[2.0.15] Latest active topics on index

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
54%
Very Good
28%
Good
10%
Fair
5%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 147

dennistt

Post by dennistt » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:26 am

Help! I installed a few MODs after installing this one, and now my marquee doesn't show anything. I don't know why

www.dennistt.exaltedhosting.com/forum

commandojnr

Post by commandojnr » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:35 am

I found the same thing with a similar mod. Did you install the category heirachy mod? That's what broke a similar mod for me. If so I can tell you a workaround.

xxsherunsawayxx

Re: Edit SQL using PHP

Post by xxsherunsawayxx » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:29 am

inkey wrote: I'm new here.
To edit the SQL tables I found this. It worked great and there was a message saying my database had succesfully been updated.

Awesome! Thank you for suggesting that site. Another question. When it generates the file it says install and access it. How exactly do I do that. I just don't want to screw it up! =) Does that mean access the site?

--Lissi

inkey

Edit SQL using PHP

Post by inkey » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:21 pm

It will only change the database if there are no errors. Upload the db_update.php file and start it from InternetExplorer.
Worked great for me. Don't thank me, thank http://www.phpbbhacks.com!!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:41 pm

commandojnr wrote: I found the same thing with a similar mod. Did you install the category heirachy mod? That's what broke a similar mod for me. If so I can tell you a workaround.
Not categories hierarchy itself, rather the way you had installed it :).

commandojnr

Post by commandojnr » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:47 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Not categories hierarchy itself, rather the way you had installed it :).

I think the categories heirachy mod is fine, but I suspect some of the "latest topics on index" type mods SQL isn't quite right. Categories heirachy just makes it more obvious because of the things it changes. But I could be wrong.

xxsherunsawayxx

Re: Edit SQL using PHP

Post by xxsherunsawayxx » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:53 am

inkey wrote: It will only change the database if there are no errors. Upload the db_update.php file and start it from InternetExplorer.
Worked great for me. Don't thank me, thank http://www.phpbbhacks.com!!

Well thank you anyway because I am such a complete asshat (or tool if you will) when it comes to this type of stuff. I managed to teach myself HTML and am happy knowing that =)

--Lissi

zparta

Post by zparta » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:59 pm

commandojnr wrote: I found the same thing with a similar mod. Did you install the category heirachy mod? That's what broke a similar mod for me. If so I can tell you a workaround.

please share the workaround :)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:19 pm

This is link to the way this mod get back the authed forums (wrongly so). The mod was based only on the auth_view auth, displaying all the topics of the viewable forums, and didn't build its own list of authorizations. As cat. hierarchy removes from the index the loop to display the cats and forums, the mod received (hopefully) no list of authorized forums. This issue is of course solve with solving the wrong usage of auth_view to pick-up relevant topics.

commandojnr

Post by commandojnr » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:56 am

It's not a workaround so much as a mod that does work when categories heirachy is applied. The one I used can be found here. I'm in the process of customising the mod, once i'm done i'll re-release it... might take a while tho.

easygcc

doesn't scroll with snow effect

Post by easygcc » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:54 am

I have the last 10 posts addon working on my forum.
When I tried to add the snoweffect addon to my website which I believe has some java in it the last 10 post addon just stopped scrolling and have any messages in it.
What can I do?
I got the snoweffect from phpbbhacks.com

Wosan

Post by Wosan » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:57 pm

my mod does nothing
is there anybody who know's why my mod doesn't work?

http://www.mannen-weekend.nl/phpbb2/index.php

Wosan

Post by Wosan » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:15 am

I think I know what it is. It has something to do with the style I use "BreatheFX" that is no style from the stylessite within this phpbb community. the other styles I use will pick up the mods immidiatly. But this one, won't. Somebody, has a solution for these problem's. Thaking a other style is no option.

greetings wosan

zparta

Post by zparta » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:01 pm

easygcc sorry i cant help you i dont know how thw snowmod works

wosan try to add the code that is supposed to go in index_body.tpl in to your style on the place you want it

jeffp

Post by jeffp » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:18 am

edit: nvm i read inkey's post and finally figured it out lol

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”