages ag, subSilver2 was posted on the previous page, there's a MODx version in the post right above yours and they are also available on the downloads page. I don't see how you could miss them :shock:
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
Pardis

Post by Pardis »

Ok,I find them ! Is changes for security purpose ?

Please put direct link of this changes in first post too.

thnks alot
themcman1

Post by themcman1 »

I've started to put the prosilver style changes for .0.2 to .0.3 on the dev wiki, if you could help change the formatting into the wiki markup it would be most appreciated; the page is here.
Deeogee

Post by Deeogee »

just curious but why is all this necessary?

shouldn't the design stuff be separated enough from the core programming stuff that a change in the core code should not require changing and updating 20-30 files in every style?

I don't mean to be critical, but it seems like you have to update all these files in all the styles , like every couple months or so, I have repeatedly submitted styles only to have them rejected because of a new update , that came out while they were waiting in the que

I am wading through this thread trying to figure out how to update 2 styles I made from subsilver, it almost looks easier to just remake the styles , on top of the new code
tbtguide

Post by tbtguide »

Thanks for this. Updating has become something of a nightmare, this helped to make it a little more manageable.
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

@Deeogee: A style isn't just a simple page constructed from XHTML, CSS, and images. It also contains template variables, switches, language variables, etc. which can and do contain bugs.

The reason why there's so many changes is that there may be errors within the template syntax that can cause unexpected behavior. There's also design bugs and other adjustments being made. We require most, if not all of these changes if the style submitted contains the exact (or almost) files from one of the default styles. This is to ensure that the styles do not contain bugs that were fixed several releases before. It will also decrease the amount of support requests that a certain style has. If a new feature is added to a new release, it will more than likely require style changes in order to add the interface for that certain feature. Styles that are not updated will lack that certain feature, and we'll soon see users start asking why isn't feature X working in style Y.

Also, the purpose of the Styles Database is to have styles that work properly with the latest version of phpBB. There isn't much point in releasing styles that don't fully work. ;)
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
Tazmanian

Post by Tazmanian »

Can anyone post or tell me the style changes to upgrade a Subsilver 3.0.3 style to version 3.0.4, thanks!
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

You can download the code changes from the Downloads page, under the Code Changes section.
bouncybeatz

Post by bouncybeatz »

I download the 3.0.4 updates from the frontpage but what i can make out of this is all i have to do is replace the old 3.0.3 CFG files with the new 3.0.4 ones? And the core phpbb files.
Tazmanian

Post by Tazmanian »

Yes, it seems that there are no Subsilver template changes since version 3.0.3

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”