[How To] Modify prosilver's header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
NellieBelly

Re: [How To] Modify prosilver's header

Post by NellieBelly »

Hi,

I have followed the guidelines and for most of the part it looks really good. However, although I have removed the code for the logo and the forum description it is still there. I have refreshed the style and everything a dozen times. All the other changes are working just fine. Not this though.

Sorry...I just purged the cache efter googling it. It worked. So sorry.
DadsWhoDiaper

Post by DadsWhoDiaper »

I tried to follow the instructions but I think I've really screwed it up.

Instead of my forum coming up all i now get is the line

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/chacar14/dadswhodiaper.com/Forum/cache/tpl_prosilver_overall_header.html.php on line 110

www.dadswhodiaper.com/Forum
Sinom
Translator

Post by Sinom »

That means that you've made a modification in overall_header.html and that you have a } to many.

Recheck your modification.

- Sinom
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff »

DadsWhoDiaper wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/chacar14/dadswhodiaper.com/Forum/cache/tpl_prosilver_overall_header.html.php on line 110
Did you purge the cache? If you can't access the board, open the /cache/ directory and delete everything except the .htaccess file and the index.htm file.

If you are still receiving the error, recheck your edits. If you're still stuck, please post the file you edited and explain which edit you were attempting to make.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

How many people actually went to the forum link that was posted? It actually comes up fine.
DadsWhoDiaper

Post by DadsWhoDiaper »

I threw up a different theme to keep the forums up. I plan to try and fix prosilver and reinstall it once it is fixed. I'm thinking I will probably just delete the whole thing and reinstalled it. Thoughts?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You have an ENDIF dangling in there without an IF. There is also a </form> without a <form>

Code: Select all

<div id="wrap">
	<a id="top" name="top" accesskey="t"></a>
	<div id="page-header">
		<div class="headerbar">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
                        <div style="height: 90px;">
                        <div id="site-description">
                        <p class="skiplink"><a href="#start_here">{L_SKIP}</a></p>
			</div>

</form>
		</div>
		<!-- ENDIF --> </div>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>
DadsWhoDiaper

Post by DadsWhoDiaper »

BRF -

Is the code you posted what i need it to look like (copy and paste) or is what my screwed up code looks like now?

i've tried deleting Prosilver, deleting cache (both on FTP and ACP) and reinstalling it but I still get the error message. Help me Obi Wan.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

That is the current http://www.dadswhodiaper.com/Forum/styl ... eader.html showing the dangling </form> and <!-- ENDIF -->
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

This is my complete prosilver overall_header.html code. Take it and make sure none of my site stuff (from: http://matrixfiles.com/hgnb/ ) is in there. I just checked and there is only one MOD which is dated that I added. All the other mods that I did (there are very few) are to do with the number of letters in the title and one or two other items which I can't remember. It only takes a few minutes to compare.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}" lang="{S_USER_LANG}" xml:lang="{S_USER_LANG}">
<head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset={S_CONTENT_ENCODING}" />
<meta http-equiv="content-style-type" content="text/css" />
<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="{S_USER_LANG}" />
<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
<meta name="resource-type" content="document" />
<meta name="distribution" content="global" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
{META}
<title>{SITENAME} &bull; <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} &bull; <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}</title>

<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_OVERALL --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {SITENAME}" href="{U_FEED}" /><!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_NEWS --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {L_FEED_NEWS}" href="{U_FEED}?mode=news" /><!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_FORUMS --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {L_ALL_FORUMS}" href="{U_FEED}?mode=forums" /><!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_TOPICS --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {L_FEED_TOPICS_NEW}" href="{U_FEED}?mode=topics" /><!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_TOPICS_ACTIVE --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {L_FEED_TOPICS_ACTIVE}" href="{U_FEED}?mode=topics_active" /><!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_FORUM and S_FORUM_ID --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {L_FORUM} - {FORUM_NAME}" href="{U_FEED}?f={S_FORUM_ID}" /><!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS_TOPIC and S_TOPIC_ID --><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{L_FEED} - {L_TOPIC} - {TOPIC_TITLE}" href="{U_FEED}?f={S_FORUM_ID}&t={S_TOPIC_ID}" /><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!--
	phpBB style name: prosilver
	Based on style:   prosilver (this is the default phpBB3 style)
	Original author:  Tom Beddard ( http://www.subBlue.com/ )
	Modified by:
-->

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
	var jump_page = '{LA_JUMP_PAGE}:';
	var on_page = '{ON_PAGE}';
	var per_page = '{PER_PAGE}';
	var base_url = '{A_BASE_URL}';
	var style_cookie = 'phpBBstyle';
	var style_cookie_settings = '{A_COOKIE_SETTINGS}';
	var onload_functions = new Array();
	var onunload_functions = new Array();

<!-- IF S_USER_PM_POPUP and S_NEW_PM -->
		var url = '{UA_POPUP_PM}';
		window.open(url.replace(/&/g, '&'), '_phpbbprivmsg', 'height=225,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes, width=400');
	<!-- ENDIF -->

/**
	* Find a member
	*/
	function find_username(url)
	{
		popup(url, 760, 570, '_usersearch');
		return false;
	}

/**
	* New function for handling multiple calls to window.onload and window.unload by pentapenguin
	*/
	window.onload = function()
	{
		for (var i = 0; i < onload_functions.length; i++)
		{
			eval(onload_functions[i]);
		}
	};

window.onunload = function()
	{
		for (var i = 0; i < onunload_functions.length; i++)
		{
			eval(onunload_functions[i]);
		}
	};

// ]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_PATH}/styleswitcher.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_PATH}/forum_fn.js"></script>

<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/print.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" title="printonly" />
<link href="{T_STYLESHEET_LINK}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />

<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/normal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A" />
<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/medium.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A+" />
<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/large.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A++" />

<!-- IF S_CONTENT_DIRECTION eq 'rtl' -->
	<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/bidi.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- Added following script MOD code on 23 March 2014 -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script>         
    <script type="text/javascript">                                         
       $(document).ready(function() {
          $('a[href^="http://"]').filter(function() {return this.hostname && this.hostname !== location.hostname;}).attr('target', '_blank');
       });                     
    </script>

</head>

<body id="phpbb" class="section-{SCRIPT_NAME} {S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}">

<div id="wrap">
	<a id="top" name="top" accesskey="t"></a>
	<div id="page-header">
		<div class="headerbar">

<div style="height: 129px;">
			<div id="site-description">
				<a href="{U_INDEX}" title="{L_INDEX}" id="logo">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>
			<!--	<h1>{SITENAME}</h1> -->
				<p>{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</p>
				<p class="skiplink"><a href="#start_here">{L_SKIP}</a></p>
			</div>

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and not S_IN_SEARCH -->
		<!--	<div id="search-box">
				<form action="{U_SEARCH}" method="get" id="search">
				<fieldset>
					<input name="keywords" id="keywords" type="text" maxlength="128" title="{L_SEARCH_KEYWORDS}" class="inputbox search" value="<!-- IF SEARCH_WORDS-->{SEARCH_WORDS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_SEARCH_MINI}<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="if(this.value=='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}')this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}';" />
					<input class="button2" value="{L_SEARCH}" type="submit" /><br />
					<a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}">{L_SEARCH_ADV}</a> {S_SEARCH_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
				</fieldset>
				</form>
			</div> -->
		<!-- ENDIF -->
</div>
		</div>

<div class="navbar">

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" onkeypress="return fontsizeup(event);" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>			
			<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
			<ul class="linklist leftside">
				<li class="icon-ucp">
					<a href="{U_PROFILE}" title="{L_PROFILE}" accesskey="e">{L_PROFILE}</a>
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --> (<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</a>)<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
			</ul>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

<ul class="linklist rightside">
				<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
				<li class="icon-search"><a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}">{L_SEARCH}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED and not (S_SHOW_COPPA or S_REGISTRATION) --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="x">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

</div>
	</div>

<a name="start_here"></a>
	<div id="page-body">
		<!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN and (U_MCP or U_ACP) -->
		<div id="information" class="rules">
				<strong>{L_INFORMATION}:</strong> {L_BOARD_DISABLED}
		</div>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
could not know less

Post by could not know less »

I just used the OP of this thread to install a custom header on my board. I used the text editor that comes with cPanel, and I did everything except remove the search bar. When I went to remove the code for the search bar, I couldn't find it in the document, so I uploaded the original copy of overall_header.html and went through the entire list of changes again.

Now the phpBB logo, site name and tagline, and search bar have reappeared. Also, the header image is offset and the rounded corners are gone everywhere on the site.

This is my site: asianclassical.com.

I have read about 15 pages of this thread, and it seems that there is a problem using these instructions to modify prosilver_SE, which is what I am using. As others have noted, everything worked until I tried to delete the search bar.
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

If you look at my site (http://matrixfiles.com/hgnb/) you will see that the search bar has gone and is only accessible through the search icon. Try the code that I posted and see if things are better.
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

By the way, I just had a look at asianclassical.com and the font color in the header needs to be changed from white to something else as it can't be read properly.

I also remembered that to get rid of the search bar I think one has to change something in one of the CSS files. I can't remember which one though.
DadsWhoDiaper

Post by DadsWhoDiaper »

judgedredd -

Thanks so much for all the help. My Prosilver is back in running. Time to try to mod it again.
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

Glad I could be of help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”