[2.0.6] Per-User Avatar/Sig Disable

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
12%

Total votes: 34

Threatcon

Post by Threatcon » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:40 am

I have 328 mods installed on my board and didn't have that problem. Maybe the problem is not from this mod, but a conflict with a previous mod that was installed incorrectly?? Just an idea :wink:

CyanBlue

Post by CyanBlue » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:15 pm

328 MODs??? I wonder how many are out there available to install... :D

I went to the site and some of those MODs that I could be able to see what they are were nicely integrated to the site... Nice job, Threatcon...
Hope I could see the list of MODs that you have installed though... :)

drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:41 pm

Most be a lot of little ones. I'm not to say MOD's are bad, lots of them I like and use. But I don't install them just cause they're a MOD. But because they'd acctually be useful and fit for my site :P
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )

Rancisis

Post by Rancisis » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:08 pm

Just installed this mod and I realized that there is missing a part in the install file.
I'm no phpBB expert, but the part that's missing should fix the gallery error.
If I'm correct, the mod author forgot to let us know the chanhes to includes/ucercp_avatar.php
Without it, it will only work on forums that don't use the gallery...

kombi

[solved]

Post by kombi » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:05 pm

I'm not getting any errors, but it's not working either...
I can go into profile change Show Avatars in Topic or Show Signatures in Topic, and it still shows signatures in every post...
Any Ideas of what I need to change?

Note my SQL didn't have a 'phpbb_user' file mine is 'new_user'

Problem fixed! Works fine now!

reddem0n

Post by reddem0n » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:08 pm

Just wanted to know, whoever made this mod, is there going to be a fixed and updated version for this mod? It looks by all the threads that there are a lot of problems associated with the installation of this mod as well.

Lo Fi Cat

Post by Lo Fi Cat » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:51 pm

As reported earlier and in these threads:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 108#929108
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Shame, the features are great. Hopefully the author or someone else will fix the bugs and release a new version.

dbcmaster

Re: same here...

Post by dbcmaster » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:53 am

ejaan wrote: I am having the very same exact problem, is there any solutions? Or do I have to uninstall the mod in order to solve this problem?
janjan1 wrote:I love the idea for this mod, it's really useful :)

But I tried to install this mod on my message board the other day. It gave me some problems so I had to remove it.

I really liked the idea for this mod, so I tried to install it a second time but unfortunately, it gave me the same error.

I thought it was because of the other mods I installed previously, so I tried it on a fresh phpbb 2.0.6, but I got the same error.

About the Error:
I have Gallery Avatars enabled, so my avatar had been chosen from the gallery.
When I tried to change my avatar, and I selected an avatar from the gallery and clicked submit, I got this message:

You must fill in the required fields.

I also noticed that the Date Format was changed to "english"

I think I might be doing something wrong during the installation.
Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you for this awesome mod :D

Did you try fixing the sigature problem in admin_users.php??
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$allowsmilies = $this_userdata['user_allowsmile'];
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
$showavatars = $this_userdata['user_showavatars'];
$showsigatures = $this_userdata['user_showsignatures'];

showsigatures should be changed to signatures. See how it's missing the n?

reddem0n

Post by reddem0n » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:25 am

Just wanted to say that I already have it installed but it doesn't even work. I see the options avator/signature show/disable feature but when I try to change the options it doesn't even work. The avator and signatures are still there. Here you go, I created a test account
username: pokemaster
password: togepi

http://www.red-demon.com/forum/

(Please do not spam)

Thank You

Jorram

Post by Jorram » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:56 pm

For the avatar gallery bug, i think thats what can fix it:

----------------------

in usercp_avatar.php find the display_avatar_gallery definition. you should seek for something beginning with:

function display_avatar_gallery($mode,

and then after the $allowsmilies, add

$showavatars, $showsignatures,

it's weird how it worked in the first place and screwed up on the second switching and not right out, since this function call is wrong, it takes two parametres less and shouldnt have worked at all. then again... php..

----------------------------------------------

anyway, hope that helps. it worked for me for a few clicks but perhaps there's more that has to be done to fix the problem

reddem0n

Post by reddem0n » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:32 pm

Jorram wrote: For the avatar gallery bug, i think thats what can fix it:

----------------------

in usercp_avatar.php find the display_avatar_gallery definition. you should seek for something beginning with:

it's weird how it worked in the first place and screwed up on the second switching and not right out, since this function call is wrong, it takes two parametres less and shouldnt have worked at all. then again... php..

----------------------------------------------

anyway, hope that helps. it worked for me for a few clicks but perhaps there's more that has to be done to fix the problem

I tried doing that and then went back to profile and submitted the changes and this is what I got as an error message

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_VARIABLE' in /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:24) in /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:24) in /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:24) in /home/reddem0n/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 482

reddem0n

Post by reddem0n » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:41 pm

I got the above error fixed but the options never seem to work. I set it to so it doesnt show up sigs, but it doesnt change anything and the sigs/avators still show up...

j t

Post by j t » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:39 am

I successfully installed this, after taking into account the various issues which previous posters have mentioned. It should be noted that I installed this by hand.

Looking at the unzipped MOD script:

line 192
- changed $showsigatures to $showsignatures

lines 239,247,268,276
- cosmetic change. Added    to end of line to line up new buttons w/ existing ones.

lines 287 and 299
- needs to be run by hand?? In my templates, at least, I believe it should have been an INLINE FIND, because the text to modify was on a long line of more-or-less html.
- Personally, I found it easiest to "prettify" the template text so I could actually read what was going on in those table-cells.

Made change to display_avatar_gallery() function, listed by Jorram

Code: Select all

Failure to do this appears to mess up the date-format field at least some of the time. Before I made this correction, one user ended up with a date-format of "english" -- most of those letters actually mean something, interestingly enough. :)

Because we have some significant disagreement on the use of avatars, I changed the database default values to be show-avatars "no", and show-signatures "yes" -- this shouldn't make any difference to the rest of the MOD, of course.

It was interesting when I accidentally surrounded the {POST_MESSAGE} with the signature check, instead of the {POST_SIGNATURE} token. When I turned signature-view off, all I saw was the signature -- no message body was there! :D

A repackaged version of the MOD would be nice to see. I think it's very useful.

-- jt --

Brina

Post by Brina » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:33 pm

Winterboy wrote: I tried again as you suggested and everything seems to work now. :) It took me an hour to figure out that these lines:

<!-- BEGIN switch_showsignatures -->
{postrow.SIGNATURE}
<!-- END switch_showsignatures -->

should really be placed under each other in viewtopic_body.tpl. Stupid mistake... :roll:

Same trouble I had... the install notes failed to note that you dont do a straight find and replace for these lines. When actually, you need to delete the find part... begin a new line, adding those 3 lines on lines of their own... else the topic view gets scrambled

Same goes for the {postrow.AVATAR} part

codydyce

Post by codydyce » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:34 pm

hf

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”