Changing Font in Prosilver-Based theme

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
pinkshades05

Changing Font in Prosilver-Based theme

Post by pinkshades05 »

I just recently added a new style and I would like to change the font color on the forums., but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I can't even change the links of the forums. The style is prosilver-based which I've always used subsilver, but I thought I would try prosilver. Can someone help me?

K2-Kelly

Re: Changing Font in Prosilver-Based theme

Post by K2-Kelly »

Though still learning myself, and as of yet unable to find a glossary of stylesheet.css terms, go to the administration control panel > click the "styles" tab > click on "themes" > click on "prosilver "edit".....What I assume you are now seeing is the "Stylesheet.css" which unloaded looks as you have it in your PC files, yet once loaded onto your site reduces in size dramatically "if you look at the file size".......

What I believe you are now seeing are all the .css files combined, the page above recompiling them (this all guessing), and as you make changes to what you see above it changing the various other .css files as applicable.........My advice is, copy and paste into notepad what you see on the above screen, as it is MUCH, MUCH easier to work with then a file you would normally see (all the elements more spread out in this file).

Now, as you work through you'll note area's like this;

Code: Select all

body {
	/* Text-Sizing with ems: http://www.clagnut.com/blog/348/ */
	font-family: Kudasai, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
	color: #000000;
	background-color: transparent;
	/*font-size: 62.5%;			 This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 12px */
	font-size: 14px;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 12px 0;
these apply to various parts of the forum......Alter the color of the text, background and so on as you feel you want, then repast the entire thing back into that edit screen overwriting what you had there........Naturally if your like me and have no idea what goes to what, edit it right there on that screen, then click "submit" > then "styles" > then "preview and it will take you back to your forum, instantly hit "refresh", and then poke around to see what changed, then go back and move on, or change it back.

Be sure to FIRST make a copy as I said above, on occasion updating it as a back up......Also if you hit refresh while in themes, it will take it back to the original prosilver and you will lose all changes.

K2
http://78sentai.org/forum/

pinkshades05

Re: Changing Font in Prosilver-Based theme

Post by pinkshades05 »

Thanks, I've tried that and it hasn't worked. I want to change the colors to the text in the boards or the link, either, but the body color doesn't affect it and I can't find what does change it. Anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”