[2.0.6] FIND - Forum Integrated News Delivery - Input

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
23%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 150

d3rutat

Post by d3rutat »

i figured it myself, i had to enable html code and add other html tags...Thnx :P

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Wow... i love this. works great. but what can i do about yahoo's RSS... it uses an * in thier URL

any suggestions?

thanks.
Last edited by Peter77sx on Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

d3rutat

Post by d3rutat »

use google news instead ;)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Or how about replacing the bbcode with html? so that is uses

Code: Select all

<a href=http://ect ect ect>READ MORE...</a>
I just wouldn't know what or where to edit.

Yeah, I figured I would have to look for another source. thanks.

miels

Post by miels »

I would like the posts to originate from a guest-account. Is there an easy modification of the files to achieve this?

A little background: i'm pulling news from several sources. I'd like every newsitem being posted by the user "newssource-feeder", for example Googlenews-feeder.
Unfortunately the MOD needs existing usernames. So now I'd have to create about 6 users.

The upside of having existing users is searching for all posts of a given feed. So another option would be, in case the MOD doesn't find the given username, a message stating "Create username '...' in the database?" instead of just returning an error. This will save the hassle of signing up all users (and the creation of a unique emailaddress for each of 'm!)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

I turned 3 users who never even botherd to visit since my board opened into RSS bots.

Well found a soultion to my problema... turned the bbcode into html.

case anyone ever needs this info:

In your functions_news.php

Find
$message .= "\n\n" . '' . $lang['News_Read_More'] . '';

and replace with

$message .= "\n\n" . '<a href=' . $link . '>' . $lang['News_Read_More'] . '</a>';

All I did was replace the bbcode with html. your link will be underlined, but im sure there is a fix for that too. for now, this works. :)

beggers

Post by beggers »

d3rutat wrote: i figured it myself, i had to enable html code and add other html tags...Thnx :P

Could you give us the list of tags you added? That would really help a lot. Thanks.

northerncountry

Post by northerncountry »

I have installed the latest vesion of this mod and I am gettin this error.

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_admin_find.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/messageboard/admin/admin_newsfeeds.php on line 33
There is no such file called "lang_admin_find.php" That came with the mod. I am really confused.

northerncountry

OOPS Never mind My bad I found it DUHHHHH!

Vasenklaus

Post by Vasenklaus »

Hi Guys,

I´ve a problem with the URL.
This is what I become using german RSS Feeds, i.e. the URL isn´t shown correctly.

Zwölf Satellitenschüsseln zieren das Haus von Rentner Al Jessup und versorgen ihn mit über 5000 TV-Programmen. Doch das ist dem Amerikaner noch nicht genug.

[/url] 
[url=http://www.n24.de/wirtschaft/multimedia]N24 - Wirtschaft / Multimedia 
N24 - Multimedia und Internet
And this a the corresponding source for the post

Zwölf Satellitenschüsseln zieren das Haus von Rentner Al Jessup und versorgen ihn mit über 5000 TV-Programmen. Doch das ist dem Amerikaner noch nicht genug.

[url=http://www.n24.de/cgi-bin/redir.cgi/rss?/home/?n2005120114562900002][/url]

[url=http://www.n24.de/wirtschaft/multimedia]N24 - Wirtschaft / Multimedia[/url]
[size=9]N24 - Multimedia und Internet[/size]
When I´m going to edit the post and insert a text between the first URL-bbCode everything is shown properly.

I´ve read about this problem before but didn´t get how it can be fixed.
Is it a problem with the german RSS Feeds or has it something to do with the settings in the ACP?

html and bbCode is activated in the ACP and for the user who posts.

Would be nice if someone has an idea how i can get it right...

TIA
Vasenklaus

northerncountry

Why is my news output coming out like this???

<P>New Years Eve 2005! DON’T MISS THE BOAT! Come celebrate New Years Eve with us on The Liberty Belle. This four-story Mississippi style Riverboat will launch from the Navy Cruise terminal, December 31st 2005, and bring you back to Philly on January 1, 2006! The boat boards at 9pm, leaves dock at 10pm, and re-docks at 11:45pm for the fireworks under the Ben Franklin Bridge. Feel free to come and go until 12:45 when we go out again until 1:45am!&nbsp; 3 Dance floors </P> 
<UL> 
<LI>Heated star-gazing decks 
<LI>Fireworks 
<LI>First-class chef 
<LI>Top-shelf open bar 
<LI>Delicious dinner/dessert buffet 
<LI>Champagne toast at midnight 
<LI>Redbull and vodka bar 
<LI>Infused martini bar 
<LI>Shot station with an ice ludge 
<LI>Beer gardens and wine troughs 
<LI>Water bar 
<LI>Mardi Gras themed</LI></UL> 
<P>NOTE: The Liberty Belle will depart from the Navy Cruise Terminal on Broad St in Philadelphia.&nbsp;To get there, enter the Main Gate at the Philadelphia Naval Business Center (PNBC). The Cruise Terminal (Building #3 ) is the last building on the right.</P> 
<P><STRONG>THIS PARTY IS SOLD-OUT</STRONG>. There are no more tickets for the Liberty Belle Boat. However, for another magnificent New Year's Eve cruise, check out the Battleship. Click here for party info and tickets: http://www.newyears.com/party.asp?id=1364</P> 
<P>Frequently Asked Questions:</P> 
<UL> 
<LI>The Riverlink runs from 9-2:30am 
<LI>The capacity of the&nbsp;Liberty Belle is 600. While seating is limited, the focus is on drinking and dancing, rather than a sit-down meal. 
<LI>The party is entirely in the warm indoors -- no need to worry about freezing!</LI></UL> 

Read more... 
I have html and bbcode enabled

Vasenklaus

Post by Vasenklaus »

Do you have html allowed in your ACP?
Perhaps you must add the html-tags in the ACP.

northerncountry

Ok I am really getting flustered now. I have tried the fix a few posts back to fix this url link problem for the "read More" link and it is not working. Am I doing something wrong. This is what I am getting.

[url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/topstories/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051201/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq]Read more...[/url] 

northerncountry

Vasenklaus wrote: Do you have html allowed in your ACP?
Perhaps you must add the html-tags in the ACP.

Yes, I did both. That was the first thing I had tried but I did not fix the problem. :(

northerncountry

Peter77sx wrote: I turned 3 users who never even botherd to visit since my board opened into RSS bots.

Well found a soultion to my problema... turned the bbcode into html.

case anyone ever needs this info:

In your functions_news.php

Find
$message .= "\n\n" . '' . $lang['News_Read_More'] . '';

and replace with

$message .= "\n\n" . '<a href=' . $link . '>' . $lang['News_Read_More'] . '</a>';

All I did was replace the bbcode with html. your link will be underlined, but im sure there is a fix for that too. for now, this works. :)

This did not work for me :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”