[2.0.6] FIND - Forum Integrated News Delivery - Input

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
23%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 150

CyanBlue

Post by CyanBlue » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:53 am

Just a hunch, Adriano Batista...

It sounds like you are missing some template files to copy...

Make sure you upload all the necessary files into the appropriate directories and add additional files for additional styles you have in your forum... ;)

Adriano Batista

Post by Adriano Batista » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:20 pm

CyanBlue wrote: Just a hunch, Adriano Batista...

It sounds like you are missing some template files to copy...

Make sure you upload all the necessary files into the appropriate directories and add additional files for additional styles you have in your forum... ;)

I've doubled and tripled checked to make sure I uploaded and edited all the necessary files. They are all there. Any other possible explanations?

Haywood Jahelpme

Post by Haywood Jahelpme » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:52 am

It doesn't look like you have subSilver installed. Make sure all the .tpl files are in your theme's template directory; usually it's /phpBB2/tempates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME

If those files are there, you should get something. The Newsfeed sources is a list of Newsfeeds, not really any functionality there, just information. It works because it exists outside your template directory: /admin/admin_newsfeed_sources.php.

psychowolfman

Post by psychowolfman » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:18 pm

Hi all. I've got this installed. Everything works quite well except for automatically grabbing newsfeeds.

I'm on Windows XP, Apache with MySQL.

My batch file looks as such:

Code: Select all

D:\php\cli\php.exe -q D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php
And when it is run it gives this:

Code: Select all

D:\website>FIND.bat

D:\website>D:\php\cli\php.exe -q D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netc
lectic\find_input\news_insert.php
PHP Warning:  main(../../../extension.inc) [http://www.php.net/function.main]: f
ailed to create stream: No such file or directory in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\ar
ea51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 15
PHP Warning:  main() [http://www.php.net/function.main]: Failed opening '../../.
./extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.;d:\php\includes') in D:\website\
Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 15

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  phpEx in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb
\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 16
PHP Warning:  main(../../../common.) [http://www.php.net/function.main]: failed
to create stream: No such file or directory in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\p
hpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 16
PHP Warning:  main() [http://www.php.net/function.main]: Failed opening '../../.
./common.' for inclusion (include_path='.;d:\php\includes') in D:\website\Apache
\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 16
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  phpEx in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb
\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 17
PHP Warning:  main(../../../mods/netclectic/find_input/includes/functions_news.)
 [http://www.php.net/function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or di
rectory in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news
_insert.php on line 17
./mods/netclectic/find_input/includes/functions_news.' for inclusion (include_pa
th='.;d:\php\includes') in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic
\find_input\news_insert.php on line 17
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  SERVER_ADDR in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\ph
pbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 22
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  REMOTE_ADDR in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\ph
pbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 22
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  SERVER_ADDR in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\ph
pbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 31
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PAGE_INDEX - assumed 'PAGE_INDEX' in D:\w
ebsite\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on
line 32
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SESSIONS_TABLE - assumed 'SESSIONS_TABLE'
 in D:\website\Apache\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert
.php on line 34
PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function on a non-object in D:\website\Apache
\htdocs\area51\phpbb\mods\netclectic\find_input\news_insert.php on line 35
Anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong here? Thanks!

psychowolfman

Post by psychowolfman » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:00 pm

I solved my problem...

I had to remove the /cli/ from my php directory...Don't know what I was thinking, but now it works.

Excellent tool!!

coulthar4

Post by coulthar4 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:06 pm

my fave mod at the mo
BUT
I cant use any more than 7 rss files....
It always times out
What can I do?

netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:04 pm

coulthar4 wrote: my fave mod at the mo
BUT
I cant use any more than 7 rss files....
It always times out
What can I do?

I assume you're talking about when it's automated?

You can split the rss files into seperate cron jobs, each one can take a parameter to specify a specific feed (or multiple feeds), e.g. ?f=1 or ?f=1,2,3
Defend the game:

Adriano Batista

Post by Adriano Batista » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:01 am

Haywood Jahelpme wrote: It doesn't look like you have subSilver installed. Make sure all the .tpl files are in your theme's template directory; usually it's /phpBB2/tempates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME

If those files are there, you should get something. The Newsfeed sources is a list of Newsfeeds, not really any functionality there, just information. It works because it exists outside your template directory: /admin/admin_newsfeed_sources.php.

I do have a SubSilver installed and I'm still getting a blank white screen when clicking on the "Newsfeed Sources" link. There must be a different problem all together.

Adriano Batista

Post by Adriano Batista » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:49 am

Ok here's something I've also noticed . . .

Before I entered any newsfeeds, I was messing around and hit the "Get News Now!" button and go the following message:

Completed: successfully:
None

Completed: with problems:
None

Which I'm sure is what is expected. However, after adding newsfeeds to the list, once I clicked the "Get News Now!" button, I am only brought to a blank white page (the same thing happens when clicking the "Newsfeed Sources" link in the admin panel). So what gives?

wescravn

RSS NEWS FEEDS PROBLEM

Post by wescravn » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:35 pm

I used this module before. The only problem is this. It creates seperate topics for all the news. And only leaves the title on the message, and a url link.

I would like for the newsfeed to include the text, or is this beyond what rss can do. So what i'm saying is for the newsfeed to create a post that looks like a regular phpbb post with all the information extracted. You can do this manually but it's time consuming.

netclectic
Former Team Member

Re: RSS NEWS FEEDS PROBLEM

Post by netclectic » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:24 pm

wescravn wrote: I used this module before. The only problem is this. It creates seperate topics for all the news. And only leaves the title on the message, and a url link.

I would like for the newsfeed to include the text, or is this beyond what rss can do. So what i'm saying is for the newsfeed to create a post that looks like a regular phpbb post with all the information extracted. You can do this manually but it's time consuming.

The mod only extracts what is present in the feed itself, it's upto you to find a feed which provides more than just a title and a link i'm afraid. Did you try the various sites listed in the newsfeed sources?
Defend the game:

wescravn

Post by wescravn » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:06 pm

what newsfeed sources are u referring to?

netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:08 pm

wescravn wrote: what newsfeed sources are u referring to?

If you look in the admin control panel, you will see an option in the menu for newsfeed sources, where you will find some good resources for newsfeeds.
Defend the game:

DusX

OK, I understand how to install this... BUT

Post by DusX » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:13 pm

I am worried about the fact that I am not using the Template 'subSilver'.
Can anyone tell me if there will be a conflict... or can I get around this by uploading the template files to active Template directory.

thank-you

wanted

Post by wanted » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:40 am

Sorry, I have mistaken, delete my post. :oops:
Last edited by wanted on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”