[2.0.6] RSS Content Syndicator

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
22%
Good
7%
Fair
3%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 185

KyferEz

Re: [2.0.6] RSS Content Syndicator

Post by KyferEz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:04 am

iiaforummaster:
There is some code that checks if the forum permissions for "View" (in advanced mode) are set to "ALL". If so, then the forum content will show up in the rss feed. If you set view for any forum to "REG", PRIVATE, MOD, or ADMIN then RSS Content Syndicator will not show content from those forums.

MOD supporters:
Above is exactly why I was coming here to make a post (go figure). There is a Small bug here. Lets say I have a forum set so that "View" is set to "ALL", but "Read", "Post", "Reply", "Edit", and all the other are set to "PRIVATE". The RSS code WILL display the contents of those forums, as it doesn't check the "Read" permissions. Fortunately I double-checked things, or this could have caused some problems for me. 8-)

Thanks for the excellent code.

KyferEz

PS: Any plans to add a cached output?
TheCarPCStore.com Forums - Get help with your CarPC
Electronics Calculators and other useful data
----------------
Kill Spammers - Spam Fighter's Forums <-- DDoSed by spammers from Aug 27, 07 to Sept 10, 07

Keno2113

Post by Keno2113 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:18 pm

I have installed this mod and things seem to work fine. I just have a couple of questions.

I am new to using RSS and I noticed that when I visit this site and others with feeds available, the View Feeds icon on my IE7 browser indicates there are feeds available by turning from gray to orange. When I go to the forum on my site that I have just installed this mod on, the icon does not change to indicate any feeds available. What am I missing?

This one may be more of a phpbb question than a mod question but, I have the RSS mod on my phpbb configured where when you go to a forum page there is a RSS button there that you can click to view and subscribe to that forum RSS by using ?f={FORUM_ID} in the link URL. This works great but when you click Subscribe, the name is just the name of the board and not the forum. I want to add the name of the forum they are subscribing to to the end of the {BOARD_TITLE} in the rss_body.tpl title tag by adding something like {FORUM_NAME}. I know the forum name is added into the body with the {post_item.FORUM_NAME} but have been unable to get this or similar attempts to work. The end result would be a subscribed feed name of "Board Name :: Forum Name".

Could someone please help me with these questions? Thanks.

Oh, I also noticed the "Sort by Date" is not working on mine.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

joe_postscript

Post by joe_postscript » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:32 pm

Hello,

I have been using this mod for awhile with great success. I have been getting an error though when I check the feed validation at: http://feedvalidator.org/

Here's the error i am getting. I started looking into this because I noticed that several places will NOT seem to pick up the feed, like feedburner. Here's the error, I am wondering how is best way to address this problem??

Recommendations

This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

Your feed appears to be encoded as "iso-8859-1", but your server is reporting "US-ASCII" [help]

I Click On Help, it says...

Message = Your feed appears to be encoded as “this”, but your server is reporting “that”

Explanation = The XML appears to be using one encoding, but the HTTP headers from the web server indicate a different charset.

SO HOW DO I ADDRESS THIS, ANY IDEAS??? I searched the .php AND the .tpl files but can't clearly see where to edit anything to clear this up?
See My Home Wind Turbine Videos!
Prepress Forums - Graphic Design & Prepress Forum for Printing Industry
Corvette Forums - Corvette Owners, Mechanics, & Enthusiasts Community

joeydee

Post by joeydee » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:23 am

Hey Folks.

Quick question... I switched from phpbb 2.22 to IPB forum 2.3.3 and I was wondering if there was a conversion for this rss feed for the ipb forum? The reason that I ask this is because my feed has been submitted to many rss feeders. let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks (I sure do miss the support on this forum, people are must more helpful & reliable)

-Joey

gd106

Post by gd106 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:35 pm

I wish there was somethingl ike this f or phpbb3

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”