[2.0.6] RSS Content Syndicator

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
22%
Good
7%
Fair
3%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 185

diabolic.bg

Post by diabolic.bg »

Excellent mod - very simple and very usefull. Now working in my board with phpbb 2.0.22. :D
Thanks nschindler!
Last edited by diabolic.bg on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ForMod

Post by ForMod »

I obviously haven't read the entire 50 pages here but I just realized that version 2.0.2 of this script which I installed a few years back was actually slowing my site down. I finally figured out how to log slow SQL and got the following in the log repeatedly:

Code: Select all

# Time: 070224 21:45:19
# User@Host: jazz[jazz] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 17  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 15  Rows_examined: 1549097
use jazz;
SELECT f.forum_name, t.topic_title, u.user_id, u.username, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, p.post_id, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, p.post_time, t.topic_replies, t.topic_first_post_id
        FROM phpbb_forums AS f, phpbb_topics AS t, phpbb_users AS u, phpbb_posts AS p, phpbb_posts_text as pt
        WHERE
                t.forum_id = f.forum_id
                        AND f.auth_view = 0
                        AND p.poster_id = u.user_id
                        AND pt.post_id = p.post_id
                        AND p.topic_id = t.topic_id

ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 15;
This is from the rss.php file. I'll search these 50 pages at some point for the v2.0.6 link but does anyone know if this was addressed? Is there an index I need to add?

Thanks!

kauan

Post by kauan »

Hello

Simple and useful mod, exactly what I was looking for, thank you.
It would be nice if it was possible to specify multiple forums (e.g. separated by commas). This code would make it possible, use it if you want to:

Code: Select all

$forum_id = ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['f']) ) ? split(',', $HTTP_GET_VARS['f']) : '';
$forum_id = (is_array($forum_id)) ? array_map('intval', $forum_id) : '';
$sql_forum_where = ( is_array($forum_id) ) ? ' AND f.forum_id IN (' . join(', ', $forum_id) . ') ' : ' ';
Regards,
Jonathan

ClubMed

Post by ClubMed »

Hello,

Does this MOD work together with the forum user permissions i.e. registered members will be able to subscribe to the feed and guests will not?

Thank you.

diabolic.bg

Post by diabolic.bg »

Yes, you have a choice - forum id in rss.php
// Which forum do you want posts from (forum_id)? specified in the url with "f=". Defaults to all (public) forums.

horseleach

fix please?

Post by horseleach »

Anyone have a fix for replacing the   to be a space instead of displaying the entity?

lushboy

Problem Installing Mod

Post by lushboy »

Hi,

I have installed the mod on my site however when I go to view the rss feed (http://www.mysite.com/forum/rss.php) I get the following message displayed..

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Is anyone able to help me with this problem? What has gone wrong? I am using phpBB 2.0.20

Hope you guys can help!

Michel Martin

Re: [2.0.6] RSS Content Syndicator

Post by Michel Martin »

Where can I get this extension?
The link proposed for download seems to be broken.
Thank you for your help.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Michel Martin wrote: Where can I get this extension?
The link proposed for download seems to be broken.
Thank you for your help.

Please read the announcments in this forum, thanks.
Download: http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/RSS_Con ... -2.0.2.zip
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

webmissile

Post by webmissile »

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and to phpBB. I copied all the files in this mod to my phpBB2 setup and assumed that I would then be able to access rss_config.php but couldn't. Still trying to get the hang of MOD's.

I have rss.php working fine and I think topics_anywhere is working OK (I'm not so sure).

Also, I have both phpBB2 and phpBB3B5 running but it seems that there is not too much stuff for phpBB3 yet, since the template format seems to have changed ... Any comments?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dave
http://www.relaxseo.com

webmissile

Post by webmissile »

Funny,

I posted this and received no reply whatsoever. I tried to contact paul via private message for a little help and was promptly warned. Is anyone willing to lend a little advice? Or do I misunderstand the purpose of this board. Could anyone guide my to place where I could get help? That would be swell.

Dave

MichaelM2007

Post by MichaelM2007 »

webmissile wrote: Funny,

I posted this and received no reply whatsoever. I tried to contact paul via private message for a little help and was promptly warned. Is anyone willing to lend a little advice? Or do I misunderstand the purpose of this board. Could anyone guide my to place where I could get help? That would be swell.

Dave

Well, yes, you've missed the point a little. You didn't pay a penny for this, and the people here owe you nothing. It just happens that most of them are great people, so they volunteer to help you. They aren't forced to. :P

Anyways, are you sure that you downloaded the file from this thread? There is no rss_config.php file. :?

webmissile

Post by webmissile »

OK, well, I do understand that.

Anyway, If I'm mistaken I apologize. I know I did download and install this MOD because I do want to syndicate my BBS (I'm also hoping to aggregate other SEO phpBB Forums). With a new website, I've got a lot of balls in the air right now.

I see that there is someone watching the board (I think that's what I was wondering most). I will revisit the Content Syndicator Install and return humbly to this board.

Where would I ask about difficulty with rss.php for phpBB3B5? I cannot seem to make it go. I did notice that I don't have the link 'rel=' in my scrape of the forum page. I've got both BB2 and BB3 running (BB3 in preparation for it's release). I am trying to educate myself as fast as I can. I guess before RSS is "really simple", there are a few things you need to know (and I don't know them yet).

Thank you for your tolerance. I am generally not so misbehaved but the site launch has me a bit weary.

Thank You!
Dave,
CE - PSEM - RELAX SEO Services
http://www.relaxseo.com (/phpBB2)

MichaelM2007

Post by MichaelM2007 »

lol - That's okay. I'm as new here as you. :)

I doubt you will get it to work in phpbb3 though. phpbb3 is completely different to phpbb2, and none of the MODs in here will work in on it. Installing it on phpbb2 isn't a problem though (I installed it tonight, so I can definitely help you with that.)

For it to work on phpbb3, the developer would have to completely recode it, and as the developer is no longer working on this MOD, that just won't happen. Sorry. :( (And I don't know PHP, so I can't help either. :( )

webmissile

Post by webmissile »

Thank You!

Well, I'm learning PHP as I go along. This is what I have so far ... rss.php works great with phpBB2, topics_anywhere is also working fine. My Blog is aggregating SEO Chat, SEOMOZ, and SEO feed (which I think is kinda cool). It also syndicates my phpBB2 forum ... so perhaps I don't need this so bad unless ... I can aggregate other SEO phpBB SEO forums (that would be sweet).

I am on this huge learning curve right now, with Ajax and phpBB and PHP. I haven't done this stuff in a long time. I used to ... back in the 90's and everything has changed - thankfully there is an abundance of code and apps but it takes time to absorb it all.

I did read that phpBB3 has been feature locked since 2003 (or something like that), which I thought was kinda weird.

As I stated before, I will revisit my install and try to remember what the problem was (it's possible that I already fixed it as far as I know).

Just happy to know that there are folks willing to help.

Regards,
Dave,
CE - PSEM - RELAX SEO Services
http://www.relaxseo.com

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”