[How To] Modify prosilver's header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
*Christian*
I've Been Banned!

Re: [How To] Modify prosilver's header

Post by *Christian* »

BINGO!

The banner is now visible. Thanks for all your help ProTech :mrgreen:
Proud owner of Bertie 3.0
:: No support via PM or IM ::

Nicopoon

Post by Nicopoon »

Prototech: thanks a lot. This really helped!

Nick

guyskankrye

Post by guyskankrye »

prototech wrote:
guyskankrye wrote:Do I really need to remove that from the styles? I still want a random header and after removing that it's not?
Here's what that part currently looks like

Code: Select all

'RANDOM_HEADER'      => mt_rand(1, NUMBER-OF-IMAGES),
          '{S_USER_LANG}'            => $user['user_lang'],
          '{RANDOM_HEADER}'      => mt_rand(1, 2)
The part that I told you to remove shouldn't be there. ;) So now it should look like this:

'{S_USER_LANG}'            => $user['user_lang'],
          '{RANDOM_HEADER}'      => mt_rand(1, 2)
Nice! All better! Thanx Proto!

So I just change the "mt_rand(1,2)" as I add more headers?

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Yes, just increase the second number (2 in this case) in both functions.php and style.php. :)
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Daniel_L

Post by Daniel_L »

Well after 2 hours of trying everything I think it's time to ask, go sleep and read what was wrong tomorrow.

What I wanted was to change the fading color of bg_header.gif keeping the same 92x5 pixels image so it would be a direct bg_header.gif file replacement.

I also replaced the logo with another one that is 75x119 and edited the imageset.cfg to insert good values: img_site_logo = site_logo.gif*75*119

Refreshed all 3 like suggested...

I cannot get rid of the blue space at the bottom.

And I also see a problem where all thread are listed, it's using the same image and similar problem but for now it's really late and I must go to bed, the twins wake up too early and I will suffer of that so I'll get back later on this.

Thank you very much

Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Hoping for help ...

Here's the forum: http://www.qcdiscgolfclub.com/forum/

I've tweaked and customized a lot, but the one thing I can't get to work is having our black/brown strip dropdown menu we use throughout the rest of the site show up on the forum.

See the menu here: http://www.qcdiscgolfclub.com/

Here's what we use to call the menu:

<?php include("includes/navbar_js.php"); ?>

<?php include("includes/navbar_table.php"); ?>
We stuck those in the overall_header.html and nothing. They don't show when I view source ...

I've tried adding this

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html 
to the htaccess, but it made no difference.

Please tell me there's something simple I'm overlooking. As a last resort, we'll just put all the code in the overall_header.html, but I'd like to avoid that as our menu items change often.

Thanks!

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Daniel_L wrote:I cannot get rid of the blue space at the bottom.
The topics list has the problem because bg_header.gif is used for both the header and the topics list. In order to get rid of the blue space you would have to change the background color in the headerbar class in colours.css with the color at the bottom of your gradient.
Orange Guy wrote:I've tweaked and customized a lot, but the one thing I can't get to work is having our black/brown strip dropdown menu we use throughout the rest of the site show up on the forum.
Use the code below instead and go into your ACP => Server Configuration => Security Settings and change "Allow php in templates" to yes

<!-- INCLUDEPHP somefile.php -->
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

prototech wrote:Use the code below instead and go into your ACP => Server Configuration => Security Settings and change "Allow php in templates" to yes

<!-- INCLUDEPHP somefile.php -->
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

SWEET! I got the menu to show. Or you got the menu to show. Thanks!

It wraps, but that's something I'm going to have to figure out with padding and such.

Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Any thoughts on what line in common.css I need to adjust padding in to make the menu not wrap?

SirClive

Post by SirClive »

prototech wrote:
datkeoniguy wrote:I followed the above instruction but can't see any change. If I go to different places within the forum, clicking on the banner does nothing and does not take me back to the main index page of the forum. And yes I did refresh theme, template and imageset -twice in fact, and refreshed the browser.
Change height: auto to the height of your header. If it still doesn't work, please provide me with a link to your board so I can look into further; it works perfectly on my installation.
Hi, I have tried the 'banner as a link' code, but it is only one small area at the top that is a link. Have change the height to 120 (the size of my image) but that doesn't work. Any ideas? (link is http://www.weekend-gamer.co.uk/forum).

Daniel_L

Post by Daniel_L »

prototech wrote:
Daniel_L wrote:I cannot get rid of the blue space at the bottom.
The topics list has the problem because bg_header.gif is used for both the header and the topics list. In order to get rid of the blue space you would have to change the background color in the headerbar class in colours.css with the color at the bottom of your gradient.
I knew I should have go to bed earlier ;) That's made it and also had to change the bg color in .forumbg

BUT! Would it be possible to remove that wasted space instead of having it the good color?
I removed the bottom padding below the logo in

#logo {
	float: left;
	width: auto;
	padding: 0 5px 0 5px;
}
but it's not doing it. The top is fine, the bottom there is some red that could still be removed and of course get rid of the blue space by removing it and not painting it. Maybe it has something to do with the fieldset of the search box on the right?

EDIT: just tried to lower margin-top: 20px; (instead of 30) of #search-box but nothing moved at the bottom.

Thanks again.
Successfully running phpBB 3 on an association website since Feb 25th of 2008.
I'm a voluntarily webmaster.

mattdudley

Post by mattdudley »

prototech wrote:
*Christian* wrote:Okay, it looks like the problem is with the theme "ProGrey" :: Download Link

Could you download it and take a look?
I see the problem now... make the changes to silver.css

.headerbar {
	background: #505C65 none repeat-x 0 0;
	color: #FFFFFF;
	margin-bottom: 4px;
	padding: 0 5px;
}
I'm also using ProGrey, and having trouble.. I'm not sure what you meant by "make the changes to silver.css"... did you mean to add height: 79px ; ?? I did that to silver.css, as well as the other file.. I've refreshed everything... I've rechecked all of the changes according to your specs... Still, no changes... Would you mind taking a look? THANK YOU! http://www.understage.org/forum

EDIT: I solved it, thanks to Christian. I changed the silver.css file to include the following... I didn't realize you needed to add the img file link in this silver.css file, but it worked! Thanks!

.headerbar {
background: #505C65 none repeat-x 0 0;
background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/newheader.jpg");
color: #FFFFFF;
margin-bottom: 4px;
padding: 0 5px;
height: 79px ;
}

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Orange Guy wrote:Any thoughts on what line in common.css I need to adjust padding in to make the menu not wrap?
Can you provide a link to your board?
Daniel_L wrote:BUT! Would it be possible to remove that wasted space instead of having it the good color?
It would still be a good idea to change the background color. To remove the space, open common.css and find:

#site-description h1 {
	margin-right: 0;
After, add:

display: inline;
Change logo to:

#logo {
	float: left;
	width: auto;
	padding: 0px 13px 0 10px;
}
SirClive wrote:Hi, I have tried the 'banner as a link' code, but it is only one small area at the top that is a link. Have change the height to 120 (the size of my image) but that doesn't work. Any ideas? (link is http://www.weekend-gamer.co.uk/forum).
It should be 120px not just 120.

jcfs

Post by jcfs »

i'm sorry, but what is the difference between random header and custom header?

Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

A random header displays one of a set of headers on each page load.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”