[2.0.6] Stop Post Count From Increasing

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
18%
Good
6%
Fair
6%
Poor
20%

Total votes: 50

FoulFoot

Post by FoulFoot »

That doesn't always work -- the forums are numbered in the order you create them, and are not re-numbered if you change the order.

Go into the ACP, go to Forum Management, and hover your mouse over each of your forum titles. In your browser's status bar, at the bottom, it'll show you the URL of your forum, such as:

http://www.yourwebsite.com/phpBB2/viewf ... 164e021464

After the "viewforum.php?" bit is "f="; the number after that is your forum ID. In this case, "3".

Foul
XFile_2708

Post by XFile_2708 »

Hi all,

Newbie user here - just tried to install this mod for the 1st time...

Have edited the relevant files and ran the install but it fails with:

Running :: INSERT INTO phpbb_config VALUES ('no_post_count_forum_id', '') -> FAILED ---> Duplicate entry 'no_post_count_forum_id' for key 1

COMPLETE!
Some of the querys have failed.
Please consult the support topic on www.phpbb.com for some help.

Any ideas please? :)

Thanks... Marcus

edit: have now read the 1st 17 pages of this thread :) and realise that the error is nothing to worry about. It just indicates that I've ran the install.php file twice.

However I'm still unable to see the option for this under the admin panel, configuration... I don't see anything that says 'user and forum settings'...

I am running version 2.0.18...
XFile_2708

Post by XFile_2708 »

Managed to resolve it myself - for some reason I edited the ftp'd files on the server earlier... Have edited the necessary files offline - re ftp'd them and now see the option for no post count without problems :)

Got there in the end... 1st mod = +4hrs as opposed to <5mins :D
XeekKCnook

Post by XeekKCnook »

Stupid question.. How do I accest the mod_install.php in my webbrowser.. be very specific please
Zothos

Post by Zothos »

phpbb 2.0.19 compatible?
Kiwietje

Post by Kiwietje »

Not the topic move, i'm working on a new version :)
Finn

Post by Finn »

Running :: INSERT INTO phpbb_config VALUES ('no_post_count_forum_id', '') -> FAILED ---> Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

COMPLETE!
Some of the querys have failed.
Please consult the support topic on www.phpbb.com for some help.

can anyone help me?? I have phpBB 2.0.18
adicrst

Post by adicrst »

fateorfantasy wrote:
epolady wrote:How is this MOD different from this?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138032

This mod has:
  1. If someone posts in a specific forum, post count does not go up?
  2. If that previous post is deleted, his/her post count does not go down?
  3. If a topic in the no-post-count forum is moved to a post-count-forum, all people get the credit (ie: post count goes up for all people who have posted in that topic)?
  4. If a topic in a post-count forum is moved to the no-post-count-forum, all people lose the credit (ie: post count goes down for all people who have posted in that topic)?
and most of the differences are addressed on this page: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=20

1)What happens if i do a full backup of the database...without the mod that backs up installed mods, and the i restore the database on a new forum where this mod isn't istalled?...will the posts number for members that posted in a restricted forum go up?
2) will me database be damaged if i restore it on a forum that doesn't use this MOD?
cagatayh

Post by cagatayh »

Please help.
I make this mod.
And is working perfect.

But when I delete the one message, the user's post is -1
I want to make:, if I delete the user's message in off topic, It is not change,same topic is
The Pelican
Location: Home is where the heart is (which happens to be in the Netherlands)

Repeating that I am no longer supporting the MOD

Post by The Pelican »

To all of you who were to lazy to read the first page of this topic, please read this post:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 818#852818

For those of you who are looking for a MOD with the same functionality:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138032
blacklancer wrote: anyone know if you can stop post count in a specific thread instead of a whole section??
Not with this MOD.
y0y0 wrote: Did The Pelican update his MOD? Because it's very old :?
No and he won't, as stated on the first page of this topic.
HipHopBoard wrote: Can someone make this work with CH 2.1.4 ?
Someone will, probably. But it's a waste of time: This function will be default in phpBB 3.0
Finn wrote: ...
What about reading this topic? Start at the top of page 17 and you will find your answer in a few posts ;)
Sinister McDaddy wrote: ...
Same problem, now answered on this page.

adicrst wrote: will the posts number for members that posted in a restricted forum go up?
No.
FoulFoot wrote: If the mod author does reply, it'll simply be to tell you that it's not his responsibility to fix it, that he doesn't have the time or the inclination, and that you should be happy with the mod in its current state.
If you had read the first page of this topic, you would have known what I told ;)
FoulFoot wrote: Lastly, the reason I have absolutely no patience for this particular thread is that the mod author has made several lengthy posts here, all of which are extremely unhelpful and rude. I suggest you read the last six pages or so to get a sense of what I'm talking about, and then perhaps decide whether this is an author worth defending.
Thank you for your kindness.
If you go six pages back, you will notice those posts are between April 8th 2004 and now. I clearly stated one page one of this topic that I have stoped giving support to this mod on April 8th 2004. But we all did already know your sweet opinion, since it is mention on page 11 ;)
I never asked for being defended, but I don't share the feeling that you ever did.
For the "unhelpful" part: Thanks, but a lot of people did find it very helpfull what I posted, which kept me going for 24k posts.

For those of you who are planning to use it with 2.0.19:
It works for a part. The part that does not work is the movind topics between forums an recalculating postcount (as was already mentioned a few times by me and various other people).

Just to be clear: I am not planning to give any support for this MOD.
For your idea: The last phpBB I installed was 2.0.6
The Pelican :)
Knowledge Base || No PM support and no MSN or E-mail support || Asking Questions The Smart Way (and use the template)
pandaking

Post by pandaking »

Just installed this and a couple of problems.

Firstly, in my configuration settings, where I say which forums to not increase post count on...well there are two boxes!

Also, when I try to post now I get this error:

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error in /vhost/vhost2/s/o/u/soundatlas.co.uk/www/forum/includes/functions_post.php on line 487

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: generate_smilies() in /vhost/vhost2/s/o/u/soundatlas.co.uk/www/forum/posting.php on line 952
pandaking

Post by pandaking »

Well I replaced the file: "includes/functions_post.php" with an unmodified version and no errors, still got two option fields though.

Any idea where I went wrong with the editing. As I am using an unmodified version, I still have post incrementing...
alex007152

Post by alex007152 »

i used Easymod to install this MOD, and i get the following error:

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [modcp.php] could not find:

if ( $confirm )
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_search.'.$phpEx);
$topics = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['topic_id_list']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['topic_id_list'] : array($topic_id); 
wich is absolutely true. This mods simply doesn't work.
The Pelican
Location: Home is where the heart is (which happens to be in the Netherlands)

Post by The Pelican »

EasyMod worked for version 2.0.6 of phpBB. That's the version this mod was publiced for. So if you get an error with EasyMod, than that's perfectly possible, but it does not say anything about this Mod working or not.

It's might sound old-school, but I suggest making the changes by hand. Since other people confirmed this Mod does work for 2.0.19, I suggest to try again if the Mod fails to work in your situation and/or read this topic.
The Pelican :)
Knowledge Base || No PM support and no MSN or E-mail support || Asking Questions The Smart Way (and use the template)
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

There is an issue with this mod for 2.0.20.

Although it works as it should and keeps a users post count from going up in they post in a certain forum..

If you delete a post in that forum, the post count will DROP.

Ie if you have 50 posts.. and make 20 posts in a forum with the post count stopped. Your count will stay at 50.. but if that threat/posts are deleted.. your post count would drop to 30.

This could lead to issues with post counts getting screwed up unless you have the Resync Post counts mod.

Is there away to fix this issue?
Last edited by Saeru on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”