[2.0.6] FIND - Forum Integrated News Delivery - Input

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
23%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 150

wakke

Post by wakke » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:58 am

At first sight the problem seems to be fixed by modifying the following line in funtions_insert_post.php:

Code: Select all

$subject = addslashes(unprepare_message(trim($subject)));
into

$subject = addslashes(unprepare_message(trim(htmlspecialchars($subject))));

OhioHedgehog

Post by OhioHedgehog » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:29 am

any possible solutions to the "vanashing table" problem mentioned throughout this thread?

Malleus

Post by Malleus » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:31 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank Netclectic for this great mod. Easy to install and running very smoothly at my board.

I was wondering if one could add custom prefix-tags to the automated newsposts though - since once you stream multiple news sources to a single board it would be convenient to see where the news came from at first glance, without having to read it completely.

Anyone who would know how to do this? That would be really great. :)

Regards,
Malleus

tristatesportbikes

Great Mod

Post by tristatesportbikes » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:16 pm

Great Mod, seemless install using easymod. Thanks for a great addition to my site.

I installed a test of this last night and everything went smoothly. Even got the first round of feeds from 2 different RSS feeds. That was after 10 last night. I added a third and tried updating them this morning and a coupple of times last night and no additions. The page after udating says it is running fine and no erors.

With each running of the update, my posts are not updated and I'm hoping it is only that there aren't any additional updates being it is sunday am and Sat night i did it. Anyone else have feeds that are't updating? The ones i am using are quite specific dealing with sportbikes.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Yes, I have feeds which only update once per month. Then I have others that update continuously on the hour. It all depends on the site. Based on what you stated, it sounds like everything is working perfectly for you...

:lol:

tristatesportbikes

Feeds updating

Post by tristatesportbikes » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:01 am

Yes, I tried updating again tonight and One of the feeds did indeed update, I guess due to the unique nature of my feeds (superbikes and sportbikes) I'm not going to get updates all that often.

Has anyone done any work with outputting to a wireles device like a phone?

r5a

Post by r5a » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:32 am

How can I make this do it automatically every night at midnight?

annab

Post by annab » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:07 am

Great mod!

r5a, you need to set up a cron job. Info is found in the setup file and somewhere early on in this topic.

r5a

Post by r5a » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:59 am

Doh, yeah. I did.

My crontab is to run this command "GET http://www.r5a.org/newsfeeds/news_insert.php > /dev/null" every day at midnight. I get this error when trying to go to the news_insert.php on a diffrent computer besides the server
Warning: main(../../../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 15

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 15

Warning: main(../../../common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 16

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 16

Warning: main(../../../mods/netclectic/find_input/includes/functions_news.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 17

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../mods/netclectic/find_input/includes/functions_news.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_pagestart() in /var/www/r5a.org/public_html/newsfeeds/news_insert.php on line 71

Any ideas?

r5a

Post by r5a » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:13 am

Nevermind guys, I'm an idiot. Thanks for the great mod!

One suggestion, maybe a better way to do automatic updates?

ferfie

Post by ferfie » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:37 am

Hey, im not sure if anyone has posted, there are too many pages to read. Anyway, When my forum was importing the RSS feeds, a lot of times the feed was formatted with HTML and this HTML was being shown in the posts on my forum. I went in and modified the 'includes/functions_news.php' file as follows to take out all html formatting for my forums:

##
## Line Number 215 of file includes/functions_news.php
## Replace     $message = $description;
## with		  $message = strip_tags($description);
## End of Edit.
##
So far this has caused no problems, but it did clean up all of my posts. i am a stickler for clean design.
Chris McIntyre
See Scripts and Mods in action at >> www.shirtsbymail.com

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:22 pm

Can you modify this great mod to work with categories hierachy please? It will not show the forums for inclusion.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm

For those running cron that can't use WGET or GET, try doing this:

/path/to/php/ /path/to/public/html/phpbbroot/mods/netclectic/find_input/news_insert.php
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

OhioHedgehog

Post by OhioHedgehog » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:11 am

problem persists....attempted rerun the SQL to set up the table and STILL getting:
Couldn't obtain newsfeeds list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'kpffl_phpbb1.NEWSFEEDS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT f.forum_name, n.*, c.cat_id, c.cat_title, u.user_id, u.username FROM NEWSFEEDS_TABLE n, phpbb_forums f, phpbb_categories c, phpbb_users u WHERE f.forum_id = n.forum_id AND c.cat_id = f.cat_id AND u.user_id = n.user_id ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC, f.forum_order ASC, n.news_name ASC

Line : 298
File : admin_newsfeeds.php

tia for your help

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:49 pm

Are your tables named with the standard phpbb_xxx? If not, you will need to change the name of the newsfeed table to match the names that you use now...

# 
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# See schemas directory for databases other than mysql
#
CREATE TABLE phpbb_newsfeeds (
      feed_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
      news_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      news_name varchar(60) default NULL,