[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
stuckgamer

Post by stuckgamer » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:36 am

hmm...

squakMix

Post by squakMix » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:38 am

Sorry if this has been posted before in this thread (I read through about 18 pages before I decided to post).

I installed it correctly (using the manual installation... by moving the install php file to the root directory and running it), and I can see the custom title settings in the general configuration admin panel, but I cant see it anywhere in my profile or my user's profile.

Any ideas??

squakMix

Post by squakMix » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:26 pm

No one? :(

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:35 pm

:arrow: squakMix: Just so I understand what you say you have done... You copied the install php file to the root directory and opened your browser to that page. Is that all? If so, that only installs the SQL into the database. You will need to open the install text file and make the changes as instructed to your php and tpl files.

If you did do that, then make sure that all the files are copied in place with the correct permissions and double check for typos.

ftseng

Post by ftseng » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:45 pm

I'm having trouble with something...

the mod was working fine before, but now it says any title is too long. I went to configurate it, but all the configuration options for the mod are blank so I don't know what I'm changing.

The config has 3 radio buttons, then a text field, then another, and another.

can anyone help?

This is a great mod, but I wish I could get it to work :(

Norbertz

Post by Norbertz » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:26 am

I have deleted this mod , because it wasent what I was looking for... what is the message in the database that the install file put there so I can delete it manually ?

//Norbertz

squakMix

Post by squakMix » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:08 am

Gremlinn wrote: :arrow: squakMix: Just so I understand what you say you have done... You copied the install php file to the root directory and opened your browser to that page. Is that all? If so, that only installs the SQL into the database. You will need to open the install text file and make the changes as instructed to your php and tpl files.

If you did do that, then make sure that all the files are copied in place with the correct permissions and double check for typos.

Ok, I'll check it out. The only thing I did was run the install.php file in the browser.

Now: Do I have to actually edit any php during installation?

Eh, I'll go check it out.

In the mean time I have another question: How would I go about uninstalling this if I'm not happy with it? (I'm new to this obviously).

Edit: Shit, yea, there's alot of stuff I need to change. If I want to attempt an easy mod install what exactly do I need to do?

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:55 pm

:arrow: squakMix: Backup the phpbb2 directory and your database before you begin. Then, if you don't like the mod, just put all your files and database back. I use mysqldump to backup my database and just zip the directory. Also, I recommend setting up a testing site for doing changes. http://apachefriends.org has all the tools you would need.

rla128

Post by rla128 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:08 am

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 45

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 45

Warning: main(./config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 46

Warning: main(./includes/constants.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/constants.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 47

Warning: main(./includes/functions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 48

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/functions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 48

Warning: main(./includes/functions_admin.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 49

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/functions_admin.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 49

Warning: main(./includes/db.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 50

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/db.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/pvbible/public_html/boards/admin/mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/title_install.php on line 50

Zillon

Post by Zillon » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:24 am

Ok, if anyone can help me, I am having a bit of trouble with my own board.

I installed the Cash mod, and had a few issues with the php. Edited that, and also edited out multple instances of the title mod. However, now, I have an issue with the mod in relation to new users registering.

Whenever a new user attempts to register, they get this message: could not insert data into users table.

Can anyone PLEASE help. I've spent nearly 3 hours on attempting to find the source of the problem with no luck.

Thank you,
-Zack
Mayhem-RC.com

EbbyWolf

How does it work?

Post by EbbyWolf » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:55 pm

I have installed it, but I cannot find anywhere to actually put in custom titles. Was something miss something while installing it? I had used easy mod to install.
Jen

Birds are the key to light and love.

(¯`·._.·[LaZaRuS]·._.·´¯)

Post by (¯`·._.·[LaZaRuS]·._.·´¯) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:37 am

Is there a way I can centre the title?

gilraen

Post by gilraen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:34 pm

(¯`·._.·[LaZaRuS]·._.·´¯) wrote: Is there a way I can centre the title?
I'd imagine you can do this by editind the html around the custom title code in viewtioc_body.tpl

Mine as it was installed looks like:

Code: Select all

<span class="postdetails"><strong>{postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE}</strong>
so if you change it to:

<span class="postdetails"><strong><center>{postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE}</center></strong>
or

<span class="postdetails"><strong><center>{postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE}</strong>{postrow.POSTER_RANK}</center>
if you're not replacing the admin-set rank with your custom title and want both centred

... just tested it out on my test forum, and both of the edits will work

gerbil42

Post by gerbil42 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:48 pm

I installed this MOD using EasyMOD, then corrected the errors that it couldn't find the correct part of a line (in most cases, this is because it was bumped down to the next line), ran title_install.php, but I can't find anywhere on my board for the users to enter their custom titles.

What did I do wrong?

Board Particulars
PHP - 4.3.9
MySQL - 4.1
v. 2.0.10
Mod v 1.0.2
www.coffeecrew.us/forums

JohninLA

Forcing Upper Case?

Post by JohninLA » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:51 pm

This mod is working great for me, but allowing users to enter their own titles has been inconsistent. I'd like to force the first letter to be upper case, while the rest just normal. Maybe the first letter always comes out in caps, no matter what the user types.

Is there coding I can put in that would do this for me?

Thanks, appreciate the help!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”