[2.0.6] Automatic Moderator Rank

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
47%
Very Good
20%
Good
23%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 30

AmericanGal

Post by AmericanGal »

Does anyone know if this mod works with version 2.0.13? I had it on my forum with version 2.0.8 and it worked like a charm, but now that I've upgraded it's stopped working. I've checked and double checked the code, and I've ensured that the moderators aren't set to have a special rank, but it still won't work. It doesn't show any errors or anything, it just... doesn't work!
Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated! thanks! :D
-AmericanGal

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Have you tried making the Moderator rank a special rank. I believe that was required by the mod.

fanmail

Post by fanmail »

I'm getting a parse error... unexpected T_ELSE on line 947 :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

tosspot

Post by tosspot »

You probably made a mistake in applying the mod. Go to your backup files, test it without the mod, then apply the mod, carefully reading the instructions.

Mark

fanmail

Post by fanmail »

Hi again Mark,

Thanks, it works now!

Fanmail :)

theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Any updates on this mod?

aeryk

Change Rank problem

Post by aeryk »

I installed this mod and attempted to change the rank for the moderators to "no special rank". However, I seem to have an error somewhere in my code (elsewhere) being that it will not allow me to change their ranks. After I make the change and go back to check it, it's back at Moderator rank. Where can I fix this? I'd love to make this mod work.

Kirsty1

Post by Kirsty1 »

I have installed this, and had no errors, but it's not working. Not getting any error messages, just not working. if the person posts where they ARE a mod, they don't get moderator next to their name, if they post where they AREN'T a mod, they don't get it either (so i guess you could say that bit is working ;)) - What code shall i give you to help fix it?

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by bonelifer »

aeryk the rank must be set to special rank in order for it to work.

Kirsty1 have you made a rank called "Moderator" without the quotes in the ACP? It should be set to a Special Rank else it will not work.

Here's the SQL needed if you want to do it via phpmyadmin:
INSERT INTO `phpbb_ranks` VALUES (2, 'Moderator', -1, 1, '');

The above SQL assume you only have the default Site Admin rank at this time. adjust the number 2 according to how many you have ie if you currently have 5 ranks before adding the Moderator rank, then:
the value would be 5+1=6.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Kirsty1

Post by Kirsty1 »

bonelifer wrote: Kirsty1 have you made a rank called "Moderator" without the quotes in the ACP? It should be set to a Special Rank else it will not work.

Here's the SQL needed if you want to do it via phpmyadmin:
INSERT INTO `phpbb_ranks` VALUES (2, 'Moderator', -1, 1, '');

The above SQL assume you only have the default Site Admin rank at this time. adjust the number 2 according to how many you have ie if you currently have 5 ranks before adding the Moderator rank, then:
the value would be 5+1=6.
I have checked this in phpmyadmin, and it is correct (it is actually number 3, but otherwise it's all as above), what else could be the problem?

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by bonelifer »

Are you sure the rank is spelt correctly? Are you sure you made it a "SPECIAL RANK"? If these were done right then try removing the mod and reapplying it.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Kirsty1

Post by Kirsty1 »

The rank is spelt correctly, and it is a special rank, i have un-installed and reinstalled and still no luck.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Kirsty, I've just installed this on someone's 2.0.18 board and it doesn't work there either. They use Mod Squad instead of Moderator, but I have changed it to Mod Squad in the code where suggested by the Notes and it still doesn't seem to work for them...

What I'm wondering, how should the settings be in the ACP? Should the member be assigned the special rank, then only assigned to moderate specific forums or should they have no special rank in their User record, but have them assigned to moderate specific forums???

Kirsty1

Post by Kirsty1 »

Nightrider, interestingly enough i just reinstalled this and it works perfectly now :?
I have a special rank called Moderator, but no one is assigned to it. When they post in a forum they aren't a moderator, nothing happens, when they post in one where they ARE a Moderator, it attaches the rank name :)

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

So what changed between installs???

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”