[How To] Modify prosilver's header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: [How To] Modify prosilver's header

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Asylum1 wrote:Im talking about the user info on the right side when you post in the forums.

Where it shows your name and post count.

How do you move it to the left side?
a little searching does wonders ;)
Prosilver: Profiles on Left
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Asylum1 wrote:Im talking about the user info on the right side when you post in the forums.
And that has nothing to do with the header.
Please keep this Topic on-topic.

semtal

Post by semtal »

I don't know if this belongs in this thread because it concerns prosilver special edition and not prosilver.
I just tried editing the header image and changed the code in the SE files. However, I found that the overall_header file for SE is different from prosilver and didn't contain the code listed in point 4c) of the "how to change a header" viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1116985&start=1425 instructions in the KB, so I couldn't make the final change.

I changed the files in prosilver instead (replacing the SE files with the original unchanged versions) and it worked for a while but now my new banner has disappeared.

Also, for future reference, where should I post about prosilver se related problems (I was wondering if there was a SE thread I had missed)? I tried the ps se board, but it doesn't seem to be checked as often as the main boards.

Lumpy Burgertushie

semtal wrote:I don't know if this belongs in this thread because it concerns prosilver special edition and not prosilver.
I just tried editing the header image and changed the code in the SE files. However, I found that the overall_header file for SE is different from prosilver and didn't contain the code listed in point 4c) of the "how to change a header" viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1116985&start=1425 instructions in the KB, so I couldn't make the final change.

I changed the files in prosilver instead (replacing the SE files with the original unchanged versions) and it worked for a while but now my new banner has disappeared.

Also, for future reference, where should I post about prosilver se related problems (I was wondering if there was a SE thread I had missed)? I tried the ps se board, but it doesn't seem to be checked as often as the main boards.
I assume there is a prosilver_se discussion area in the styles support area.
please provide a link to your site so we can see what is happening.

you mention the kb article but linked to the buttons menu topic. exactly what instructions are you talking about that you can't find the code for?

thanks,
robert

semtal

Post by semtal »

Sorry, the link to the KB article is here viewtopic.php?f=74&t=639205

I can't change 4c) and 4d) in those instructions (for the overall_header file) in SE because the code is slightly different to that of prosilver. If I do it in prosilver it works for that style but not for SE.
4) Open styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Find:

Code: Select all
<div id="site-description">

Before, add:

<div style="height: 90px;">

Note: The height must be 10 pixels less than the height of your image!

Find:

<a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}">{L_SEARCH_ADV}</a> {S_SEARCH_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
</fieldset>
</form>
</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
After, add:

</div>
Prosilver se does have their own discussion area but no one has replied to my post. So, I took a gamble and used the intructions listed but changed the prosilver SE files first to no avail. Then I changed the prosilver files, which worked for both styles (briefly). Now the new header is only displayed in the default prosilver style.

So for me the question remains, which style(s) do I edit for all things SE-related?
Last edited by semtal on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lumpy Burgertushie

I also answered in your other post. You really should stick to one post per topic.

anyway, you keep referring to 4a or 4c etc. there are no a, b, c, designations in the posts that you link to.

that is part of what is confusing people. we keep looking for that in the posts that you link to and not finding anything like what you are saying is there.

however, now you have posted the actual code from that link and we can see what you are talking about.

robert

semtal

Post by semtal »

That was my attempt at trying to make it easier, rather than quoting whole chunks of the article or referring to each step as "before this" and "add that". Hopefully, I'll know how to explain myself better next time.

Lumpy Burgertushie

semtal wrote:That was my attempt at trying to make it easier, rather than quoting whole chunks of the article or referring to each step as "before this" and "add that". Hopefully, I'll know how to explain myself better next time.
we like quoted text, it helps us all to stay on track with what is being discussed.

thanks,

robert

eSport

Post by eSport »

Hi, I know this post is old but I followed the instruction above to get the social links, I refreshed my site and now I have this? but can't seem to find out why?

The navbar was fine prior to following the above notes and the only change to the above instruction I made was to vary the colours.css details as the -53px left the three links hovering over my search bar (my header image is quite shallow). The images I created are 40x40 and work fine.

My colours looks like this; can anyone help please?

#social_bar {
   height: 40px;
   margin: 0 auto;
   position: relative;
   right: 25px;
   top: -70px;
}
#social_buttons {
   float: right;
}

Sinom
Translator

Post by Sinom »

Hello eSport!

I might have been the first post I made regarding this that you followed.

There is a KB article about these type of icons that is more more updated and should fix your problem.
Remove all the changes you've done previously and follow the instructions in the following KB.
How to add social icons

- Sinom

eSport

Post by eSport »

Sinom, thank you!

eSport

Post by eSport »

Hi again, I've been to the KB article and followed the instruction but got an alignment issue shown (below)? Struggled to find out why but got there in the end.

I run 3.0.11 with proSilver_SE and noted that after following the KB instructions there was an extra </div> in place causing the alignment issue shown here - just thought it worth a share in case anyone follows the same path and gets the same result.

ATB

Sinom
Translator

Post by Sinom »

That problem should not occur. The KB is designed for prosilver but it should work well with prosilver_se as well.

Would you mind posting a link to your site?

- Sinom

eSport

Post by eSport »

Hey Sinom, it's all fixed thanks.

I copied the KB code but it left and extra </div> that was the cause of my problem.
I removed the </div> and it removed the alignment problem and it's all as it should be now.

Many thanks, will try and leave you in peace for a while ;)

All the best

Sinom
Translator

Post by Sinom »

eSport wrote:will try and leave you in peace for a while ;)
No problem :)

Glad it worked out!

- Sinom

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”