[2.0.15] Latest active topics on index

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
54%
Very Good
28%
Good
10%
Fair
5%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 147

pdange12

Post by pdange12 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:06 pm

quentin wrote: nice mod, and easy to adapt so that the topics are displayed on other pages than just the index.
Unfortunately, it's an intranet forum, so there's no external access.

hey cool another intranet phpbb :) (we use it too in my company).

Quentin

Ok how exactly do you add this to the other pages?

qik

Admin Panel area for how many active posts is BLANK

Post by qik » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 pm

Slight problem: the admin area that you set the number of active posts is totally blank--the line regarding the active posts is blank. I AM able to set the number of active posts. And it works.

The rest of the admin panel works just fine and is unaffected. I just can't seem to see the "lables" for for setting the active posts.

Is there a solution for this? :oops:

Thanks,
qik

fafuk

Post by fafuk » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:08 pm

Hi

I am a newbie

I have tried to install this and failed :cry: Is anyone willing to do it for me? I will pay you if it is a reasonable amount.

Thank you :)

fafuk

fafuk

Post by fafuk » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:46 pm

I have been thinking about this and the reason may be that I have the latest version of phpBB and it doesnt work on it? I would be grateful if someone could let me know.

many thanks

fafuk

MervynG

Post by MervynG » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:58 pm

Hi fafuk,

I am also new to this stuff. I am sorry that I can't be of much help but if
you follow the instructions one at a time I am sure that you will be able
to make it work.

I installed it a few weeks ago and it works fine for me and it is on 2.0.11
Take it one step at a time. Sometime you may get conficts with your
other mods. If you get errors after installing it, post the message on the
forum on the appropriate topic and someone with some experience will
try to help you solve the problem

Regards,
Mervyn

fafuk

Post by fafuk » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:41 pm

Hi Mervin

Thanks for your response. I have acutally installed this about a year ago on one of my other forums. I dont have any mods and I have taken my time step by step but for some reason it gives me an error. I replace all the files but what i will do is put them back again and come back here snd state the erro and maybe someone would be able to advise me what the problem is?

Many thanks

fafuk

fafuk

Post by fafuk » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:08 pm

I seem to have an sql error maybe thats the problem it says

Code: Select all

MySQL said:  

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'config_name, config_value ) VALUES ('topics_on_index', '10')' a 
and this one

MySQL said:  

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'topics_on_index' for key 1 

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 682
I havent got a clue what this is about though because I have never done this before.
Can anyone help me?

fafuk

Post by fafuk » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:15 pm

I have just tried with a site at php hacks for the sql as mentioned in an earlier post and I got this message. I thought I had better post this as it may be of help?

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 23

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 23

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 23

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 24

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 24

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 24

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/freeadve/public_html/db_update.php on line 29
I will be grateful for any help or advice.

Many thanks

fufuk

fafuk

Post by fafuk » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:24 pm

not to worry guys i have doen it

thanks for ALL your help :wink:

chali

Post by chali » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:38 am

beery wrote: i used this mod on phpbb 2.0.6 it work fine. but i want it to have a view latest post link . how can i edit?

Thanks.

I'm looking for this too, any help?
thanks

greatness

Post by greatness » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:35 pm

Am I right in thinking this mod is dead now... it probably doesnt work on phpbb v 12 ?

No one has answered this post in months ... perhaps there is another one?

ddhblt

Post by ddhblt » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:43 pm

greatness

I have used the following: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=105449 for almost 2 years now and it has always worked flawlessly.

I use 2.0.11, so I can't answer your question on v12. Try it and good luck.

zparta

Post by zparta » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:04 am

i have uploaded a new version to the moddb they just need to validate it and such

this version has an auth fix so they only can get topics of forums they actualy can read

this version is also tested with a FRESH install of phpBB 2.0.13

and the reason i haven't asnweard is because i forgot about this since i havent used phpBB myself lately haven't had any board at all up an running

gracetoday

Previous version

Post by gracetoday » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:06 pm

Any chance I can still get the previous (as for 2.0.11) version? I'm not ready to upgrade our phpbb. (Too many mods installed. I'll do a fresh install elsewhere, mod it as I want, then cutover in an instant.) But two development lines going -- we want to install your mod in the existing forum as soon as we can.

Thanks

zparta

Post by zparta » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:00 pm

since this is the same version that works on 2.0.8 i would think that it works for 2.0.11 aswell

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”