[2.0.6] Resync User Post Counts

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
12%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
8%

Total votes: 25

tomlevens

Post by tomlevens » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:04 am

R45 wrote: Yes, you can do that by only selecting those two forums to resync the post count by. To do this, use the advanced mode, example here - http://phpbb.rasadam.com/demo.php?id=2&mode=advanced

Great, thanks :D
Last edited by tomlevens on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gfmorris

Post by gfmorris » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:31 pm

For all you EasyMOD folks ... don't even bother. All the MOD requires is uploading files. :D

GFM
--
Geof F. Morris

Bootilicus

Post by Bootilicus » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Very helpful MOD. About a month back my members kept informing me that their post counts were not correct throughout the forum. Since the post counts are now able to be adjusted after deletion of topic and/or posts, this was helpful for me to get my members off my back.

Thanks so much! You're a life saver!

Haldo

Slovak translation

Post by Haldo » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:51 am

OK, I created a slovak translation. Regard it like beta because I don't know what exectly is the Batch mode doing, so the translation can be wrong.

Code: Select all

<?php
/***************************************************************************
 *                            lang_pcount_resync.php [English]
 *                              -------------------
*     begin                : Fri Sep 06 2002 
*     copyright            : (C) 2002 Adam Alkins 
*     email                : phpbb@rasadam.com 
*     $Id: lang_pcount_resync.php,v 1.5 2003/07/12 15:48:42 rasadam Exp $: 
*                slovak translation by Haldo --- haldo@pobox.sk
*                      neni to boh ví čo ale aspoň niečo
*                 vítam všetky zmeny prip nové verzie prekladu
 ****************************************************************************/

/***************************************************************************
 *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *   (at your option) any later version.
 ***************************************************************************/

$lang['Resync_page_title'] = 'Resynchronizuj príspevky užívateľov';
$lang['Resync_page_desc_simple'] = 'Stlačením "Resynchronizuj" môžeš prerátať počet všetkých príspevkov na správnu úroveň spočítaním skutočného počtu príspevkov vo fóre.<br /><br />V Dávkovom móde môžeš resynchronizovať účty postupne, čo je užitočné hlavne na väčších fórach. Dávkový mód tiež poskytuje postupnú aktualizáciu počas resynchronizácie. Ak je skript umre skôr ako skončil (nedostatok pamäte alebo timeout), môžeš pokračovať od toho miesta ďalej zadanim dávkového čísla (nechaj prázdne na začatie od začiatku). Resync na dávku udáva počet resyncov počas jednej Dávky. Ak je dávka zapnutá a nenastaví sa hodnota, vykoná sa defaultne 50 krát na dávku.<br /><br />Ak chceš resynchronizovať iba niektoré fórum alebo užívateľa, použi prosím Rozšírený režim.';
$lang['Resync_page_desc_adv'] = 'Môžeš si vybrať ktoré fórum alebo užívateľa chceš resynchronizovať v definovaných fórach. Stlač Resynchronizuj na resynchronizovanie počtu príspevkov podľa zadanách kritérií.<br /><br />V Dávkovom móde môžeš resynchronizovať účty postupne, čo je užitočné hlavne na väčších fórach. Dávkový mód tiež poskytuje postupnú aktualizáciu počas resynchronizácie. Ak je skript umre skôr ako skončil (nedostatok pamäte alebo timeout), môžeš pokračovať od toho miesta ďalej zadanim dávkového čísla (nechaj prázdne na začatie od začiatku). Resync na dávku udáva počet resyncov počas jednej Dávky. Ak je dávka zapnutá a nenastaví sa hodnota, vykoná sa defaultne 50 krát na dávku.';

$lang['Resync_batch_mode'] = 'Dávkový mód';
$lang['Resync_batch_number'] = 'Číslo Dávky';
$lang['Resync_batch_amount'] = 'Resyncov na Dávku';
$lang['Resync_finished'] = 'Ukončené';

$lang['Resync_completed'] = 'Resynchrizácia úspešne dokončená';

$lang['Resync_question'] = 'Resynchronizovať?';

$lang['Resync_check_all'] = 'Zaškrtni na resync všetkých užívateľov:';

$lang['Resync_do'] = 'Resynchronizuj';

$lang['Resync_redirect'] = '<br /><br />Návrat na <a href="%s">Resynchronizuj príspevky užívateľov</a>.<br /><br />Návrat na <a href="%s">obsah administrácie</a>.';
$lang['Resync_invalid'] = 'Zlé nastavenie - Žiadny užívateľ na resync';

?>
Because the future is now
My other space ship is Red Dwarf

shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:09 am

will user cash (or user point) decrease accordingly?

R45

Post by R45 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:14 am

I have no clue to how the cash point mod works. You could ask Xore if the points will go down if the user_posts column is updated from outside the regular posting functions.

shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:41 am

I tried it, user_money wont change, but......maybe it's OK.
Thank you, your mod is great.

R45 wrote: I have no clue to how the cash point mod works. You could ask Xore if the points will go down if the user_posts column is updated from outside the regular posting functions.

supernovae

Post by supernovae » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:01 am

mmm, i have the "specific forum post count disable mod" installed which stops users post counts rising if they post in disabled forums. How will the resync affect this? Will it actually rise the post counts becuase it looks at all forums or will it only look at the non post count disabled forums?

R45

Post by R45 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:30 pm

It won't recognise that MOD. However, you can bypass resyncing individual forums by using the Advanced Mode and selecting which forums you want to the post count based on.

supernovae

Post by supernovae » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:23 pm

Ok, thanks for that R45.

::supernovae

afx114

Spellcheck

Post by afx114 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:14 pm

Found a bug, errr... typo:
You can Press the resync button to resync all the post counts to their true figure by recounting the amound of actual posts they made.

"amound" should be "amount"

:)

richard_5421

Post by richard_5421 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:03 pm

I have added this mod all working I think not tried it yet but in my options, a member
had another username on my board is it possible to transfer his/her posts to the
username thats in use now, using this mod :)

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:27 pm

richard_5421 wrote: I have added this mod all working I think not tried it yet but in my options, a member
had another username on my board is it possible to transfer his/her posts to the
username thats in use now, using this mod :)

I am a amatuer at this. So, I know that this may sound like a stupid question by I have to ask.

Does this mod control whatever number of posts the administrator want? Such like the administrator can add onto a person who's points are gone? Or is this just only for the cause of pruning?

If this mod does change number of posts according to whatever the administrator sees best or want, can someone show me how to work this mod? Maybe there is a tutorial?

If anyone knows, I like to get a mod that gives the administrator authority to give whatever number of postings to any member.

Nautilus_Xtrem!!

Post by Nautilus_Xtrem!! » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:12 am

I too would like to know exactly what this does, i downloaded your pruning mod but it's not exactly what I want or need. Maybe if I just discribe what I need then you guys can tell me if this or someother mod is what I need. I have ranks set up and some are fairly high in post count. We like to keep our forums, which are small, clean and tidy, so that means we delete old and useless posts all the time. But at the same time we don't delete whole groups of posts too often so the pruning mod seems like bringing a howitzer to a knife fight. But on the other hand if we just delete single posts post counts decrease which is what we don't want. Someone let me know what I need please.

techwolf

Post by techwolf » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:38 am

Copied the files as the instructions say. I chowned them to the correct owner. When I click on the link in the Admin tool, I get:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

phpBB 2.0.8a
Comments?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”