CloudNINE Theme

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
geckzilla

CloudNINE Theme

Post by geckzilla » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Hi, a friend and I have been working on this theme for a few months now. It's not available for the public to use (it is not meant to be) but I thought I'd show it since a lot of sweat, blood, and tears went into it, and perhaps it could help inspire some ideas for the theme makers rather than just phpbbpro/subsilver recolor #421144.

http://redbeardead.com/c9/index.php

It's an art forum, so if anything, have fun browsing the aesthetics section. Um, it's not problem free, unfortunately. Our server admin had made some changes to the server and for some reason this causes IE to inexplicably not load swf files sometimes, which is pretty depressing because I have tried everything to fix that and can't seem to. So view it in Firefox, I guess.

A few of the neat things we did with Flash:
- When a user receives a PM, a cute red bear pops his head up in the header and informs the user of this fact.
- The profile viewing page is almost completely in Flash, and users can submit a "profile pic" that is something only seen in their profile that is a bit bigger than an avatar, and room for more creativity allowed.
- The color picker is now Flash driven, but you can't see it unless you login. Use phpbb3test / phpbb3test to login, go to profile, and edit sig to see it... you can't post messages on this limited account but I didn't want to force people to have to register to see things.
- Little cube holds common actions next to posts
- Birthday cake lights up and animates when there are birthdays
- Someone had fun making an animation on the search page... :lol:

Anyway, a primary goal of the theme was to clear out a lot of unnecessary things. Well, we thought they were unnecessary and cluttering the place up anyway. Then again that's what styles are for, so I'm not trying to make a jab at the phpbb devs. We reserve the right to tell our users to deal with it while that is a bad practice for the devs. Hehe.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it.

jonny-b

Re: CloudNINE Theme

Post by jonny-b » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:50 pm

now thats a damn hot theme! 10/10
You can download my themes from mergenine, site requires registration.

I've made themes for phpBB2, phpBB2 Plus, Orion 2, phpBB3, EQDKP, EQDKPlus, WoW Raid Manager, phpRaid, MGL, EGL.

Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:15 am

Top job :D
My only comment would be that the read icons in viewforum (i.e. these) do not seem to match. The ones on the index are really cool, but these are brownish and do not seem to fit. Also the unread one is blue as opposed to pink like the index unread icon.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

Raul Duke

Post by Raul Duke » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:48 am

Very cool theme. Nice work, geckzilla
I got into forum administration for the ladies.

frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:31 pm

so awesome, I'm crying right now because I can't download it :P:D

geckzilla

Post by geckzilla » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Just FYI I didn't do most of the design (Like, 99%) the guy responsible is the same guy at redbeardead.com. His name is Alex. So, thank him. I just did the fancy (read, hackeriffic) templating code. Anyway, I love phpBB and also want to thank whoever came up with the templating system. I think it's great and fun to work with. You really can do just about anything with it if you put your mind to it.

KasLimon

Post by KasLimon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Nice work, I like it! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”