[2.0.7] Printer-friendly topic mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
45%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
8%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 106

esommer

Post by esommer » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:26 pm

Has anyone made the Printer Image to go with SubTrail?
-A fellow phpBB User

...and a former TechTV fan before it became G4TechTV. :(

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:07 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.0.7
See first post for Download Link
Eric

Hater

Post by Hater » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:27 am

This is a decent start, but it still seems too complicated for such a simple task.

Also, on my forums, for some reason it doesn't like..

Code: Select all

LIMIT $start, ".(isset($finish) ? ((($finish - $start) > 0) ? ($finish - $start): -$finish): $board_config['posts_per_page']);
It gives me an unexpected T_VARIABLE error and does not display the viewtopic page.. Perhaps I missed something?

Ooo... It's probably because I have the Profile Control Panel installed, and it's passing variables differently!

Let me do some research and get back to this..

imagedude
Name: Kai Ponte

Post by imagedude » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:15 pm

I'm getting the same thing.

I've got phpbb 2.0.6 and installed first the 1.0.6 version. I backed that out and now have the 1.0.7 version. Same error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in C:\projects\fs_v2\forum\viewtopic.php on line 402

I backed it out and tried it again. Any ideas?

My board is running on NT 5.0 with IIS. I have PHPbb 2.0.6 and only a few mods - clock, FIND, favorite topics, latest posts, newssync.

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:50 am

Please, send me more bug reports. I want to figure out if this is an error in the mod, or if this is a incompatibility with other mods that is causing this problem. Please tell me if applicable, does the easy mod complain during the installation?

Please send me your viewtopic.php if you want to my mail box: svyatozar at pochtamt dot ru. I can debug them for you. I will try to find a day to work on mod compatibility issues. Just please send me more info.

Have fun!

Stefani

Printer friendly mod and easy mod

Post by Stefani » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:19 pm

Newbie here who did not back up files. I added the printer friendly mod with easy mod and then added another mod by hand and uploaded the edited files to the site. These must have overwritten the easy mod install for now my printer friendly button is gone.

How do I delete the printer friendly mod and reinstall it? Or make easymod think it was not installed in the first place so I can do it again?

Would you suggest a manual change at this point?

Thank you in advance. (I posted this on easymod forum but no body is home today!)

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:03 pm

Unfortunately, I do not know easymod well. If they don't reply, try installing it by hand. I've done it - it takes 5 minutes if you have a good text editor like Crimson Editor.

Good Luck!

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:15 pm

Thank you for the quick answer. Yes, I was thinking I would do it by hand. I have been getting rather good at it.

Can I pick your brain for some advice? I haven't read this anywhere and I obviously made my mistake and have now learned from it, but I would like to avoid such errors in the future.

I use Dreamweaver to upload files and Fetch to FTP permissions. Mods always say back up files. How extensive should this back up be and how can it be done easily. Do I use Dreamweaver to GET the files and overwrite my local files with the newer ones (in the case of files affected by easy mod)? Or is a simple case of duplicating files in case of a problem so that you can put them back if need be?

When I used easymod, the forum now has files newer than ones on my local list. My problem was I made changes using easymod and then made changes by hand to the same files and uploaded files that overwrote the easy mod files.

Thanks again!

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:19 am

Hello!

You need to find a way to synchronize all changes whether they are done on your local pc or on the online storage.
Stefani wrote: Do I use Dreamweaver to GET the files and overwrite my local files with the newer ones (in the case of files affected by easy mod)? Or is a simple case of duplicating files in case of a problem so that you can put them back if need be?
I don't know any dreamweaver. The EasyMod shows you list of files that the mod being installed will replace. You should back up those files before committing the changes. After the installation you should backup your local copy and download the modified files.
Stefani wrote: When I used easymod, the forum now has files newer than ones on my local list. My problem was I made changes using easymod and then made changes by hand to the same files and uploaded files that overwrote the easy mod files.
You should really acquire the good site-keeping habits of backing up the files you are about to modify. Also, if you create custom design, you must keep track of all files you alter. By doing so you will be able to upgrade phpBB every time new version is released while keeping your design up. You may also need WinMerge for comparing files.

Have fun!

imagedude

Post by imagedude » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:54 pm

Stefani wrote: I use Dreamweaver to upload files and Fetch to FTP permissions. Mods always say back up files. How extensive should this back up be and how can it be done easily. Do I use Dreamweaver to GET the files and overwrite my local files with the newer ones (in the case of files affected by easy mod)? Or is a simple case of duplicating files in case of a problem so that you can put them back if need be?

Simple answer - copy your files to a zip file. That's what I do. I name them with a date format. I also mark all my code with a dated comment.

In my code, I put //kp20031206 - blah mod. For my backups I name them something like projectyymmdd.zip So Filesite today would be fs031206.zip. I also use CVS and VSS to store stuff.

Just my $.02.

K

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:08 am

I am a mac user. Can I use the phpmyadmin to back up? And what do I call the back up? _TABLES_ or _DB_ or something else?

The other programs you both suggest, I think, are PC aps, are they not?

I like the zip idea, but my dumb question of the month is this: how do you copy files ONLINE?

There is a feature in phpbb that says "back up database" and "restore database". Does this do what I should do, back up and restore?

I did find the knowledge base article about using phpmyadmin as a backup. Is is as easy as it makes it sound?

Many thanks again.

imagedude

Post by imagedude » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:44 am

Stefani wrote: I am a mac user. Can I use the phpmyadmin to back up? And what do I call the back up? _TABLES_ or _DB_ or something else?

Yeah, I use phpmyadmin to backup too - I call them FSyymmdd.sql.

Today's backkup is called fs031207.sql. It doesn't matter whether you use Mac or PC - they're the same. (I shouldn't say that - the last Mac I owned was an LC and the one before that was an SE. That was an awesome machine 2MB and System 6.0.7 - bitchin!)

Kai

Jon Reid

Post by Jon Reid » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:09 pm

Great MOD, had to make some template specific alterations, and I used my own button ;) but other than, solid code, nice work. Thanks.
Administrator of Star Trek Online || Moderator of The Admin Zone

Svyatozar

Post by Svyatozar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:45 am

Hello!

Jon Reid: thank you for your warm feedback. I rarely receive such inspiring messages from users of my mods.
Stefani wrote: I am a mac user.

But don't you have a regular ftp client at all? If you can only upload files but cannot download them, then your control over your web site is too limited, In this case you should modify your board only locally and never on the server. Once done modifying you should upload the modified files. And always do backups of the whole directory. Database backups are also useful, especially if your web host does not do regular backups of the database.

Have fun, everybody!

bcs10

Post by bcs10 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:09 pm

great idea.... i like it... i am going to try to install it on my forums... it the mod easyMod compatible...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”