[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
Revo1

Post by Revo1 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:03 pm

I'm getting the Query errors as well http://cyphatron.com/title_install_error.php But as advised I'll ignore them, because those errors merely mean that what I want queried is already there. However, my trouble is that when I go to make a custom title in my profile, it does not work. When I go back to my profile, it's blank again. Any advice on what might be causing this?

Revo1

Post by Revo1 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:11 pm

Oh, I'm a fool. Although the Custom Title field is blank in my profile, it shows up in my posts. :D Thanks, Aexoden. This MOD should be a default for phpBB2. I don't suppose you have a quick and easy hack for subforums, do ya'? :D Thanks again.

WUN

justbishop

Post by justbishop » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:18 am

I really like this mod, not just because of how awesome it is, but because I feel like I learned and accomplised something by installing it! I've been wanting to try it for a few weeks, but was a bit scared off by the "advanced" rating...after a few unsuccessful tries, and lots of help from the sweeties here, I got it working last nite (yay!) Anywho, thx so much for it :wink:

Volion

Post by Volion » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:45 pm

Hi,

Installed this mod on 2.0.6 and have no error messages, I can set a members custom title in the ACP and it shows up in there profile and in view topic no problem, however it does not show up in the users profile so they can set it, even if I go in and set them to enable, I have tried the ACP settings to posts 0, 1 and day 0, 1 with no effect for either, also if the user updates their profile, the custom title I set in the ACP is deleted.

I have gone though the code line by line at least 15 times, using find a replace with a copy paste from the installation guide, every line of code is there.

I have ran the db install a number of times just to be sure and I am on day number 2 now trying to figure this out with no luck and I am about to lose my mind, does any one have a suggestion or a fix or is having the same problem?
Proud supporter of phpBB-RPG.com.

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:10 pm

The problem is either in usercp_register.php or profile_add_body.tpl. I can't be much more specific than that, other than to make sure everything's done, especially in the template.

Volion

Post by Volion » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:48 am

Edit: Fixed file - removed
Last edited by Volion on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Volion

Post by Volion » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:50 am

Edit: file 2 - removed
Last edited by Volion on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:09 am

Are you having problems with the birthday mod at all, too? There's a line in the tpl: <!-- END is_interests --> or something like that that you may want to move above the <!-- BEGIN switch_custom_title --> .

That may not be the problem, but I don't have time at the moment to take a bigger look.

Volion

Post by Volion » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:03 am

No, every thing else is working fine, including the b-day mod.

Thanks for having a look when you can.

Volion

Post by Volion » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:41 pm

If there is no way to fix it, how can I just make it active full time? Or perhaps is there another mod available?

I don’t really need the activation settings as every member can have a custom title.

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:10 pm

Volion wrote: If there is no way to fix it, how can I just make it active full time? Or perhaps is there another mod available?

I don’t really need the activation settings as every member can have a custom title.

Just get rid of the <!-- BEGIN switch_custom_title --> and <!-- END switch_custom_title --> lines.

Volion

Post by Volion » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:38 pm

I need some sleep or some thing, never even thought of that lol, to close to the problem to see it.

Ok that worked, so that means the code is correct in the tpl, so why are the switches not working I wonder?

Anyways, thanks for the help. :D

Jinxy

Post by Jinxy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:25 am

Code: Select all

General Error 
Failed to update general configuration for EM_ftp_pass

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@$[æ\›±Ó' WHERE config_name = 'EM_ftp_pass'' at line 2

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '†@c

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:22 am

That looks like an EasyMOD error, and I really don't know anything about it, so you should probably post in the relevant support area for EasyMOD

DivineAthena

Post by DivineAthena » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:46 pm

I tried installing the costum title mod to my forum, but when I ran the instalation file there was an error;
Parse error: parse error in /home/athena/public_html/athena/TheKingdom/includes/constants.php on line 180
Aexoden's custom Title MOD: Database Updater

Information
Database type :: mysql
Aexoden's Custom Title Version:: 1.0.2

This installs the necessary database schema for Aexoden's Custom Title MOD. Currently, only the MySQL aspect has been tested. If you're using any other database, please report your results to Aexoden.

Installing database schema
Progress :: . Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Table 'athena_myforum.USERS_TABLE' doesn't exist
SQL :: ALTER TABLE USERS_TABLE ADD COLUMN user_custom_title varchar(255) NULL, ADD COLUMN user_custom_title_status tinyint(1) default '0' not null

An error occured.

Updating data
Progress :: .... Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Table 'athena_myforum.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist
SQL :: INSERT INTO CONFIG_TABLE (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_days', 0)

SQL :: INSERT INTO CONFIG_TABLE (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_posts', 0)

SQL :: INSERT INTO CONFIG_TABLE (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_mode', 0)

SQL :: INSERT INTO CONFIG_TABLE (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_maxlength', 45)

An error occured. Please PM Aexoden with the details of the error.

Install completed
You should now delete this file. Be sure to visit the Configuration section of General Admin to configure the Custom Title options.

what's wrong and how do I fix it?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”