[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
Dortmunder13

Post by Dortmunder13 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:16 pm

could you please explain what you mean by execute it?

Opening it in my browser produces a blank screen. if I ssh in and run ./title_install.php, I get a bunch of weird errors - its not ignoring the comment lines.

Is there a different command I need to run to execute the file?

Thanks

Dortmunder13

Post by Dortmunder13 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:32 pm

Ok, I figured out what was wrong, kind of - php-nuke puts some files somewhere else, and the script is including them from the wrong place.

So, what do I do? I tried changing where the includes pull from and I still get a blank screen:

Code: Select all

define('IN_PHPBB', 1);
/*$phpbb_root_path = './';
$phpbb_includes_path = '~/';
include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
include($phpbb_root_path . 'config.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_includes_path . 'includes/constants.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_includes_path . 'includes/functions.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_includes_path . 'includes/functions_admin.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_includes_path . 'includes/db.'.$phpEx);*/

include("extension.inc");
include("config.php");
include("~/includes/constants.php");
include("~/includes/functions.php");
include("~/includes/functions_admin.php");
include("~/db/db.php");

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:17 pm

@ Dortmunder13 : you are using a PHPNuke portal ? sorry, but i won't be able to more help you : i've never used this portal
:oops: :(
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Dortmunder13

Post by Dortmunder13 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:35 pm

Yeah, and they actually have done some significant hacking on the boards, it seems. The logins are tied to the frontpage.

Anyway, don't worry about it. I really appreciate the help. If I figure something out I'll let you know -- maybe its just something with include paths and I just need to make some copies of some files.

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:58 am

You can manually add the fields to the database with phpMyAdmin. I believe I left the queries somewhere near the end of the old thread, which has a link at the bottom of the README. It may have to be changed slightly to work with Nuke, but someone recently told me they got it to work, so it's not impossible.

The Other Guy

Post by The Other Guy » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:10 am

Thanks, it all works now. Nice mod.
Er... yeah.

JoeH

Post by JoeH » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:26 am

Installed in minutes.

Needed to go off the instructions a bit to get it to appear properly, but easily installed even for a novice like me. :)

rascott

Post by rascott » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:57 am

i cant get it to work using subBlack3d.

Zoombini

Post by Zoombini » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:51 pm

Hello, I have installed this mod today, it installed easily enough using Easymod.

Now I see that it is by default enabled on all users.
What do I need to do to ensure that the default is "disabled" for new users?

Thankyou,
Zoombini
No longer bothering with forums.
Too much hassle.

indra sunrise

Post by indra sunrise » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:57 am

Hmmm.
Today is "install yet more mods day".
And, once again, I look at a mod, and do not know if it is a mod I want, without installing it.
So, I just thought I would take a moment to mention:
A link to a screenshot (or two) of what a mod is, what it does, and how it is run, makes an INCREDIBLE difference when picking and choosing which mods one wants. A link to a board running a mod is nice, but screenshots rule.
Just my two cents, from someone who is still deciding if this mod does what he wants it to do.
Indra

rascott

Post by rascott » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:13 am

am i the only one that cant get the mod to work correctly?

im using subBlack3d, and i cannot find the following in templates/subBlack3d/profile_view_body.tpl
<td class="row1" height="6" valign="top" align="center">{AVATAR_IMG}

here is the entire code from templates/subBlack3d/profile_view_body.tpl
<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="left"><span class="nav"><a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a></span></td>
</tr>
</table>

<table class="forumline" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<th class="thHead" colspan="2" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">{L_VIEWING_PROFILE}</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="catLeft" width="40%" height="28" align="center"><b><span class="gen">{L_AVATAR}</span></b></td>
<td class="catLeft" width="60%"><b><span class="gen">{L_ABOUT_USER}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class=postfr height="6" valign="top" align="center">{AVATAR_IMG}<br /><span class="postdetails">{POSTER_RANK}</span></td>
<td class=postfr rowspan="3" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
<td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_JOINED}:&</span></td>
<td width="100%"><b><span class="gen">{JOINED}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_TOTAL_POSTS}:&</span></td>
<td valign="top"><b><span class="gen">{POSTS}</span></b><br /><span class="genmed">[{POST_PERCENT_STATS} / {POST_DAY_STATS}]</span> <br /><span class="genmed"><a href="{U_SEARCH_USER}" class="genmed">{L_SEARCH_USER_POSTS}</a></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_LOCATION}:&</span></td>
<td ><b><span class="gen">{LOCATION}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_WEBSITE}:&</span></td>
<td><span class="gen"><b>{WWW}</b></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_OCCUPATION}:&</span></td>
<td><b><span class="gen">{OCCUPATION}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_INTERESTS}:</span></td>
<td> <b><span class="gen">{INTERESTS}</span></b></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="catLeft" align="center" height="28"><b><span class="gen">{L_CONTACT} {USERNAME} </span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class=postfr class="row1" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
<td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</span></td>
<td class="row1" valign="middle" width="100%"><b><span class="gen">{EMAIL_IMG}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_PM}:</span></td>
<td class="row1" valign="middle"><b><span class="gen">{PM_IMG}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_MESSENGER}:</span></td>
<td class="row1" valign="middle"><span class="gen">{MSN}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_YAHOO}:</span></td>
<td class="row1" valign="middle"><span class="gen">{YIM_IMG}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_AIM}:</span></td>
<td class="row1" valign="middle"><span class="gen">{AIM_IMG}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_ICQ_NUMBER}:</span></td>
<td class="row1"><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--

if ( navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('mozilla') != -1 && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('5.') == -1 )
document.write(' {ICQ_IMG}');
else
document.write('<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td nowrap="nowrap"><div style="position:relative;height:18px"><div style="position:absolute">{ICQ_IMG}</div><div style="position:absolute;left:3px;top:-1px">{ICQ_STATUS_IMG}</div></div></td></tr></table>');

//--></script><noscript>{ICQ_IMG}</noscript></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="right"><span class="nav"><br />{JUMPBOX}</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="99%" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0">
<tr><td class=tab bgcolor=#2d2d2d background="templates/subBlack3dOrg/images/bdt.gif" ><table width="100%" cellspacing="3" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0"><tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" height=10>&</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
<br clear="all" />

romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:16 am

Different templates have different code, obviously... Try narrowing the FIND statement to something that isn't template specific, such as {AVATAR_IMG} ... Find that, then add the required code where it's supposed to be in relation to it.

rascott

Post by rascott » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:23 am

good point. im just being too impatient.. that was pretty obvious. eh shoot me now. sorry

VahnRPG

Post by VahnRPG » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:05 am

Okay, I just got phpbb2 earlier this evening and installed it as well as some mods on my site (http://vahnrpg.iwebland.com) and then I tried to put this one on my forum as well, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I didn't get any errors or anything, but it just wouldn't display the custom title. As of this post, there is only 1 member (me) and I have it set as No Replacement, 0 days of registration required, 1 post required, and max length 45 in the general config. For my profile management in the Admin config it displays the custom title I selected ("Crazy J"...don't ask) and set to enabled...but it doesn't display it anywhere. In the profile manager there isn't an option for me to do it outside the ACP which I assume is intentional and in the viewing of the profile it displays Here: Site Admin. I put in the Here: myself just to see if it was displaying properly, but it didn't...
I put it in all by hand so I'm willing to bet I forgot something and I just started this and haven't really taken a really close look at it so I may have forgotten a step? Does anyone have any clue what could be up?
'Boku' can't save the world
-Blaze Rennaul http://www.superkidinc.com

rascott

Post by rascott » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:11 am

nevermind
Last edited by rascott on Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”