[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
Liljeberg

Post by Liljeberg »

My error two posts up was because one of the fields in the database hadn't been created as it should. It's fixed now.

As for your errorsMephistox, I think you get them because you are using a different forum styles which might now match exactly what the MOD is looking for.

tulsabobt

Where do you change settings for this mod?

Post by tulsabobt »

I may just be asleep at the wheel but I do not see where to change the config settings? Nothign appeared on my admin interface and I see no scripts via ftp...

anyone?

Thanks,
Bob

Liljeberg

Re: Where do you change settings for this mod?

Post by Liljeberg »

tulsabobt wrote: I may just be asleep at the wheel but I do not see where to change the config settings? Nothign appeared on my admin interface and I see no scripts via ftp...

anyone?

They should be under General Admin>Configuration. About half-way down the page is a section titled Custom Title Settings.

Opus

Post by Opus »

Opus wrote: I read through...

I was wondering if I can make this accept some html tags.

Top..

brianboros

Post by brianboros »

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<input type="text" class="post"style="width: 200px" name="interests" size="35" maxlength="150" value="{INTERESTS}" />
</td>
</tr> 
I got that when i was trying to install this mod with easymod and now i cant log in... I didnt do anything else!!!
http://bwoinfo.com/board/index.php? My PHPBB Forum.... Got any sugestions?

TigerStar

Post by TigerStar »

No offense, but why would we need or use this?

HairThief

Post by HairThief »

I've installed this mod and now when I look at any topic I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in .../p90sboard/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 167

Any ideas?

Muzzysgirl

Post by Muzzysgirl »

brianboros wrote:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<input type="text" class="post"style="width: 200px" name="interests" size="35" maxlength="150" value="{INTERESTS}" />
</td>
</tr> 
I got that when i was trying to install this mod with easymod and now i cant log in... I didnt do anything else!!!

I got that error as well... my fix was to put the those lines of code in there and remove that section out of the text file... but when you do that it installs perfect, no errors until you try to click on a post and I get this error:
Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_custom_title' in 'field list'

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 4303 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 20

Line : 399
File : viewtopic.php

Ok.. if I would have read back further I would have seen that I didn't do the install php file....

krisco

Post by krisco »

I installed this, and after, when i click on profile with any user, i get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/ectenter/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_register.php on line 122

What is my best approach?

Spook0114

Post by Spook0114 »

The install went smoothly, but when I try to set a custom title, nomatter how long it is, I get a 'your set title was too long' message. (and I set the char limit at 30 on the control panel) :?

Also: when trying to veiw a topic I get:

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 80 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 20

Line : 398
:(
Last edited by Spook0114 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenn I

Post by Glenn I »

How come I have it set that users with 25 or more posts can have a title but someone just registered and they got a title?

shadav

Post by shadav »

Ok i'm having several problems with this mod...it installed...i'm having same probs as Spook0114

error #1
In the Configuration (admin->General admin->Configuration->Custom Title Settings) no matter what I put there when I save and return it is blank again (default)

error #2
In the profile page, where you'd edit your profile there's nothing there just a blank and then : then the empty box where you'd insert the title!

if I enter anything it says
Your entered custom title was too long.
If i leave it blank it says

General Error

Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_custom_title' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'shadav@yahoo.com', user_birthday = 09061981, user_icq = '', user_website = 'http://geocities.com/shadav', user_occ = 'Mother', user_from = 'Cornfields, Indiana', user_interests = 'Daughter', user_custom_title = '', user_name_first = 'Lea', user_name_last = 'Shadav', user_sig = '
Here because you need me, not because you want me. Here because you want me, not because you need me. In the end it''s all the same, I just do what I''m told. It''s all the same in the end, I lose myself again. Self inflections burn away good intentions.
', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '336f519b9a', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '', user_yim = 'shadav', user_msnm = 'hrust@hotmail.com', user_attachsig = 1, user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 1, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_timezone = -5, user_dateformat = 'd M Y h:i a', user_wordwrap = '70',user_lang = 'english', user_style = 2, user_active = 1, user_actkey = '' WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 774
File : usercp_register.php
error #3
I'm not able to view posts i recieve this error

General Error

Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 2 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 406

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Very nice mod, just what I was looking for with plenty of room for configuration and management. Installed exactly as promised with easy mod then I edited my custom template files to accomodate style changes. Thanks for the mod. 8)

shadav

Post by shadav »

Ok i don't know why...when I installed the mod, I ran the title_install but i guess it didn't take,....so outta desperation i went and just uploaded that file into my ftp client then ran it again...now everything works fine except still it's blank in the profile

so there's something wrong with my usercp_register file...could you maybe take a look and see what you can find?

My usercp_register

thanks

also just curious...is there anyway to make the title colored?

Liljeberg

Post by Liljeberg »

Shadav, check language/lang_english/lang_main.php and make sure the code below has been added. When texts are missing they are usually missing in the language files too.

//
// Custom Title MOD
//
$lang['Custom_title'] = 'Custom Title';
$lang['Custom_title_toolong'] = 'Your entered custom title was too long.';
$lang['Custom_title_explain'] = 'When used, this will %s. There is a %s character limit.';
$lang['Custom_title_independent_explain'] = 'add an additional user title to your posts';
$lang['Custom_title_replace_rank_explain'] = 'replace your regular rank with this text. To reset your rank, simply leave this blank';
$lang['Custom_title_replace_both_explain'] = 'replace both your regular rank and rank image with this text. To reset your rank, simply leave this blank';

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”