[2.0.15] Latest active topics on index

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
54%
Very Good
28%
Good
10%
Fair
5%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 147

Olliwawallta

Post by Olliwawallta » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:54 pm

Hello.

Thanks for this Mod zparta. I installed the Mod on my board without scrolling and adapted it to my style: (No link anymore - threw the Mod out :( )

There is only one very annoying problem and you acknowledged it too, but you didn't come up with a solution yet.

It's the following:
The read/unread code does not work properly. So if you have an unread posting, read it and go to the index again it will still be marked unread. Even if you click on "mark all topics read" those postings in the mod will show up unread. Only if you log out and then Log in again it will be marked read.

As a working routine for this read/unread thingie is already somewhere in the code of phpBB, I tried now for several hours to find out myself how this works for the rest of phpBB, but being not that literate in PHP I didn't succeed yet. Did you or any of the other gurus here look into it and have some ideas?

I would really appreciate it if one could at least point out, what code to look for and in which direction the thing could made to work. Then it would be really perfect. Thanks a lot.

And now for something completely different ...

What I did accomplish (semisuccessful) was the porting of the today/yesterday Mod into the Latest Topic Mod:
It doesnt work with just the time though, so I use the whole date now. It is a bit weird, though that $board_config['default_dateformat'] works and $board_config['default_dateformat'] doesn't ... does anybody have an idea why?

What I did was the following

WARNIG!!! Code does not work properly - see next posting

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
index.php 

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#
		else { if ( $row[$i]["post_time"] > $userdata['user_lastvisit'] )
			{
				$pic = $images['folder_new']; }else{ $pic = $images['folder'];
			}
		}
	} 

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 	

// MOD - TODAY AT - BEGIN
  $zeit = create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $row[$i][post_time], $board_config['board_timezone']);

if ( $board_config['time_today'] < $row[$i]['post_time'])
	{ 
		$zeit = '<b>' . sprintf($lang['Today_at'], create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $row[$i]['post_time'], $board_config['board_timezone'])) . '</b>'; 
	}
	else if ( $board_config['time_yesterday'] < $row[$i]['post_time'])
	{ 
		$zeit = '<b>' . sprintf($lang['Yesterday_at'], create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $row[$i]['post_time'], $board_config['board_timezone'])) . '</b>'; 
	}
	else
	{ 
		$zeit = create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $row[$i][post_time], $board_config['board_timezone']); 
	} 
	// MOD - TODAY AT - END

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#	

'POST_DATE' => create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $row[$i]["post_time"], $board_config['board_timezone']))

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
#	

'POST_DATE' => $zeit)

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# EoM 
I think somebody asked here about it before - maybe that helps.

Cheers
Oliver
Last edited by Olliwawallta on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Olliwawallta

Post by Olliwawallta » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:36 am

Ooops :oops:

I think the Port of the Today/Yesterday Mod doesn't work yet - sorry. It shows always "today" ... Well, would have been too nice

I think I'll just throw the code out again, as I don't have more time to look into it :(

Cheers
Olver

s3rro

Post by s3rro » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:58 am

Hi,
what does the fallowing code means? What exactly i have to do ?

#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config ( config_name, config_value ) VALUES ('topics_on_index', '10');

I have mysql3 for my forum database sql.

izghitu

Post by izghitu » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:45 pm

I liked very much this MOD but I have the able2know SEO mod_rewrite MOD installed which converts the links of the topics/posts to ???.html, and after installing latest_topics I saw that the links from the window where the latest topics are listed are not with mod_rewrite, can somebody tell me how to make them able2know SEO too?

Thank you.

dcz

Post by dcz » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:19 pm

izghitu wrote: I liked very much this MOD but I have the able2know SEO mod_rewrite MOD installed which converts the links of the topics/posts to ???.html, and after installing latest_topics I saw that the links from the window where the latest topics are listed are not with mod_rewrite, can somebody tell me how to make them able2know SEO too?

Thank you.

ask able2know.com, I bet it's easy.

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

skyking_22

Post by skyking_22 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:49 pm

Is there a way to put the Active Topic window towards the top of the screen?

dcz

Post by dcz » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:55 pm

skyking_22 wrote: Is there a way to put the Active Topic window towards the top of the screen?

You may put it where ever you wnat in index_body.tpl, but you cannot as is put it in the header.

++

SuperSmashBrosFreak

Post by SuperSmashBrosFreak » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:35 pm

Everything went well with EasyMod!

The_Boss

Post by The_Boss » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:53 pm

nick robinson wrote: I just installed this mod with EasyMod and I get the box at the bottom of the index that says "Last Active Posts" but nothing shows up in it?? What is wrong?

zparta wrote: If you got category hierarchy i have uploaded a new version which will fix this problem you just have to wait :/

I'm having the same above mention problem. I installed your v1.1.9 & I do run Category Hierarchy. Am I not running the version which will fix this problem?

The_Boss

Post by The_Boss » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:46 am

zparta, are you out there? :? If so, can you assist me with my previous above post? :? .... Thank You.

izghitu

Post by izghitu » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:53 pm

I asked them but they do not provide support for other mods. Can you please help me?

Thank you.

dcz

Post by dcz » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:03 am

izghitu wrote:

I asked them but they do not provide support for other mods. Can you please help me?

Thank you.

In the mmod's code just change this :

'TOPIC_URL' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'viewtopic.'.$phpEx.'?'.POST_TOPIC_URL.'='.$row[$i]["topic_id"]), 

To this :

'TOPIC_URL' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'termusedforviewtopicscript'.$row[$i]["topic_id"].'.html'), 
I am not sure of the choosen url format for your mod, but if you do exaclty what I suggested, you'll see your url like this :

http://www.example.com/termusedforviewt ... iptXX.html

where XX is the tpic id.

So with this you should be ok to adapt.

++

Moolz

Post by Moolz » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:10 am

Hey guys.

Like so many others, I'd really like to install this my phpbb board. I really hate to ask but I'm another newb here.

The latest_topic_on_index_1-1-9.mod is .txt format so of course I can't rely on easymod to install so it's a manual install.

From what I've read of the .txt is that you have to add its code into index_body.tpl. My style is ezSerenity so I assume same goes for any style. I've pulled the index_body.tpl to modify.

Ok, so where exactly where do I place this code in index_body.tpl? At the top? Anywhere I please?

Secondly, I understand you have to make entries into the mysql database. I'm running this board on a Dreamhost account and I can't see anywhere in the cpanel where I can make entries into my database (I must be missing something.)

I've downloaded db_update generator 1.0.2 from phpbbhacks.com to use it to make the mysql entries but it doesn't say in the .txt where to set db_update generator 1.0.2 files. Do I set them in the MOD folder? Do I set them in the admin folder?

If I can get that started and also know where to place the latest_topic_on_index_1-1-9 code I assume I would be good as gold? ANY help would be appreciated guys.

loco.m

Post by loco.m » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:47 am

nice mod, thank you :D

izghitu

Post by izghitu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:08 pm

it worked, thanks a lot for your help

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”