[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
Cloudflash

Re: [2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

Post by Cloudflash »

I think I'm having this exact same error... When I tried to install Custom Title Mod using its EasyMod compatible installation, I got the following message:

Code: Select all

IND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$signature = str_replace('

MOD script line #291
I had this message before when I had several other mods installed, and I got the message now, and I just reinstalled phpbb; it's a completely fresh start. The only other thing I've done with the forum is installed EasyMod itself.

I figured I'd ignore this and proceed with the installation; I moved that title_install.php to my forum's root folder, then I opened it and it told me everything went fine, and instructed me to delete that file. I deleted it, went to my forum to see if Custom Title was working, and, of course, it wasn't working. What did I do wrong here?

edit: I just went into includes/usercp_register.php... There was no $signature = str_replace('; the closest thing to it is $signature = stripslashes($signature);... how can they expect a clean file to somehow change on it's own? :|
Last edited by Cloudflash on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HobbyIllustrator

Post by HobbyIllustrator »

What error message are you getting on the site itself? Is it giving you the Debug Error when you submit your profile?
Cloudflash

Post by Cloudflash »

I didn't bother submitting my profile because there was no "custom title" text area at all; no point in submitting the changes if there are no changes...
I just submit my profile anyways, and it went through that process just fine. I don't see how that helps the problem though...

Damnit it all... does anyone know if there are any other functional custom title mods?

Edit: I got custom title version 1.0.3 and it seems to be working
anton1o

Post by anton1o »

Hi Guys,

Ive got an issue where Custom Title mod is showing itself twice :? , Now to kill the logical idea i didn't do everything twice :P

2 - Titles under peoples names,
2 - Options in 'Profile'
2 - Settings Menus in 'Administration Panel'

Forum is viewable at http://www.kngracing.com.
HobbyIllustrator

Here's the fun part, when I had errors like that (errors in appearance, not in function), I had to go through and manually check each file that effected that part of the board.

You'll want to at least take a gander at:
admin/admin_board.php
includes/usercp_register.php
includes/usercp_viewprofile.php

Did you install with EasyMod?
anton1o

Post by anton1o »

Not using EasyMod..

Checked over the following files once again, as per the install file double checking any faults i could have made along the way.

admin/admin_board.php - Checked all OK.
includes/usercp_register.php - Checked all OK.
includes/usercp_viewprofile.php - Checked all OK.

Could not spot anything in all those 3 files, as per the install it was just as advised.

--

Update; Just put on Birthday Mod which has done the same thing... I think this all revolves around what i was going to tell you guys..

I restored my previous SQLDB and am now re-installing the mods, which i think is causing this issue ?
Any ideas to fixing this so everymod i install doesnt double up if its been previously installed

I previoously had Custom Title Mod & Birthday.
HobbyIllustrator

Do you have access to PhpMyAdmin? I think that's what it's called, I haven't had to use mine much. It's possible that these databases are in there twice, though I hope not, because I couldn't even fathom how to tell you to safely remove any.

I haven't had a reason to do such a thing. Perhaps an "advanced" user could tell you more about your SQL databases.
anton1o

Post by anton1o »

I will have to go over it, im not experienced with it either. So i may need to hold on and just have a dirty board for a few days time.
Thurinus

Post by Thurinus »

Hey guys,

I'm having one problem with this mod... Everything works fine except that the custom title field is not showing up on the page where users edit their profile (profile.php?mode=editprofile). I can do everything on the admin panel, as well as see the title on user posts. Any idea what's going on? I checked both profile_add_body.tpl and usercp_register.php manually, and both have all the required edits as defined by the mod.

I used EasyMod to install the mod, and have set the threshold of posts and days of registration to 1. I also successfully installed this mod on a clean forum, so I know exactly how this mod should look and work.

Please please PLEASE help me, I'd really like to get this mod working fully.
Zaire

Post by Zaire »

k I'm having a prob with the Custom title 1.03 mod, the theme my customer is using was missing a small portion from one line which I found in the subsilver theme and added to the vista theme he's using which afterwards it let me install the mod just fine...however when I try to change the custom title settings in the admin panel they don't stick and when I try to change my title from my profile it just tells me my custom title is to long and thats with even just one character used. if someone could help me fix this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

heres the portion I added that the mod said was missing from the viewtopic_body.tpl file
<span class="postdetails">

Edit:
nvm srry for bothering anyone :D I figured it out and it works now. :)
munga

Post by munga »

Cloudflash wrote:I didn't bother submitting my profile because there was no "custom title" text area at all; no point in submitting the changes if there are no changes...
I just submit my profile anyways, and it went through that process just fine. I don't see how that helps the problem though...

Damnit it all... does anyone know if there are any other functional custom title mods?

Edit: I got custom title version 1.0.3 and it seems to be working
Same here. Once I used 1.0.3, it installed wonderfully.
munga

Post by munga »

Thurinus wrote:Hey guys,

I'm having one problem with this mod... Everything works fine except that the custom title field is not showing up on the page where users edit their profile (profile.php?mode=editprofile). I can do everything on the admin panel, as well as see the title on user posts. Any idea what's going on? I checked both profile_add_body.tpl and usercp_register.php manually, and both have all the required edits as defined by the mod.

I used EasyMod to install the mod, and have set the threshold of posts and days of registration to 1. I also successfully installed this mod on a clean forum, so I know exactly how this mod should look and work.

Please please PLEASE help me, I'd really like to get this mod working fully.
Are you using the 1.0.3?
ebeelove07

Post by ebeelove07 »

Edit: Found the issue and fixed it myself. :)
Last edited by ebeelove07 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ebeelove07

Post by ebeelove07 »

Okay, I fixed one problem and now I have another.

I can change user's custom title's through the admin panel, but the custom title field is not showing up so the users can change it themselves even though I have the setting like this:

General Admin > Configuration

Custom Title settings:
No rank/image replacement
Days of registration required: 1
Posts required: 1
Maximum length: 200

Is there some sort of missing "enable" command here in the General Admin Config that I'm missing?

And even if I go to User Admin > Management and manually change the Custom title activation status to "enabled" the user STILL can't change their own custom title!

I wanted all of our users to be able to use this mod to have their custom text appear under their avatar, but I don't want to manually change each user's custom title myself! I wanted the users to be able to do it themselves. Can anybody shed some light on this issue please?? :(
ebeelove07

Post by ebeelove07 »

Also, here is the list of mods I have installed:

Custom Title MOD 1.0.3
Redirect anonymous users to login 1.0.8 by StefanKausL
Easy BotStopper 1.0.0 by battye
Security Question Mod 1.0.0 by James N
Advanced Vote Manager 1.0.2 by soapergem
EasyMOD

I installed the Custom Title mod with Easy Mod and got no errors.

Anyone?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”