[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
ebeelove07

Re: [2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

Post by ebeelove07 »

munga wrote:
Thurinus wrote:Hey guys,

I'm having one problem with this mod... Everything works fine except that the custom title field is not showing up on the page where users edit their profile (profile.php?mode=editprofile). I can do everything on the admin panel, as well as see the title on user posts. Any idea what's going on? I checked both profile_add_body.tpl and usercp_register.php manually, and both have all the required edits as defined by the mod.

I used EasyMod to install the mod, and have set the threshold of posts and days of registration to 1. I also successfully installed this mod on a clean forum, so I know exactly how this mod should look and work.

Please please PLEASE help me, I'd really like to get this mod working fully.
Are you using the 1.0.3?
I am having the same issue, and I have 1.0.3 .... Is there some extra edit needed or problem with that version?

(sorry to spam... I just want this to work out... :cry:)
Ryuumeiko

Post by Ryuumeiko »

Using 1.0.3 - also not getting anything showing up in my user profile page?

Any ideas? It's something to do with this bit:

Code: Select all

// 
// Verify Custom Title Status 
// 
$membertime = ($mode != 'register') ? (time() - $userdata['user_regdate']) : 0;
$custom_title_activated = FALSE;
if (( $userdata['user_custom_title_status'] == CUSTOM_TITLE_ENABLED ) || 
	(( $userdata['user_custom_title_status'] == CUSTOM_TITLE_REGDATE ) && 
	( $membertime >= $board_config['custom_title_days'] * 86400) && 
	( $userdata['user_posts'] >= $board_config['custom_title_posts']))) 
{ 
	$custom_title_activated = TRUE; 
}
in includes/usercp_register.php - if I take out the switch statement in the profile it shows up... Although I've just set my acct. to custom title enabled - rather than based on regdate - and it still doesn't work...

So somehow the $custom_title_activated = TRUE; isn't being set - so the switch isn't being activated...

As far as I can follow:

! have $userdata['user_custom_title_status'] set to == CUSTOM_TITLE_ENABLED (I've checked in the DB...) therefore $custom_title_activated = TRUE;. From there the switch should be activated due to the:

if ($custom_title_activated == TRUE) 
	{ 
		$template->assign_block_vars('switch_custom_title', array() ); 
	}
At the end of usercp_register.php. However with the switch tags in place (<!-- BEGIN switch_custom_title -->) the bit in the profile doesn't show...

I'm assuming if someone can find the bit that stops the switch working the rest will work. :)
Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

It's probably easiest if you can send me your usercp_register.php, since I can probably take a look at it very quickly. Though looking at some of that code makes me realize just how bad phpBB2 was compared to phpBB3. If there isn't a problem in usercp_register.php, the only things I can think of are the changes to the database not having been made, but you seem to have a handle on what's going on.

Otherwise, you may want to try echoing out the status of the $custom_title_activated or splitting that if up into multiple statements or manually echoing various things to make sure all is as it should be.
Ryuumeiko

Post by Ryuumeiko »

I've PMed you.

I figured out how to echo out the status - it's '1' (so true I assume...) so it's being set correctly. But the switch just isn't working. I've hard refreshed repeatedly, so it's not a cache issue...

The problem has to be at the setting the variable (although the if loop is correct as I've set a variable inside it and echoed it out fine...) or the switch code itself... Which I've checked repeatedly and am totally puzzled...

It's not a table issue as when I take the switch out it works fine...
Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

Ryuumeiko wrote:I've PMed you.

I figured out how to echo out the status - it's '1' (so true I assume...) so it's being set correctly. But the switch just isn't working. I've hard refreshed repeatedly, so it's not a cache issue...

The problem has to be at the setting the variable (although the if loop is correct as I've set a variable inside it and echoed it out fine...) or the switch code itself... Which I've checked repeatedly and am totally puzzled...

It's not a table issue as when I take the switch out it works fine...
It looks like a conflict with the security question mod. I'm not sure of the best way to fix it and unfortunately, I have to head to work. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to relocate the entire <!-- BEGIN switch_custom_title --> until the <!-- END switch_custom_title --> so it's after the <!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->. I have no idea what that would do to the security thing, so it's probably not the best solution, but I'd have to think about it more to see if there's another way.
Ryuumeiko

Post by Ryuumeiko »

That worked!

Thank you!
FFLink13

Post by FFLink13 »

I just installed this mod finally (after having to fix some of the install.txt to get it to work with EasyMOD) and now I'm getting this everytime I go to view a topic:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_custom_title' in 'field list'

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 107 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 474
File : viewtopic.php
I tried to do a database backup, but now I see that doesn't help me.

My forum is kinda messed up right now, so any fast help would be greatly appreciated :D

Nevermind, I realised my mistake... I never ran the Title_Install.php... :D
FFLink13

Post by FFLink13 »

Also, is there any way for this mod only to be accessible by admins?
.:: Chico ::.

Post by .:: Chico ::. »

i didn't find this line in includes/usercp_register.php

$signature = str_replace('

Thanks!
FFLink13

Post by FFLink13 »

Take some of the letters out of the search word and see if you find something similar, but slightly wrong from the install.txt

It's what I do...
mardy

Post by mardy »

I've been trying to avoid posting here but after spending hours reading through all the replies I can't find the answer to my problem.

I have installed the custom title mod and it works fine, the problem happens when a user edits their profile - their custom title then dissapears.

I have it set so that only I (admin) can set and change custom titles (using post count 9999999999999999), but I want the custom titles to stay in place after the user edits their profile.

Any ideas?
mardy

Post by mardy »

Anyone? Please?
phorum.ws
Name: Jay

Post by phorum.ws »

can someone pls explain exactly what this does?
from what i read from the minimal 1 line description it allows ALL members to enter any rank title they want
eg:
Kinf Of Forum and also choose any image they like?

is this correct?

I have some questions, where are the images chosen from, the rank images I mean
is this for all members or can you make it so only say certain groups can do this/

any info would be great.

thanks.
Learning CSS, jQuery, Javascript - A Project Manager @Code_Collective Community-Based Dev Collaborative
shadow07

Post by shadow07 »

Man Im sorry but there are quite a few type=o's in this code. meaning its asking you to find this code

$signature = str_replace('
and place this code before

// Verify the user is allowed to alter their custom title.  If not, replace it with their old one. 
	if ($custom_title_activated == FALSE) 
	{ 
		$custom_title = addslashes($userdata['user_custom_title']); 
	}

// Check the length of the custom title.  Prevents people from editing the HTML to get a longer one.
	if (strlen($custom_title) > $board_config['custom_title_maxlength'])
	{
		if ($custom_title != addslashes($userdata['user_custom_title'])) {
			$custom_title = addslashes($userdata['user_custom_title']);
			$error = TRUE;
			if (isset($error_msg)) $error_msg .= '<br />';
			$error_msg .= $lang['Custom_title_toolong'];
		}
	}

But that first code that you look for should look like this

$signature => str_replace('
I think I had to manually find 5 sets of find's because they were given in the instructions wrong.

Nice mod though
Xclavo

Post by Xclavo »

This mod is 4 years old and phpbb has gone through many changes since then. I'm suprised it's still even available for download.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”