[How to] colorize prosilver

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
Britangie

Re: [How to] colorize prosilver

Post by Britangie »

Hi,

I tried to change the colour #12A3EB (the darkish blue around the categories) to #7285B3 Only found one instance of it in the colour.css file so changed it. I've reuploaded it then refreshed the all the stypes in the acp but it hasn't changed a thing. :( Apart from moving the search box and adding a link back to my main site this was the only thing I wanted to change- all the other colours are fine.
MrC
Name: Ivo

Post by MrC »

Those are images, you have to remove them
http://www.tbforum.tomburkeonline.co.uk ... g_list.gif
WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

Can't you just use the online color editor for Prosilver and then download the theme template with the new color graphics in it? Wouldn't that be much easier and simpler? I'm referring to this one.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prosilver/
WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

Question. In this color code:

Code: Select all

#navigation a {
       color: #333;
       background-color: #B2C2CF;
       background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bg_menu.gif");
    }                
What if I remove this line:

background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bg_menu.gif");
Will the background just be the html color code I set it at then, so I don't have to try to colorize the image?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

try it and see.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Does anyone have a breakdown or a link to what colors change which elements of prosilver? Right now I have been able to change the Headerbar, Navbar, Background, and Wrap colors. I seem to be unable to find how to change the colors of "Your First Category" and "Your First Forum" sections on my main page.

I am really new to try and custom edit stuff. I have searched throughout the thread but I must be overlooking if this has been answered before or not. It would be great if someone could update with a screenshot with numbers, and a number list of the exact name of the item that can be changed.
Lumpy Burgertushie

open the page in your browser. right click on the thing you want to change. in the drop down menu, choose "inspect element" or whatever your browser calls it.

a popup will show you exactly what html and css controls that spot on the page.

once you find out you can download that file and make your edits and upload back.

luck,
robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I was able to finally change the color of the ul.forums, but had to turn off the check mark beside the image...which I am guessing either has to be changed or removed. This is so new to me.

Thanks so much for the tip on how to figure out what I need to edit!
Lumpy Burgertushie

those changes you make in the inspector are not real. they are only applied to the page in your browser cache. as soon as you move from that page they go away.

you have to use your ftp, download the actual file to your computer and use your text editor to edit the file and then upload it back.

then, as usual, you will have to refresh the theme/template/imageset from your adminpanel style tab and refresh your browser to see the changes.

robert

Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Those color settings I had changed in the file numerous times but would never change due to the image. I do understand that the changes are only temp and I have to edit the actual file, but helped point me why it was not changing, LOL.

It helps though being able to make adjustments through the browser so I know that I am editing the right thing in the css file. The only object I am having trouble adjusting is the white for the search box on the nav bar.
Lumpy Burgertushie

by default the search box is not in the navbar but in the headerbar. assuming that it is the same when you move it to the navbar;

colours.css:

#search-box #keywords {
	background-color: #FFF;
}
robert

no_comment

Post by no_comment »

Hi all!

I want to colorize prosilver using this site: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/prosilver
But I need only changed files because I have MODs installed. So does anybody know what the change files are?
Thanks.

Regards,
DANIEL
Last edited by no_comment on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

There is no support here for downloads from other websites.

Most of the colors in prosilver are going to be in colours.css, and the files in the theme/images folder.
no_comment

Post by no_comment »

Now, I only need to change text colors and the background under logo.
Recolor 1.png
Recolor 2.png
LATER EDIT: Nevermind. It's all fine now. I just needed to delete cache.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”