[2.0.6] FIND - Forum Integrated News Delivery - Input

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
23%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 150

tkaway

Post by tkaway » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:16 pm

Sorry I didnt add that I used easy mod 0.2.1a. I have the "Input Newsfeeds" and "Newsfeed Sources" in my acp. It shows the error when I hit the "Input Newsfeeds"
Couldn't obtain newsfeeds list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'sped.phpbb_newsfeeds' doesn't exist

SELECT f.forum_name, n.*, c.cat_id, c.cat_title, u.user_id, u.username FROM phpbb_newsfeeds n, phpbb_forums f, phpbb_categories c, phpbb_users u WHERE f.forum_id = n.forum_id AND c.cat_id = f.cat_id AND u.user_id = n.user_id ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC, f.forum_order ASC, n.news_name ASC

Line : 298
File : admin_newsfeeds.php

I am using phbb2. I havent thoroughly read your post yet but I will. I will let you know how it turns out.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:27 pm

It looks like you might have mistakenly stopped at Step 1 then after you saw the message "Processing completed successfully!" and never continued to Steps 2 & 3 using the Next Step and Complete Installation buttons. If you had made it that far with EM, the SQL code could have completed and your Newsfeed table would exist, Unless...

If the SQL query is too complex, EM would have told you that it could not perform the query and given you the option of quitting or continuing on. That is when you would manually apply the SQL code to your database before you complete the install...

:lol:

tkaway

Post by tkaway » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:37 pm

Ok I am In the php Dtabase. Are the sql commans located in you download? As you can tell I am new to this. Is it the .bat file. Sorry to be a Newb Here but I know I am near getting this to work and it is not going to whip me.

On the other... What if I unistalled and tried again? If uninstall is better, How do you unistall? Do I just delete the folder in my phbb2/admin/mods.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:47 pm

If you used EasyMod, the code has been correctly added to your board. Apparently EM couldn't apply the SQL code though, so now you need to apply it manually. The SQL code is in the MOD file. This is what it looks like:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# See schemas directory for databases other than mysql
#
CREATE TABLE phpbb_newsfeeds (
      feed_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
      news_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      news_name varchar(60) default NULL,
      news_limit smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      news_active tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
      include_channel tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
      include_image tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
      PRIMARY KEY  (feed_id),
      KEY forum_id (forum_id)
    );
You can paste that in the SQL window and press the Go button. If the table already exists or it can't apply the code for one reason or another, then you will get an error. Based on your error message, it appears that this code wasn't applied successfully by EM though. The important part of the SQL query goes from the CREATE TABLE command all the way to and including the semi-colon...

tkaway

Post by tkaway » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:06 pm

Thanks your code worked. Thanks For your help It works Fine. No Problems so far. I was wondering though. Are the news feeds automated or will I have to the ACP and add a News feed evrytime I want new news?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Once you add all the Newsfeeds that interest you, you can pull them down manually whenever you please or you can set up some Cron jobs to do them for you. On the previous page of this topic, I provided instructions complete with pictures on how to add a Cron job through your CPanel. CPanels differ from host to host, so the instructions I provided may or may not match your situation...

There is a way to run Cron jobs using a special file on the server, but I have never received adequate instructions of how to do it. My way through the CPanel works fine for me, so I haven't bothered looking any further on the alternative method...

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:23 pm

Do you have to do the SQL part for this to work?

I don't have a SQL database setup.

Please advise.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
Thank you :-)
The IT Security Information Center

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:48 pm

The Suite, how did you get your phpBB board to work without a database? If you have a database, then you should have SQL access to it. If you install this MOD using EasyMod, it can apply the SQL code for you. If you plan to do this manually, you will need to manually apply this code to your database:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_newsfeeds (
      feed_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
      news_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      news_name varchar(60) default NULL,
      news_limit smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      news_active tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
      include_channel tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
      include_image tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
      PRIMARY KEY  (feed_id),
      KEY forum_id (forum_id)
    );

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:57 pm

NightRider :-)

My bad, I have a database and my forum is up and running, I was just wonndering if it needed a SQL database only for the MOD or if the MySQL would work just the same. I know people do get them a little confused at times.

I used EasyMOD to install it and it worked so i'm good, thank

The Suite
Much appreciloved,

The Suite

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:15 pm

Good deal. There are many MODs that require SQL modifications and additons to your database. As you discovered, they will always use the database that you use for phpBB...

I'm happy to hear that you used EM. It sure makes modifying your code a whole lot easier. I wish more would use it. It would prevent a lot of the problems that arise...

The Suite

EasyMOD Rox

Post by The Suite » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:28 pm

I was always afraid of doing the MODs to my forum because I didn't want to mess it up but after trying EasyMOD and it worked for the first 2 MODs I added, I can't stop using it, I wish all MODs were created to be EM compatible :-)

Then that'd safe you guys a lot of Q&A ;-)

Thanks for your help in your replies, would you happen to know what isthe latest version of the output newsfeeder MOD?

The Suite
Much appreciloved,

The Suite

NightriderXP

Re: EasyMOD Rox

Post by NightriderXP » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:50 pm

The Suite wrote: I wish all MODs were created to be EM compatible :-)

All of the MODs found in this community are EasyMod compatible. That is part of the requirement to be accepted. MODs found on other sites are beginning to accept the EM "standards" too, so many of them can be run without modification using EM. I usually convert MODs from other sites that don't comply and then I run them through EM. It's really not that difficult...

PhpBB MOD-Database
The Suite wrote: would you happen to know what isthe latest version of the output newsfeeder MOD?

Unless you are referring to this MOD, I have no idea. The latest version for this MOD can be downloaded from the first post on the first page of this topic. You can also go to Netclectic's site @ http://www.netclectic.com ...

Last edited by NightriderXP on Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:54 pm

Nightrider,

Thanks again for the info, i'll stop being a bother now and go play with osme MODs :-)

Yea, the EM makes life so much easier and it just works, what can I say, IT WORKS :-)

Have a great day.

The Suite
Much appreciloved,

The Suite

bluecubbies4me

Post by bluecubbies4me » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:36 pm

The cron job option is not work

I get this message in my email

/bin/sh: line 1: GET: command not found

My cron input is