[How To] Modify prosilver's header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
TheSnake

Re: [How To] Modify prosilver's header

Post by TheSnake »

When you said you made the changes but it didn't work, had you also removed the code from the #wrap section when running the test?

I've downloaded the prosilver se style, gonna try a test of the style on my server, see if I can find the issue & get back to you soon.
LSquared

Post by LSquared »

I checked and the code in the wrap section looks the same in the original so I don't think I changed that just happened to already have the "auto" you mentioned.

Thanks again for all your help on this!

Hoping whatever fixes this will bring back the Reply and Quote image buttons too because it happened at the same time and the only change I made was adding the "Buttons" mod if that helps...
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

Sorry haven't got back to you yet, I've been a lil busy.

I see it is an already centred, fixed width style, that helps to narrow down possible issues. So far I haven't had any issue with the page width going out of place due to the banner image.

Changed style to Prosilver SE, put your banner image in my test forum, changed code to compensate, now just wondering what code did you use to do the Custom Nav Bar? How many other mods have you got installed?

If you found this happened at the same time as the mod, then it could be something to do with when you put the mod into your forum. Once i get your Nav Bar code, I'll test my forum with it first.
LSquared

Post by LSquared »

Yeah that's the "Buttons Mod" which is the only other thing I've done other than the custom header and changing to Special Edition

link to mod is here

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1116985
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

When you said "Buttons Mod" I thought you were refering to a Mod which supplies buttons/links to extra functions or external software/websites. It's basically a Nav Bar Mod. If you look at the site listed in my profile, I've created my own nav bar, no mod required.

It looks like it could well be the Mod which is causing the issue, you might find more indepth help with it, in that topic.

However, if you want to try the Custom Nav Bar I have on my site instead, it only involves a couple of files to edit.
LSquared

Post by LSquared »

Yes I love that and sounds much easier, if you let me know how to do that I'll just completely reinstall Special Edition to erase any changes then do your Custom Nav Bar instructions, thanks!
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

OK, no problem. I'll post the info here shortly. In the meantime, you can go ahead & upload the unpacked contents of the zip file to your server, it'll ask to overwrite, yes to all. That won't affect the forum messages or users. Once I've done the coding, just add to the server the same way & purge the cache, then you'll be all set. :D

P.S. You don't need to have the contents of the "contrib" folder uploaded, that's just extra stuff which is not needed to run the forum style.
LSquared

Post by LSquared »

Can't thank you enough Snake, everything is reset and awaiting your nav bar edits...
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

No problem :D

Everything is going fine, I'm just having the same issue on my test server for your site, as I had for my own, the r/h side alignment of the forum nav bar in Opera & Chrome are being STUPID, so I'm fixing them with tweaks. I had help from ppl on here to fix my code, so knowing what Typo did, I'm using that to adjust it for you. It's nearly finished now anyway.
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

Safari joined in on the act of being a stubborn biatch, the alignment is all sorted now. The Nav Bar should now work correctly on all browsers, but I've tested it against the main 5 browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, MSIE, Opera & Apple Safari. It's also been code page validated against W3C.

The code edits are all finished, & it's all working, however, it is easier to just upload the already existing files that work, rather than list out the entire edit sheet.

As this is not the Support Forum, attachments don't seem to be available. So how or where do you want the archive file sent.
RandomThoughts

Post by RandomThoughts »

This ought to be a simple fix but for some reason I can't seem to make it happen. I'm running phpbb 3.0.8, using a theme (SpringFlowers) based upon Prosilver, and for some reason I can't get the theme's header to stop tiling.

I have already tried the recommended fix in the colours.css file, changing
.headerbar {
background-color: #12A3EB;
background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/spring_header.jpg");
color: #FFFFFF;
to
.headerbar {
background-repeat: no-repeat;
It didn't change anything; the header still is tiling. And yes, I did refresh my cache. Is there something else/something different I ought to do to resolve this?

My board is http://www.thecafeallegro.com/messageboard if you want to see the evidence of my incompetence. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me. --Soren Kierkegaard
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

In which way did you refresh the cache, as there is no evidence of background-repeat: no-repeat; within the .headerbar, either in colours.css or common.css

You should place it within .headerbar inside common.css after that, you need to goto:

Code: Select all

ACP -> Styles -> Style components -> Themes -> Spring Flowers -> Refresh. Yes to confirm.
ACP -> General -> Purge the cache. Run now. Yes to confirm.
Empty the Cache from your Browser.

CTRL/Shift + F5 in your Browser to see the changes have taken effect.
Before you do any file edits, MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF ALL FILES, also make a backup of your Database.
RandomThoughts

Post by RandomThoughts »

Thank you very much for the help!

I have no idea why I didn't properly save the last changes I made, but I just reinserted

into colours.css so it now contains:

.headerbar {
As far as common.css goes, it currently contains:

.headerbar {
	background: #ebebeb none repeat-x 0 0;
	margin-bottom: 4px;
	padding: 0 5px;
Ought I to add

in addition to the

repeat-x 0 0
already present? I did so and it had no effect on the tiling.

I've cleared the cache, refreshed the theme via the ACP, and the header is still tiling.
People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me. --Soren Kierkegaard
Sinom
Translator

Post by Sinom »

Hello RandomThoughts!

Go to \styles\SpringFlowers\theme and open stylesheet.css

Find:

@import url('borders.css");
Replace with:

@import url("borders.css");
Then refresh your style.

Best of luck!

Hugs :ugeek:
RandomThoughts

Post by RandomThoughts »

Sinom, you genius! I never would have found that tiny bit of errant coding. It fixed the tiling. Thank you!

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”