[2.0.6] Custom Title MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.
rascott
Registered User
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:09 am
Location: oklahoma
Contact:

Post by rascott » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:15 am

i got the mod installed and working but my admin panel is showing up like this:

Image


can someone tell me which file i need to edit to fix this?

rascott
Registered User
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:09 am
Location: oklahoma
Contact:

Post by rascott » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:17 am

i checked the following to no avail:

admin/admin_board.php
admin/admin_users.php
templates/subBlackOrg/admin/board_config.tpl

not sure which other ones would have the problem in it. please help

Emberem
Registered User
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:17 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Emberem » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:07 pm

I tried to install this using easymod and I got this error.

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

// 
$sql = "SELECT u. 

MOD script line #665
Which is stupid and is stopping me from installing it fully.

User avatar
Tracey
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:33 pm
Location: a u s t r a l i a
Contact:

Post by Tracey » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:17 am

a really great mod! installed it easily the other day, but i'm trying to edit the necessary theme files (for my other themes) since i'm using more than 1 theme/style - if that's a problem with it, let me know

got this error when running title_install.php
Installing database schema
Progress :: . Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Duplicate column name 'user_custom_title'
SQL :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_sh1ftmb_users ADD COLUMN user_custom_title varchar(255) NULL, ADD COLUMN user_custom_title_status tinyint(1) default '0' not null


An error occured.

Updating data
Progress :: .... Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_days' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_days', 0)


Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_posts' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_posts', 0)


Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_mode' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_mode', 0)


Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_maxlength' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_maxlength', 45)


An error occured. Please PM Aexoden with the details of the error.


if you want the board url, PM me as i don't want it posted anywhere just yet
thanks!
sh1ft.org/mb (phpBB)

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:53 am

Emberem wrote: I tried to install this using easymod and I got this error.

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

// 
$sql = "SELECT u. 

MOD script line #665
Which is stupid and is stopping me from installing it fully.


looks like the MODS is not EMC, try to install it yourself :wink:
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:53 am

Tracey wrote: a really great mod! installed it easily the other day, but i'm trying to edit the necessary theme files (for my other themes) since i'm using more than 1 theme/style - if that's a problem with it, let me know

got this error when running title_install.php
Installing database schema
Progress :: . Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Duplicate column name 'user_custom_title'
SQL :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_sh1ftmb_users ADD COLUMN user_custom_title varchar(255) NULL, ADD COLUMN user_custom_title_status tinyint(1) default '0' not null


An error occured.

Updating data
Progress :: .... Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_days' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_days', 0)


Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_posts' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_posts', 0)


Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_mode' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_mode', 0)


Error :: Duplicate entry 'custom_title_maxlength' for key 1
SQL :: INSERT INTO phpbb_sh1ftmb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('custom_title_maxlength', 45)


An error occured. Please PM Aexoden with the details of the error.


if you want the board url, PM me as i don't want it posted anywhere just yet
thanks!


it seems that the MOD have been already installed or the file title_install.php have been already executed.
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

rascott
Registered User
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:09 am
Location: oklahoma
Contact:

Post by rascott » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:57 am

rascott wrote: i got the mod installed and working but my admin panel is showing up like this:

Image


can someone tell me which file i need to edit to fix this?




still having the same problem. someones gotta have the answer. for this mod we had to edit:
admin/admin_board.php
admin/admin_users.php
includes/constants.php
includes/usercp_avatar.php
includes/usercp_register.php
includes/usercp_viewprofile.php
language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
language/lang_english/lang_main.php
templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl
templates/subSilver/admin/user_edit_body.tpl
templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl
templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
viewtopic.php


can anyone tell me which of those that i specifically need to look at for the problem? ive checked them over pretty well but im not finding the problem. i dont get an error when i go to the admin panel, so i have no idea which file is causing the problem.

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:00 am

@ rascott : looks like an error in admin/index.php or index_body.tpl, index_frameset.tpl, index_navigate.tpl
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

User avatar
Tracey
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:33 pm
Location: a u s t r a l i a
Contact:

Post by Tracey » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:24 pm

morpheus2matrix wrote: it seems that the MOD have been already installed or the file title_install.php have been already executed.


yep, i explained that before i posted the code - i already have used the mod in a theme/style and wanted to use it in my other styles.

i've already tried just adding the coding to the necessary template files and both not running/running the title_install.php but neither of that worked

thanks for your reply, anyone else?
sh1ft.org/mb (phpBB)

hcn limpjedi
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:09 am

Post by hcn limpjedi » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:40 am

ok my custom title mod messed up what happened was there are 2 of them. So in profile when you view it to add a custom title there are 2 custom title thingys the top one doesnt work but the bottom one does. But when i insert a custom title into the bottom one it has two custom titles under my name the same exact one. Can someone please help me? Like tell me what file it is that I should edit to delete one of the custom titles. You can try it out yourself at www.teamhcn.com/forums just register and you will see what I mean, Please help.

Aexoden
Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:18 am
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Name: Jason Lynch
Contact:

Post by Aexoden » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:39 am

Ok, once again, I haven't been receiving notifications, and I rarely check the thread manually. I'll try to answer a few general things I say, and if you're still having problems feel free to post about them.

First off, the mod is EasyMOD compatible, and I've tested it myself on a fresh phpBB 2.0.6. The line in viewtopic.php that it failed to search for I found manually just fine, which probably means that you've installed some other MOD that's modified that area... If it becomes a more significant problem, I'll try to search for a better way to do that area, but it's already a pretty small search. For now, it's a simple manual fix. I think EasyMOD tells you exactly what it failed to do.

VahnRPG: If you haven't figured it out, my guess would be a problem with the templates... profile_view_body.tpl and viewtopic_body.tpl. Though, if it's happening in two places, it could point to a larger problem, but I don't see anything else that points to a problem. If there are further issues, we can try to work through them.

hcn limpjedi: Edit profile_add_body.tpl and remove one of the rows. You should be able to search for {L_CUSTOM_TITLE} or something, and if you know HTML at all, it shouldn't be hard to fix it. If it's happening elsewhere, check the templates as required.

If I forgot to answer anybody, or if anybody's still having problems, post again, and hopefully I'll remember to check back.

User avatar
Tracey
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:33 pm
Location: a u s t r a l i a
Contact:

Post by Tracey » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:23 am

Aexoden wrote: If I forgot to answer anybody, or if anybody's still having problems, post again, and hopefully I'll remember to check back.


Not a big deal for me, but since you asked ... i'll recap here so you don't have to go back (though it's not much)

Can this mod work on a number of styles/themes?
e.g. I have 2.0.6 with the default theme working with the mod, and I also have substyles working for 3 of the forums in my phpBB. The mod doesn't work with the 3 substyles, and I have gotten error (see above a few posts) when trying to install it seperately on each style and then run the title_install.php

Thanks :)
sh1ft.org/mb (phpBB)

Emberem
Registered User
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:17 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Emberem » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:21 am

I uninstalled the mod that was interfering with it and it works fine now. thanks a lot for this very cool mod!

Zoombini
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: In front of my PC.

Post by Zoombini » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:30 pm

An excellent mod that I am now just starting to use for some users.
However, how can it be made so that only Admin & Supermoderators group have access to change the title text?

I.E. So the ordinary registered users cannot?

Its really good to be able to identify some users as something special etc, but if they have the ability to change it then they can abuse it & I will end up turning it off.

Thankyou,
Zoombini.
No longer bothering with forums.
Too much hassle.

User avatar
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member
Posts: 9171
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by morpheus2matrix » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:41 pm

Zoombini wrote: However, how can it be made so that only Admin & Supermoderators group have access to change the title text?


Un-done the changes you've made in usercp_register.php and profile_add_body.tpl
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”