[How To] Modify prosilver's header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
hershuk

Re: [How To] Modify prosilver's header

Post by hershuk »

How do I change Site Name and Description font size?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

hershuk wrote:How do I change Site Name and Description font size?
in the common.css file for your prosilver based styles and in the stylesheet.css file for subsilver2 based styles.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Mariku

Post by Mariku »

Hi,

http://playcentreforums.co.nz/forums

Added a custom header picture as per OP instructions, but have a few problems:

1. While the header area has the new height according to the picture's height, the picture is not visible. With one exception: After logging in, when the screen shows the "you have successfully logged in, will redirect to index in a moment" message, the picture is visible in the header. As soon as after logging in one is directed to the index page, it's gone again.

2. The picture does not adapt to a changing width of the board, e.g. when zooming the whole board / web page via ctrl + scroll. Result is that sometimes the picture is too narrow and gets "tiled" to fill the width of the header, sometimes it is too wide and gets cut off on the right hand side. Is there a good solution to that, or is the only solution to set the whole board to a fixed width according to the width of the header picture?

Any help hugely appreciated!

THANKS!

Matt

PS: I'm getting nervous about what I may have to do when the next update comes out. Is it to be expected with phpbb to have to work through a pile of things manually every time an update arrives? If so, that's a real disadvantage.
Mariku

Post by Mariku »

Solved the width issue: Fixed width board. Done. Good enough for me.

The new header picture is now only showing for users who are not logged in; as soon as a user logs in, the header picture is gone, and only the blue header colour fills the space. Any help would be much appreciated, can't figure out why logging in would do that...

THANKS

Matt
Mariku

Post by Mariku »

This, I must say, is quite a riddle for me.

I hope this can help someone who might be able to help me:

1. go to http://playcentreforums.co.nz/forums/ => correct header picture and background colour (light yellow)
2. click on "board index" => no header picture, wrong background colour (a previously used one, dark yellow!)
3. click "return" in browser to go back to http://playcentreforums.co.nz/forums/ => still no header picture and wrong background colour

This happens in three different browsers, and no matter how often I clear the cache.

What is going on here?

The background colour change seems to suggest that the board is going forth and back between two different sets of CSS for no apparent reason, one of which is the actual current one that I uploaded last, and one is an older version!

It seems like clicking on "board index" somehow "switches" the board to revert to the old CSS - which shouldn't be there anymore in the first place!

Why the header image is sometimes shown correctly and sometimes not, I have absolutely no clue.

Help! (please...)

Matt
Lumpy Burgertushie

how are you making your changes?

if you are doing this from the admin panel then that is your problem.

you should be downloading the relevant files and editing them on your computer and putting them back,

then you must refresh your theme ( in this case ) for whatever style you are working on.
then you must refresh your browser.

robert

Mariku

Post by Mariku »

Hi Robert,

thanks for your hints, but I'm doing all that (via notepad++ and ftp, refreshing style and browser, no caching going on either for absolutely sure, even checked with the ISP and the web host, both have zero caching ever). That's not it.

It would also not be able to explain why I can repeat the steps 1-2-3 as in above post over and over again, and it switches between two different versions of my CSS - an old one and the new one which should be the only one in use.

I am starting to wonder if there is something actually wrong in the database somehow. Throughout my editing the style, I lost contact to the server on one occasion, with a message basically saying "the requested files are there, but of different content, therefore I can not make the connection". After a few minutes, the connection worked again, and I kept working. Only realised the described weird behaviour later on.

I am not sure if the alternating use of old and new css has anything to do with the corners problem, but it might. At this point though, I'd be happy with leaving the background white, not changing the colour of the rounded corners, if only my CURRENT css would be applied ALL THE TIME, no matter whether the user is logged in or not.

Is there really no one here who can tell me what is going on? It can't be that I'm the first one to experience this, right?

I am actually, really, doing everything I said I am doing, and the behaviour IS as I describe...

I'd hate that, but if this "changing css" problem can't be solved, I'll have to give up on phpbb. I don't want to though, so what is the solution? I'm happy to keep working on excluding things, only problem is, I have no more ideas left what to try.

:(

Matt
CrewChief
Name: Tony

Post by CrewChief »

I managed to find the color code for the site description and changed it from white to another color. However, I can't seem to find the color code I need to change for the site name right above it. I've searched for what seems like hours and tried different items preffited with the 6 F's but to no avail :cry:
Can someone point me in the right direction and post a clip of where this code would be?
Thanks,
Tony

Finally! It was hiding under the title h1 in colors.css... :D
Last edited by CrewChief on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

either add it here in common.css

Code: Select all

#site-description h1 {
	margin-right: 0;
        color: blue;
}
or, put it in the overall header file like this:

Code: Select all

<h1 style="color:blue">{SITENAME}</h1>
change blue to whatever you want.

robert

ae9803

Post by ae9803 »

Hello,
Thanks for the amazing mods. However I have ran into a problem on my forum. I have attempted and tried everything this tutorial shows, however here is my dilema. The banner is aprox 1022x 82, but it appears to be smashing or condensing to the same size as site_logo.png phpbb3 was. Does any one have any advice to fix this issue?

Thankyou for your time,
Jake
LadyTroy

Where do I put a logo image link to the top of the forum?

Post by LadyTroy »

Dear LS.
Thanks for al reactie's
but
An Other time

Where do I put a logo image link
to the top of the forum?

Forum: Just nice here.
==>>(Gewoon Gezellig Hier)

I have not a HTML Forum from phpbb!!!
Greetings Lady of Troy :shock:
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

You seem to be using phpBB2 which reached its end of life 3 years ago. The only support provided for it is converting it to phpBB3.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
starshaped77

Post by starshaped77 »

Hello there,

I'm completely new to this and I apologise if this has been covered before. I am using the newest Prosilver style (I only downloaded it last week) and I've followed instructions on how to start creating my own style from this template.

What I'd really like to do is add a random header but in the tutorial it asks to open a file called: includes/functions.php. I've looked through all of the files in the styles folder but can't find it. Does this file come under a different name in the most recent version?

Again I apologise if I've totally missed it or looking in the wrong place. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you :mrgreen:
pit-PL

Post by pit-PL »

Edit functions.php which can be found in root/includes folder.

btw
phpBB3 and UTF-8 without BOM
drjumba

Post by drjumba »

starshaped77 wrote:Hello there,

I'm completely new to this and I apologise if this has been covered before. I am using the newest Prosilver style (I only downloaded it last week) and I've followed instructions on how to start creating my own style from this template.

What I'd really like to do is add a random header but in the tutorial it asks to open a file called: includes/functions.php. I've looked through all of the files in the styles folder but can't find it. Does this file come under a different name in the most recent version?

Again I apologise if I've totally missed it or looking in the wrong place. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you :mrgreen:
I cant tell what you are missing but fujnctions.php is situated in your forum root/includes/functions.php

your forum root is the folder on your server where all phpbb files are.

maybe post here your forum link then we shall be able to tell you where your root folder is because i think its what you are missing here.
thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”