CHange background to an IMAGE

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Anti-Spam Guide
stuckinlimbo

Re: CHange background to an IMAGE

Post by stuckinlimbo »

Ok, I made the changes in my altered prosilver folder. I changed the name to something else. I have it uploaded in my ftp server.

The new theme isnt showing up in the styles tab in acp. I've checked styles, templates, themes, and imagesets and all of the say under the subsilver title, "No uninstalled imagesets etc detected."

I had this problem before when I tried to install one of the free themes and one of my other admin's had to install it.

Any ideas why I can't see when I'm the founder admin?

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

oh, wanted to add, I logged out, clean out cookies and temp files and still nothing.

mykool

Post by mykool »

Well, hope you post any fix you find here.
I really like what you've done on your forum.

The easy answer, really, is for people to quit using substandard browsers!

Thanks,
~mike

K2-Kelly

Post by K2-Kelly »

stuckinlimbo wrote:Ok, I made the changes in my altered prosilver folder. I changed the name to something else. I have it uploaded in my ftp server.

The new theme isnt showing up in the styles tab in acp. I've checked styles, templates, themes, and imagesets and all of the say under the subsilver title, "No uninstalled imagesets etc detected."

I had this problem before when I tried to install one of the free themes and one of my other admin's had to install it.

Any ideas why I can't see when I'm the founder admin?
Go to the ACP, and refresh the imageset, templates, and theme....Then preview the forum and hit refresh in your browser.

K2

K2-Kelly

Post by K2-Kelly »

mykool wrote:Well, hope you post any fix you find here.
I really like what you've done on your forum.

The easy answer, really, is for people to quit using substandard browsers!

Thanks,

Mind trying it again?......Though I note it is just a "png fix" script, I had not uploaded the .js script.....

DOH! :oops:

Anywho, though I think it won't address the problem....stuckinlimbo you need to go here and download the file adding it to your template folder.... http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... &sk=t&sd=a

K2

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

ok, I refreshed both the prosilver and subsilver themes/templates/imagesets. Opened my site, hit refresh, went back to acp and the new style still isnt showing in the styles list to be installed.

K2-Kelly

Post by K2-Kelly »

Well you may of done like I did adjusting the stylesheet.css at some time and uploaded the altered version to the files.......My advice at this point then is this. Do this on your PC first!

1. Insure you have your background image in the proper place.
2. makesure you have the "background-color:" set to transparent NOT #transparent in all places you find it in your colours.css.
3. place a fresh (unaltered) stylesheet.css into its folder
4. check to make sure you renamed the name of the background file in overall_header.html.
5. UPLOAD all you altered files into the "prosilver" style
6. switch to prosilver as your style in the acp.
7. refresh images, template, and theme.
8. check your results.

If that works then we can work on renaming your style.

K2

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”