[How to] colorize prosilver

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
szarin

Re: [How to] colorize prosilver

Post by szarin »

fyi - problem has been solved.

Code: Select all

<!-- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}" lang="{S_USER_LANG}" xml:lang="{S_USER_LANG}">
<head>  -->
I remarked/removed the code listed above, why? hehe dont ask. However, once i added it back it worked 100%. Someone around here commented that it was doing strange things to their board. So as a shot in the dark, i decided to add it back in, and it worked right away. I find it odd that the only page removing that code effected was the ucp. Oh well. just wanted to let everyone know.
nsheppard

Post by nsheppard »

Does anyone know how to change the General color in this picture? For some reason in prosilver, it is not at the default of white on the index page, but if I click on General it will show it white. Thanks.

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

On colours.css

you need to edit :

/* Links on gradient backgrounds */
#search-box a:link, .navbg a:link, .forumbg .header a:link, .forabg .header a:link, th a:link {
	color: #FFFFFF;
}

#search-box a:visited, .navbg a:visited, .forumbg .header a:visited, .forabg .header a:visited, th a:visited {
}

#search-box a:hover, .navbg a:hover, .forumbg .header a:hover, .forabg .header a:hover, th a:hover {
	color: #A8D8FF;
}

#search-box a:active, .navbg a:active, .forumbg .header a:active, .forabg .header a:active, th a:active {
	color: #C8E6FF;
}
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
nsheppard

Post by nsheppard »

Awesome, that was it. Thank you so much!
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

Post by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi »

Hello Everyone,
This is my first attempt at modifying a phpbb style. I've read through this thread and searched for my problem but I can't seem to figure out what is going on. Currently I'm trying to edit the style on a test board that I converted over to a fresh install of phpBB3. The only mod installed is Board3 Portal.

OK, my problem is that no matter what I change I can't get it to show up.
I first cloned a new style via the acp based on prosilver and then I downloaded it, edited the files to change the name, uploaded it, and installed it. I've even forced use of this style and nothing changes when I try to change the background color, for instance. If I view the .css and .cfg files the change is there but when I view the page it's not.

I've Reset "recomplile stale style components"
I've Refreshed the themes and image sets
I've Purged all the cache's

I'm at a loss, I don't know what is going on. :( Maybe I'm missing something totally obvious? Your help would be greatly appreciated!
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

Since I posted this I've installed firebug on firefox to check it out. I'm not sure how to use firebug yet but I can see and understand enough that I know the changes aren't taking effect..... :cry: Anyway, it's one more tool that I can use to diagnose the problem, or that you guys can use to diagnose my problem. ;)

I really don't understand why nothing is working.

Axiously awaiting a reply,
OBeer....
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

OBeer-WAN-Kenobi wrote:
OK, my problem is that no matter what I change I can't get it to show up.
I first cloned a new style via the acp based on prosilver and then I downloaded it, edited the files to change the name, uploaded it, and installed it. I've even forced use of this style and nothing changes when I try to change the background color, for instance. If I view the .css and .cfg files the change is there but when I view the page it's not.
Skip that, and try to edit the files.
Because i have a feeling that you are using the theme and template of prosilver new instead of your own that you have created.
So first copy the directory styles/prosilver/ to your computer.
After that rename the directory from prosilver to yourstylename
After that edit the cfg files:

Open /styles/yourstylename/style.cfg

search:

name = prosilver
copyright = &copy; phpBB Group, 2007
version = 3.0.2
replace with:

name = yourstylename
copyright = &copy; your copyright
version = 3.0.2
open: /styles/yourstylename/theme/theme.cfg

search

name = prosilver
version = 3.0.2
replace with:

name = yourstylename
version = 3.0.2
open: /styles/yourstylename/template/template.cfg

search:

name = prosilver
version = 3.0.2
replace with:

name = yourstylename
version = 3.0.2
open: /styles/yourstylename/imageset/imageset.cfg

search:

name = prosilver
version = 3.0.2
replace with:

name = yourstylename
version = 3.0.2
after you done that, deleted the style that you have installed , on the acp styles clone system.
And upload the directory yourstylename to the styles directory.
I've Reset "recomplile stale style components"
I've Refreshed the themes and image sets
I've Purged all the cache's

I'm at a loss, I don't know what is going on. :( Maybe I'm missing something totally obvious? Your help would be greatly appreciated!
That's because you use new the theme of prosilver, if you following the steps above it must work :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

Hi Raimon!
Thanks for your reply.
I did do the file edits you just described but I just double checked them for you to make sure. Earlier today when I was messing around I was able to get the background changed but only after I used "Firebug" to locate the proper place. I then changed it inside the ACP. It seems when I edit the files like you described earlier in this topic it doesn't work? I'm messing with it right now and I can't get it to change unless I edit the background color in colours.css AND stylesheet.css. If I switch one or the other, nothing happens. This is frustrating. However, if I switch in in the ACP it works the first time.
Maybe I have some permissions wrong or something?
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

Is it possible to change the "x new messages" to red, when it has one or more new messages, but when its at zero..it stays the same colour as is default in prosilver?

Can this be done?

Regards

Wookie
redstripe

Post by redstripe »

A couple of colour changes and my custom made prosilver is done.

Im wanting to change the blue text that is.......

"Information"

"Login"

"To Administer The Board You MustRe-aunthenticate Yourself"

Register page- "Registration"

I imagine looking at it that one code covers the lot.

The other 'blue' colour i was trying to elimnate is the page number boxes that are blue and hover blue
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Wookie1664 wrote:Is it possible to change the "x new messages" to red, when it has one or more new messages, but when its at zero..it stays the same colour as is default in prosilver?
In functions.php, find:

'PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO'            => $l_privmsgs_text, 
After, add:

'NEW_PM_NUMBER'                 => $user->data['user_new_privmsg'],  
In overall_header.html, find:

<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">
Replace with:

<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}" <!-- IF not NEW_PM_NUMBER eq 0 -->style="color: #DF2500;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
Then refresh your template - ACP => Styles => Style Components => Templates.
redstripe wrote:Im wanting to change the blue text that is.......

"Information"

"Login"

"To Administer The Board You MustRe-aunthenticate Yourself"
In colours.css, find and edit:

.content h2, .panel h2 {
	color: #115098;
	border-bottom-color:  #CCCCCC;
}
redstripe wrote:The other 'blue' colour i was trying to elimnate is the page number boxes that are blue and hover blue
In colours.css as well:

.pagination span strong {
	background-color: #4692BF;
	border-color: #4692BF;
}

.pagination span a, .pagination span a:link, .pagination span a:visited, .pagination span a:active {
	color: #5C758C;
	background-color: #ECEDEE;
	border-color: #B4BAC0;
}

.pagination span a:hover {
	border-color: #368AD2;
	background-color: #368AD2;
	color: #FFF;
}
Then refresh your theme - ACP => Styles => Style Components => Themes.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

prototech wrote:
Wookie1664 wrote:Is it possible to change the "x new messages" to red, when it has one or more new messages, but when its at zero..it stays the same colour as is default in prosilver?
In functions.php, find:

'PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO'            => $l_privmsgs_text,   
After, add:

'NEW_PM_NUMBER'                 => $user->data['user_new_privmsg'],    
In overall_header.html, find:

<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">
Replace with:

<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}" <!-- IF not NEW_PM_NUMBER eq 0 -->style="color: #DF2500;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
Then refresh your template - ACP => Styles => Style Components => Templates.
Thanks for trying mate, I appreciate it but its not working. I'm not getting any errors but there is no change.

Wookie
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

You don't need the edit to functions.php.
Just use this:

<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}" <!-- IF S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG neq 0 -->style="color: #DF2500;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
Don't forget to refresh the template.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

Hmm still not working, wonder if its to do with I'm using tabs. Sorry if it is as I did not think affect things. Here's the tabs code from overall_header

<div id="tabs">
            <ul>
                <li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'index.php' or basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'viewforum.php' or basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'viewtopic.php' or basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'posting.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="index.php" title="View the Forum"><span>Forum</span></a></li>
                <li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'search.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}"><span>Search</span></a></li>
                <li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'faq.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_FAQ}</span></a></li>
                <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'memberlist.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_MEMBERLIST}</span></a><!-- ENDIF --></li><!-- ENDIF -->
            <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'ucp.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_PROFILE}" title="{L_PROFILE}" accesskey="u"><span>{L_PROFILE}</span></a></li>
            <!-- ELSEIF not S_IS_BOT and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == '{U_REGISTER}' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_REGISTER}"><span>{L_REGISTER}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
            <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'ucp.php?i=pm' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM -->
    <a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}" <!-- IF S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG neq 0 -->style="color: #DF2500;"<!-- ENDIF -->><span>{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</span></a><!-- ENDIF --></li><!-- ENDIF -->
            <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == '{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="l"><span>{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
          </ul>
        </div>
Regards

Wookie
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

The tabbed index I use was taken from the user control panel area and is controlled by this css

#tabs a {
	background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bg_tabs1.gif");
}

#tabs a span {
	background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bg_tabs2.gif");
	color: #536482;
}

#tabs a:hover span {
	color: #BC2A4D;
}

#tabs .activetab a {
	border-bottom-color: #CADCEB;
}

#tabs .activetab a span {
	color: #333333;
}

#tabs .activetab a:hover span {
	color: #000000;
}
Can I add something to this part to make new pm's "x new messages" on the index page appear in red?

Many thanks !

Wookie

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”