[2.0.15] Latest active topics on index

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
54%
Very Good
28%
Good
10%
Fair
5%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 147

littlepaws

Post by littlepaws »

how do you stop scrolling marque and just have list?
www.littlepawsdogtraining.com
website for dog lovers

www.tottenhamhotspursforum.co.uk
Football Fans forum

www.xbox360fanzone.com
Xbox 360 Forum
macrosky

Post by macrosky »

I instll this MOD, it works! :lol:

Since I install another language on my forum, how can I change the characters "Last 10 active topics" into that language?

finally, the active topics is scrolling, can I just make a static one?

Thanks a lot
cool

Post by cool »

Could someone advise on why I get following notification that can be hanging for hours; the mentioned 5 sec are endless

---_Quote_-----

Downloading latest_topic_on_index_1-1-9.zip in 5 seconds...

Close Window

-----_End of Quote_------
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

unimatrixzer0 wrote: Question, is there any way to remove or make the gap smaller between the end and beginning of the scrolling? Like when its done scrolling past the 10 most recent posts you just get a blank background until it restarts over again. Anyway to make that smaller or remove it altogether?

Edit this line in Index_body.tpl

<marquee id="recent_topics" behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="100"
to
<marquee id="recent_topics" behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="30"

This gives a smaller table height where only 1 line at a time is displayed and the gap between last scrolling entry and first is very small.
increase the 30 to a higher number to get a larger table height with more lines on display - and of course a longer delay between the last topic and the first.
Steve J
Roks

Post by Roks »

Thanks for the MOD.
pakpoint

Post by pakpoint »

Dear members/Experts

I have installed last active topic mod

How I can display this MOD on top of my index page rather than on the bottom
Get your ASP, PHP, Frontpage webhosting with many features, Best for phpBB, Free Trial, No money required.
http://www.pakpoint.net
atlantisuk

SQL Changes

Post by atlantisuk »

Hi,

My SQL is not that good proberly why I am having trouble with the following :D

#-----[ SQL ]---------------------------------
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config ( config_name, config_value ) VALUES ('topics_on_index', '10');

Coud someone explain what I have to do here, sorry if its really simple, but as I said I am very new at SQL :D

Also if the 10 is changed to say 30 would that display the last 30 topics :D

Thanks Again
stevenchoon

Post by stevenchoon »

me to have the noob question, where did we need to put the

INSERT INTO phpbb_config ( config_name, config_value ) VALUES ('topics_on_index', '10');

that i found in the zip file (note pad) thanks :D

coz i had add all, but din show the last 10 active topic, and it show in my bottom page, any1 can help? thanks a lot..

http://travel.110mb.com
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

pakpoint wrote: Dear members/Experts

I have installed last active topic mod

How I can display this MOD on top of my index page rather than on the bottom

It is on the previous page of this thread!
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 04#2546604
Steve J
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

Further tweak added to my earlier post putting many of the mods to the mod in one place. I have included another earlier post to show the Category and Forum titles on separate lines:
Steve J
Methyus

Post by Methyus »

Does this mod just add the marquee to the index page of your forum or can it be added to other pages (HTML pages) throughout my website and if so, how?

From what I can tell from skimming through the installation file, it just adds it to the index page of your forum itself. If this is so, can anyone tell me where to find a script that would allow me to add a scrolling last forum posts in the navigation columns of my main website's pages?

EDIT: I would like to go ahead and add this mod to my forum, but I can't make any sense of the first line in the installation file, which reads:
#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#

#

I've see several others here with the same problem, but I can't find where anyone ever gave a straight answer. Everybone's answer to this is:
Its an SQL statement, you need to enter it into phpMyAdmin.

Alright, but WHAT do you enter into phpMyAdmin and HOW do you "enter" it?

Thanks in advance!

- Aedryan
Last edited by Methyus on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seventrees

Post by seventrees »

Serious newbie here!

I have tried doing this mod 2x. Each time after I make the changes, board goes blank, all white, and while I can see the URL... nothing shows on screen.

According to phpbb administration I am running the latest version of program. Any ideas what I am doing wrong??
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

I placed it into the admin/mods directory and let 'EasyMod' install it for me. Worked like a dream, one of the easiest mods I have installed so far.

I then had to do some manual tweaks as set out in my post on page 49 so that it appears at the top of the page rather than the bottom, plus a couple of other tweaks to add the topic, category and latest post.
The final manual change I made was to the height of the table so that there wasn't such a large blank gap after the last post disappears off screen before the first one re-appears.

Only thing I haven't yet achieved is how to get the Image symbol to appear on the line. Thats just window dressing though as it has no effect on the actual working of the mod.
Steve J
Methyus

Marquee Height Is WAAAY Too Large!

Post by Methyus »

I went ahead and installed this mod, using EasyMod and it installed fine, except for one thing.... The marquee is ENORMOUS! The width is fine, but the height is WAAAAY to large. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,
Aedryan
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

Steve J

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”