[2.0.6] Smilies Order

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
14%
Good
12%
Fair
3%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 59

timbercrawler

Post by timbercrawler »

None of my smilies show up now, Just red x's, I followed the instructions to a tee. Any ideas? I entered the db queries in phpMyadmin.
timbercrawler

Post by timbercrawler »

Somehow made an error in the "phpbb_smilies" table, characters allowed for smile_url got changed from 100 to 5 which caused all the urls to be incorrect which is why none of the smilies showed up. So now I'll have to go through individually and change them all

This makes no sense, the value given in the query is 5, where did the 100 come from? I tried 100 and it didn't help.

I put all my backup files back and it is still red x's so I guess it is a database deal. How do I undo my queries and redo them?

here is what I see:

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule »

GREAT MOD

i haven't check up if the thing of new smilies cuase i got more than 200 smilies :P

and i use them to go to the end
and it works hope it¡s fixed

GRATZ FOR THE GREAT MOD
timbercrawler

Post by timbercrawler »

anyone know why my smilies wont shop up now? see above...
Sammyed

Post by Sammyed »

Are those uploaded in the correct folder with FTP?

images/smilies/*.*
timbercrawler

Post by timbercrawler »

yes, they are the default ones. When I click "add new smiley" it shows up on that form so I know the image exists but it won't display in the list or on the compose post page. I took these files and put them with another database and thy show up, so it is def. a database issue. Ideas?
JakeNess

Post by JakeNess »

any chance something like this will be included in a future release of phpBB? i don't use mods because i have had to many bad experiences with them.
helluvaguy

Re: Thanks thou!

Post by helluvaguy »

Wolvnius wrote: Speaking of smiles, I am trying to send smilies up, down, to the top or to the botton; it doesn't work. I had clicked on the change insert location and nothing. If I go to the Forum index and post somthing I am able to see the changes, but not if I am doing it from Smiles Editing Utility. WHy?
Sorry if I overread the reply to this, but I'm having the same problem. And I've doublechecked the code changes I made.
yoda2nd

Post by yoda2nd »

Maybe this has been already coverd but, I have installed the smilies mod and everything seems to work Ok, however the order of the smilies does not change. I looked in the database and the values in the order colum change. I have also been over all of the code 3 times and I still can not fiqure out what I missed? Can someone help me?
sketch42

Post by sketch42 »

yoda2nd wrote: Maybe this has been already coverd but, I have installed the smilies mod and everything seems to work Ok, however the order of the smilies does not change. I looked in the database and the values in the order colum change. I have also been over all of the code 3 times and I still can not fiqure out what I missed? Can someone help me?

im having the same problem i created another forum .... a test forum and am having the problem there as well i posted earlier on page 3 about this problem earlier and noone knows or cares to answer
boon.cc

Post by boon.cc »

I continue wanting to installl this mod, but...

Really works wll and is not very diffcult to install???
BOON ;)
LagunaL8

Post by LagunaL8 »

Hello Im a new user here and I really desperately need some help.

Ive downloaded the pack for this smilie change. Part of the change worked out well, it being able to move the smilies up and down. The problem was that first, the up and down arrows didnt show (which i didnt mind) The BIGGER problem is that all the spaces, periods, and commas turned into the red 'X's (anything apart from that like the smilies show up fine)

http://www.ragnarklogoff.net/prob1.JPG

I've changed the SQL configurations and all of the other 5 edited files back to how they were but the X's dont seem to go away. (the backup I took was of a while ago so if possible I really dont want to use it)
Does anyone know why the X's remain and how I can change it back? or If there are other places in my files that were automatically changed when I installed the MOD for this smilie change?
(everything including the smilies work fine rightnow, I just cant seem to get rid of the X's in the threads...)
My forum is
http://ragnarklogoff.net/forum/

Please help me :cry:
Last edited by LagunaL8 on Wed May 05, 2004 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
boon.cc

Post by boon.cc »

????
BOON ;)
LagunaL8

Post by LagunaL8 »

Thanks for the pple who helped, I got the prob. fixed :D :D :D
sketch42

Post by sketch42 »

LagunaL8 wrote: Thanks for the pple who helped, I got the prob. fixed :D :D :D

who helped you, and why cant anyone else get help round here, lol , i mean i understand that sometimes things take time , but what bout the hack author???? :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”