[2.0.7] Printer-friendly topic mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
45%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
8%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 106

transitbus

Post by transitbus » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:17 am

This mod does not work with non subsilver templates. I use fionefourocean and after installing the mod and clicking to print the page text size is microscopic and useless. Thankfully I back up my files before I finalize anything. I suggest this should go back to beta testing I don't think it is done.
Thanks for proving my point...

Running -> Windows 2003 Standard sp1 :: MS-Sql Server 2000 sp4 :: IIS 6 :: php 4.4.0 isapi mode :: phpbb 2.0.16 <-

Rufnex

Post by Rufnex » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:27 am

you have to include the new template and images in each new template-set.

CyanBlue

Post by CyanBlue » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:38 pm

transitbus wrote: This mod does not work with non subsilver templates. I use fionefourocean and after installing the mod and clicking to print the page text size is microscopic and useless. Thankfully I back up my files before I finalize anything. I suggest this should go back to beta testing I don't think it is done.
Howdy, transitbus... ;)

I have five styles on my board, Classic, Coldsteel, FiSubSilver, smartBlue and subSilver, and this MOD works perfectly on all of the styles... ;)

I am not remembering if I had problem with this MOD on other styles rather than the subSilver or not since it's been a while I've installed the MOD... But I suggest you take a look at the CSS settings... That might be the one you need to take a look if you are having the fonts on other styles... Just my 2 cents... ;)

transitbus

Post by transitbus » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:58 pm

I see, you use the theme_info.cfg to pull the font face. Some themes do not use this and as such will give this error. You may wish to look into it.
The theme I use for one has:

Code: Select all

$fionefourocean[1]['fontface1'] = "";
$fionefourocean[1]['fontface2'] = "";
$fionefourocean[1]['fontface3'] = "";
$fionefourocean[1]['fontsize1'] = "0";
$fionefourocean[1]['fontsize2'] = "0";
$fionefourocean[1]['fontsize3'] = "0";
So you can see where the problem lies. I would need to hack the includes for the mod to get it to work now as I don't want to mees with the theme info file

Running -> Windows 2003 Standard sp1 :: MS-Sql Server 2000 sp4 :: IIS 6 :: php 4.4.0 isapi mode :: phpbb 2.0.16 <-

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:59 pm

Hello!
transitbus wrote: I see, you use the theme_info.cfg to pull the font face. Some themes do not use this and as such will give this error.

Good point. I will fix that in the next release.
Sorry for inconvenience.

transitbus

Post by transitbus » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:48 pm

no need to appologize :) I look forward to this and may just mod it temporarily for my use till youfind a solution

Zoombini

Post by Zoombini » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:35 am

Does this mod allow the printing of a single message at all?
I think that would be very useful instead of printing out a whole topic.
No longer bothering with forums.
Too much hassle.

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:54 pm

Hello!
Zoombini wrote: Does this mod allow the printing of a single message at all?
I think that would be very useful instead of printing out a whole topic.

Yes it does! In the printable view enter the starting message's number into the first in the top of the page, and -1 for the second field to specify the range. That will print only one message.
Another way to do that is to enter the message number in both fields. That will specify the starting and the ending message to the same value - hence again, only one message will be printed.

CyanBlue

Post by CyanBlue » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:25 pm

Aha... That's nice trick... I though that you cannot do that...

Thanks Svyatozar... ;)

KakenBetaal

Post by KakenBetaal » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:16 pm

Svyatozar wrote: It removes pagination by making number of messages per page very large. I made it look like a roll of conputer paper. Maybe this symbol is better:
:| |:
what do you think?
And the button, I mad it look like tape-recorder so to picture rewind and fast forward. I see the meaning of the button is more obvious...

If that's what it's supposed to do, it doesn't work. Simply takes you to the first page of messages with the default number of messages per page.

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:50 am

KakenBetaal wrote: If that's what it's supposed to do, it doesn't work. Simply takes you to the first page of messages with the default number of messages per page.

This sounds like a bug report. It works on the demo site, I don't know why you say it does not work.
Try this link: http://bbs.inglia.ru/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=100
The principle is simple: it adds a &finish_rel=-10000 to the address line in the browser, which tells the script to place 10000 messages on one page.
Here is the exact link that button generates on that page:
http://bbs.inglia.ru/viewtopic.php?prin ... rel=-10000
If you have different results on your website, please tell me, that means the release version is buggy! Or maybe it clashes with another mod which is also possible.

Have fun!

KakenBetaal

Post by KakenBetaal » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:36 am

Yup, that explains it - the released version is different to the one on your site:

"msgcount=-10000"

is what I extracted at the end of the URL from install.txt where viewtopic.php gets modified. Sorry, I already removed that line from my installation because it was confusing my users, but that is the main difference between the URLs as I remember them.

Zoombini

Post by Zoombini » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:03 pm

Although I have not installed it yet, would it be an idea to once the icon is clicked on, display the thread with tick boxes at the side and then they can be ticked to identify the posts that are to be printed.

With individual/group post printing ability without all the little posts that are just banter.

I shall be installing this soon anyway.
Cheers,
Zoombini
No longer bothering with forums.
Too much hassle.

CyanBlue

Post by CyanBlue » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:05 pm

I think what Zoombini mentioned could be an excellent addon... :)

Scottydog

Post by Scottydog » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:01 pm

i am running 2.0.6, and on subsilver,

i so far have the attachment, and the ranks in memberlist mods uploaded and working fine, i tried to upload the Printer-friendly mod, but when i cheak out a topic to see the posts in it all i get is.
Parse error: parse error in /var/www/scottydog.qc1.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php on line 1245

which is this line here at the end of viewtopic.php the very last line

$template->pparse('body');
if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['printertopic'])) 
{ 
   $gen_simple_header = 1; 
} 

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);

?>
Silvertongue surgested i do this to it
At the very bottom, try changing this code:

$gen_simple_header = 1;
To this:

{ 
   $gen_simple_header = 1; 
}

but i still have the same problem with the last lline which is
?>

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”