[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Linda Carter wrote:Don't make this personal, I have nothing against you, so calm down, and stop trying to attack me.
I'm not attacking you so get over yourself. I am only showing you that there is a README FIRST file for a reason. You can not, and should not, blame a mod author for you inability to install a mod at 2 am in the morning. Generally, if a file is stated as README FIRST, most people tend to read that file first.

It even states in the manuall_install file this
##############################################################
## Author Notes: Please see the accompanying README_FIRST.txt for VERY important information.
##
You chose to ignore that and therefore, blame the mod author for your mistakes?

Makes perfect sense to me. :roll:

Further you have clearly made an error or two in the mods that you have installed as you continue to get errors with mods that you install and now you expect someone to take the time to look at your modified files for issues that clearly have nothing to do with this mod.

I wish not to soil this thread any longer with offtopic banter and to be perfectly honest with you, it seems a waste of time for anyone to try and assist you in your endeavors as you are never wrong no begin with.

So be it, good luck and goodbye. You now are officially phpbb.com member #2 on my ignore list. Congrats!!
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter »

I'm not attacking you so get over yourself.
Oh, really? I guess you are not only a funny little troll, but a liar.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 7&t=769125

You may call me a dumb person, I can accept that, but at least I am not trying to be the owner of truth anywhere on this board. ;)

No one is arguing here, we are seeking for answers. If the author of this MOD have clearly state that we should read the readme first, then why did he placed the same install instructions from the manual file if they are not different? And why did he put the "Manual installation" after the "EazyMOD" instructions?

It's so obvious that most people will miss that point. If you make a README file which is confusing, and a very important instruction is written in the middle of the ocean, you don't expect that everyone will find that bottle. Someone may always miss that. ;)

Once again, I am telling that it was my mistake, I am not blaming anyone here because it was my fault and I should have read it the entire readme, but if you ask me I don't think it's a good idea to place a vital instruction (included files or SQL modifications) in the middle of a readme file.

Why not place that instruction in the manual_installation file? That's not too much to ask. Then again, it's his call, it's not my place to tell what he must do. If he chooses to place that included file instruction in the middle of 200 pages and tell us to look and search for it, so be it, the important thing is the MOD is working in the end, so this is not a big deal, nothing to be so worry about it.

I was not criticizing or blaming anyone here, but you have a personal vendetta from that email thread and spends your time trying to attack me. Since you are the owner of truth, you are also entitled to point fingers at others and spell it out everything you like.
So be it, good luck and goodbye. You now are officially phpbb.com member #2 on my ignore list. Congrats!!
Go ahead, make my day, punk. 8-) :mrgreen:
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."
Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

Which version did you install? I haven't updated the MOD in the MOD database, really. I wrote this poor thing in 2002 and 2003, so most of it is water under the bridge for me. I last updated it to phpBB 2.0.20 with version 1.0.3, which happens to only be available at my web site. If further changes have happened since then, (though I think 2.0.22 worked fine), I may or may not investigate it at some point. It's not exactly a high priority of mine, especially with phpBB3 now being fully available.

Anyway, I wrote those instructions over five years ago now, and if I did it again today, I'd probably do it somewhat differently (even if MODX weren't around).
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

Linda Carter and RMcGirr83: Quit the personal attacks. Any further personal attacks and I'll start warning
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Does this mod work? installing this hope it works..or i will get help :)
Smog

Post by Smog »

AcidRain wrote:Does this mod work? installing this hope it works
It work (installed with subsilver).
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Great Mod, sure works with 2.0.22,,, Thanks
net83it

Post by net83it »

@Aexoden

do you think to port this veru usefull mod on phpbb3? I hope.
Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

Some time ago, I released version 2.0 beta 1, which is designed for phpBB3. You either find it at the site in my signature or at the support topic here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=574342

You'll note that it's still officially a beta release. It should be quite stable, but there are a couple of known minor issues (I think one is a problem with one of the templates, though I don't recall exactly. The other is more a missing feature in that the custom title doesn't appear in private messages.) Neither is critical, so I may or may not fix them some time in the future.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”