[2.0.6] Font Face BBCode

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
35%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
3%

Total votes: 31

2bjenn

Post by 2bjenn » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi, I've installed everything but it's not working. I've read this entire thread looking for a solution, but none seem to work.

The drop down box is there, the help tip is there, and the fonts are in there.

I'm having the same problem with the tags displaying after I post the message: [font face=Arial]text[/font]

Which pieces of code do you need to see?

Here is a link to my forum: http://www.jenniferblair.org/rockforum/ ... m.php?f=16

(This is the only place on the board where guests can post)

Thanks in advance!

Herbalite

Post by Herbalite » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:32 am

2bjenn

You're using a custom template.
Make sure that you apply all MOD changes relating to your particular template. In your case check bbcode.tpl for the template you're using as I suspect this to be the file not being modified.
In the interest of cutting costs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off...

2bjenn

Post by 2bjenn » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:32 pm

That template has been modified with the changes.

Actually I found that the error was in bbcode.php. :roll:
It works now.

Thank you for your help! :D

PaulYO

Post by PaulYO » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:16 pm

Herbalite,

Thank you for this great contribution.

I'm having one small problem. I recently upgraded my phpBB version from 2.015 to 2.019, and then went with the standard subSilver template.

Here is what's happening:

If I post a new message, I can change the fonts and they display correctly.

However, when viewing old posts (already saved in the database) - the same fonts don't display properly.

Any idea what's going on? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Paul

Ruth

Post by Ruth » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:49 pm

After going through this thread to try and correct my drop down box problem, I'm still having trouble:

Although "Font colour" and "Font size" appear just before the drop down box, my mod is showing "Font Type" just before the drop down box and in it is the "Font face" (the fonts all appear no problem and all work well).

In which directory can I fix it so that "Font Type" is gone and "Font face" appears just before the drop down box rather than in it?

Ruth

Post by Ruth » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Nevermind, I got it. phew.

blackrat

Post by blackrat » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:42 am

1. I made a post with all my 21 fonts. Can you please check here
  2. How many of these fonts can you see - if not working you see the default Arial font.
  3. Can you see on Internet Explorer MasonAlternate, Morpheus and Folkard (these are embedded to my site and should be seen also when not installed on your sysem)?
Thanks for any help.
blackrat

My board:
www.game-multimedia.com

HoremWeb

Post by HoremWeb » Sun May 14, 2006 10:14 am

blackrat wrote:
  1. I made a post with all my 21 fonts. Can you please check here
  2. How many of these fonts can you see - if not working you see the default Arial font.

For me all of them appeared nice and neat! ;o)

- Inserted later - Well, nice and neat with IE and Firefox, and badly damaged with Opera 8.53. For IE and Firefox even the embedded fonts displayed correctly, but Opera fails on several fonts, including all the embedded types. I think it is not your site what malfunctions. :|

---------------- CUT HERE PLEASE ----------------->8---

Thanks for this MOD, it is great. With this, our forum is the first that I ever saw on Egyptology which supports the scientific notation of Egyptian language (called Transliteration). :feeling great:

Only one strange thing: if I set the font face to Transliteration, it is not enough. I have to increase font size, too. Otherwise the text remains Arial. Well, we can work it out and the Transliteration font face is a bit smaller, so it needs increased size... This is true for IE and sometimes! for Opera. Firefox and Mozilla displays the truth ;o)

For IE and Opera, when typeface is set [Transliteration, serif] && Transliteration font is installed, the selected text neither Transliteration nor serif but Arial. Any idea???

[EDITED LATER] It seems to be the trick of the ttf file. Transliteration acts like a symbol font. Nevertheless, if I don't decorate it (mean don't set it bold, italics, greater size, coloured, etc) then it usually works. For non-IE browsers, it is always good. [/EDITED LATER]

thx once again,

HoremWeb
Last edited by HoremWeb on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
nn ms.j sAw
(No one born wise) - Ptahhotep, around 2200 B.C.

The Avatar

Post by The Avatar » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:50 pm

This mod is giving me a headache.

I've ironed out almost all of the problems....

Its just the last one of getting the helpline code to display.

I'm not sure if its conflicting with the catergories heirachy mod or nutzy's multiBBcode mod.

Gah! Its just trying to track all the bloody variables and where they go. Is there anyway I can force the helpline string to display the text or do I have to send it to another function?

I'm assuming I have to. It's just finding exactly where it is defined thats the problem. I've tried to rename the string and refer to it by its new name, but that hasn't helped at all.

I got a partial success when I defined it within the multiBBcode MOD, but then I got a "Face" button which I really didn't want. However, the help line worked.

EDIT: Oh, great mod by the way. Its just giving me a headache trying to iron out this last detail :)

canesoverhere

Post by canesoverhere » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:05 am

Newbie here...I've searched through all the Knowledge Base and forums trying to find out how to get an Old English font-family to appear in the title of my header, to no avail. Apologies if instructions on how to do this are provided here and I just whiffed on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Arglwydd

Post by Arglwydd » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:54 pm

What do you mean by 'in the title of my header'? I think you may need to try clarifying a bit.

This is a very useful MOD if you want to give your members the option of further personalising their posts, but it did occur to me that it could be better integrated into the site for aesthetic purposes. I don't know enough about coding to be able to suggest actual coding changes, but I did make a little graphic to illustrate what I mean;

It's not exactly a work of art, but it gets the message across and gives you an idea what it would look like. As I said, I don't really know much about coding, so I have no idea how much effort would be involved in such an adjustment. I just think it looks a lot more natural, whereas currently the MOD looks a little imposed and out of place.
MythicalRealmRPG.net! A roleplaying site for adult writers!
LCNA - A mafia-themed text-based roleplaying game for all ages!

camille1197

Post by camille1197 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:05 am

I did that to my forum. (the above hoped for image ;) )

In posting_body.tpl you just need to change the colspan=9 to a 10 - right here at the top of this section. Depending on what other mods you have installed. Just experiment with that number or any other places you have colspan defined.
<tr>
<td colspan="10">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td><span class="genmed"> &nbsp;{L_FONT_COLOR}:
<select name="addbbcodefontcolor" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.options[this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">
<option style="color:black; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="{T_FONTCOLOR1}" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>
<option style="color:darkred; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="darkred" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</option>
<option style="color:red; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="red" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_RED}</option>
<option style="color:orange; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="orange" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</option>
<option style="color:brown; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="brown" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BROWN}</option>
<option style="color:yellow; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="yellow" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_YELLOW}</option>
<option style="color:green; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="green" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_GREEN}</option>
<option style="color:olive; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="olive" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_OLIVE}</option>
<option style="color:cyan; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="cyan" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_CYAN}</option>
<option style="color:blue; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="blue" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BLUE}</option>
<option style="color:darkblue; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="darkblue" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DARK_BLUE}</option>
<option style="color:indigo; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="indigo" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_INDIGO}</option>
<option style="color:violet; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="violet" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_VIOLET}</option>
<option style="color:white; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="white" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_WHITE}</option>
<option style="color:black; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="black" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BLACK}</option>
</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcodefontsize" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcodefontsize.options[this.form.addbbcodefontsize.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">
<option value="7" class="genmed">{L_FONT_TINY}</option>
<option value="9" class="genmed">{L_FONT_SMALL}</option>
<option value="12" selected class="genmed">{L_FONT_NORMAL}</option>
<option value="18" class="genmed">{L_FONT_LARGE}</option>
<option value="24" class="genmed">{L_FONT_HUGE}</option>
</select>
<select name="addbbcodefontface" onchange="bbfontstyle('[font=' + this.form.addbbcodefontface.options[this.form.addbbcodefontface.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/font]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onmouseover="helpline('n')" accesskey="n">
<option value="0" class="genmed" selected="selected">{L_FONT_STYLE}</option>
<!-- BEGIN font_styles -->
<option value="{font_styles.L_FONTNAME}" class="genmed" style="font-family:{font_styles.L_FONTNAME};">{font_styles.L_FONTNAME}</option>
<!-- END font_styles -->
</select>
</span></td>
<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gensmall"><a href="javascript:bbstyle(-1)" class="genmed" onMouseOver="helpline('a')">{L_BBCODE_CLOSE_TAGS}</a></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>

PS I have lots of mods installed so don't copy this section of code. Your section may be different.

Menni

Post by Menni » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:03 pm

This is my code:

Code: Select all

<td colspan="9"> 
			  <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
				<tr> 
				  <td><span class="genmed"> &nbsp;{L_FONT_COLOR}: 
					<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]')" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">
					  <option style="color:black; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="{T_FONTCOLOR1}" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>
					  <option style="color:darkred; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="darkred" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</option>
					  <option style="color:red; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="red" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_RED}</option>
					  <option style="color:orange; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="orange" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</option>
					  <option style="color:brown; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="brown" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BROWN}</option>
					  <option style="color:yellow; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="yellow" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_YELLOW}</option>
					  <option style="color:green; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="green" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_GREEN}</option>
					  <option style="color:olive; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="olive" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_OLIVE}</option>
					  <option style="color:cyan; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="cyan" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_CYAN}</option>
					  <option style="color:blue; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="blue" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BLUE}</option>
					  <option style="color:darkblue; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="darkblue" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DARK_BLUE}</option>
					  <option style="color:indigo; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="indigo" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_INDIGO}</option>
					  <option style="color:violet; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="violet" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_VIOLET}</option>
					  <option style="color:white; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="white" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_WHITE}</option>
					  <option style="color:black; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="black" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BLACK}</option>
					</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode22" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode22.options[this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">
					  <option value="7" class="genmed">{L_FONT_TINY}</option>
					  <option value="9" class="genmed">{L_FONT_SMALL}</option>
					  <option value="12" selected class="genmed">{L_FONT_NORMAL}</option>
					  <option value="18" class="genmed">{L_FONT_LARGE}</option>
					  <option  value="24" class="genmed">{L_FONT_HUGE}</option>
					</select>
					&nbsp;<select name="addbbcodefontface" onchange="bbfontstyle('[font=' + this.form.addbbcodefontface.options[this.form.addbbcodefontface.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/font]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onmouseover="helpline('n')" accesskey="n">
						<option value="0" class="genmed" selected="selected">{L_FONT_STYLE}</option>
						<!-- BEGIN font_styles -->
					  	<option value="{font_styles.L_FONTNAME}" class="genmed" style="font-family:{font_styles.L_FONTNAME};">{font_styles.L_FONTNAME}</option>
						<!-- END font_styles -->
					</select>
					</span></td>
				  <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gensmall"><a href="javascript:bbstyle(-1)" class="genmed" onMouseOver="helpline('a')">{L_BBCODE_CLOSE_TAGS}</a></span></td>
				</tr>
			  </table>
And this is how it looks:
Can someone help me and tell me exactly how should I modify the code to make it look better?

camille1197

Post by camille1197 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:11 pm

that isn't all of the code for what you have pictured. I'll be happy to fix it for you but I need more.

that is just the bottom half

Ladybug2001

Post by Ladybug2001 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:20 pm

I need some help please!

I installed this MOD last night and now nobody can post or read posts on my board. When you open up a post all you get is a blank white page. Same thing if you click on 'new post'.

I've tried going back and removing the code. I've tried reloading my latest back up (which I did before installing the code), but neither have fixed the problem.

Any suggestions? And please let me know if there is anything more I can provide that could help figure this out.

Thanks!

Phpbb board url: http://www.fehrdreams.net/WODforum

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”