[2.0.15] Latest active topics on index

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
54%
Very Good
28%
Good
10%
Fair
5%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 147

pythonman56

Post by pythonman56 »

EDIT: I got it.

dovesciare

deleted

Post by dovesciare »

deleted
Last edited by dovesciare on Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dovesciare

problem with "latest topic"

Post by dovesciare »

I have found the same problem than a lot of you. There are no message in the Last Active Topics panel on my index page. After that I can't modify the number of the latest topic from my Administrator Panel. I write the number of topic (10 or 5) and then I click "save" and I don't get any errors but when I came back to the administrator panel the field is empy. I have tryed to edit manually the sql in the correct way like this

-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config ( config_name, config_value ) VALUES ('topics_on_index', '10');

But nothing changed

Before I have set up the "attach mod". Should be Attach mod which cause problem to Latest Topic mod? I have noticed that that mod have changed the nuber of tables of the sql database from 30 to 38. Is this the problem? How can I fit it?

Then I have deleted the red line in the index.php like before but it doesn't works again

// Get Viewable Forums
//
// function to merge two auth arrays to one
function array_merge_replace($array, $newValues)
{
foreach ($newValues as $key => $value)
{
if ( is_array($value) )
{
if ( !isset($array[$key]) )
{
$array[$key] = array();
}
$array[$key] = array_merge_replace($array[$key], $value);
}
else
{
if ( isset($array[$key]) && is_array($array[$key]) )
{
$array[$key][0] = $value;
}
else
{
if ( isset($array) && !is_array($array) )
{
$temp = $array;
$array = array();
$array[0] = $temp;
}
$array[$key] = $value;
}
}
}
return $array;
}
$ary = array();
$ary2 = array();
$ary = auth(AUTH_VIEW, AUTH_LIST_ALL, $userdata, $forum_data);
$ary2 = auth(AUTH_READ, AUTH_LIST_ALL, $userdata, $forum_data);
$is_auth_ary = array_merge_replace($ary, $ary2);
$auth_view_forum_sql = '';
for($i = 0; $i < $total_categories; $i++)
{
$cat_id = $category_rows[$i]['cat_id'];
$display_forums = false;
for($j = 0; $j < $total_forums; $j++)
{
if ( $is_auth_ary[$forum_data[$j]['forum_id']]['auth_view'] && $is_auth_ary[$forum_data[$j]['forum_id']]['auth_read'] && $forum_data[$j]['cat_id'] == $cat_id )
{
$display_forums = true;
$auth_view_forum_sql .= ($auth_view_forum_sql == '' ? '' : ', ' ) . $forum_data[$j]['forum_id'];
}
}
}
$auth_view_forum_sql = ($auth_view_forum_sql == '' ? '(0)' : '(' . $auth_view_forum_sql . ')');

//
// Get The Data
//
$template->assign_vars(array(
'MARQUEE_TOPIC' => str_replace("%s",$board_config['topics_on_index'],$lang['marquee_topic']) )
);

$sql = "SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_last_post_id, t.forum_id, t.topic_type, t.topic_status, p.post_id, p.poster_id,
p.post_time, u.user_id, u.username, u.user_lastvisit
FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . FORUMS_TABLE . " f, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u
WHERE t.forum_id IN " . $auth_view_forum_sql . " AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id
AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id
AND t.topic_status <> 2
AND p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id
AND p.poster_id = u.user_id
ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_id DESC";

{wp}ShadowWolf

Post by {wp}ShadowWolf »

{wp}ShadowWolf wrote: Hi there :D

Very nice mod!
I´ve installed it at this BB which is heavily modded in the meantime.

I got a little problem. After i´ve read all the new messages, the unread flag still shows unread in the scrollbox at the index.php uuntil i have relogged in. I think this might be a compatibility problem with the [2.0.19] keep unread flags Mod that is also installed at the BB.
Is there a chance to get this work properly?

I´ve also posted a request inside the support-forum of the keep-unread-flag-mod.

Thanks in advance :D

Ok i got help from the author of the [2.0.19] keep unread flags Mod, Merlin Sythove.

If anyone has both, Keep unread flags & Latest active topics on index mods installed, should look at this topic:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... &start=945

Thx again to Merlin Sythove! :D

SandraL

Post by SandraL »

have same error as Onlineshoppie had: did anyone fix this? please help.
thank you.
SandraL
Onlineshoppie wrote: I install the mod with easymod, without errors.
But it stays blank.

This is php_config,

When I re-install the table,

I get this error,

Can somenone help me with this.
I really want to have this mod working.

Thanks

EDIT: problem solved: it was in my index.php

carl.h

Post by carl.h »

We`ve some long topics on our board, is there anyway of altering so it takes you to the last page not the first ?

powerPT

Post by powerPT »

edited

novoselac

Post by novoselac »

Where can I download the newest version of this MOD ?

garble

Post by garble »

carl.h wrote: We`ve some long topics on our board, is there anyway of altering so it takes you to the last page not the first ?

Yes, I have the same question.

Maybe one way would be to look for the phpBB code that adds links to each page when viewing a list of topics, and copying that code into this mode?
Ignore garble :mrgreen:

garble

Post by garble »

And a different question...

I removed the scrolling so I just have a static list of links. I experimented a bit with different numbers of latest active topics from 2 to 10. Having 10 makes the box too big.

Can I add a scroll bar to the right of the box so that people can scroll up and down the list? And how? Then I could have up to 10 or 20 or 100s of latest topics :)...
Ignore garble :mrgreen:

novoselac

Post by novoselac »

Where can I see how this mod works and where can I download the newest version??? :)

magicfun

Post by magicfun »

Is there an example or running demo of this mod in action that I could check out? I want to see where the "latest topics" are actually viewable, and if it can be arranged horizontally near the "who's online links" section, or possibly on my home page. I want to see what kind of control over the placement of it I can have.

I've noticed all the demo links on this forum aren't working...

Thanks.

deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

garble wrote: And a different question...

I removed the scrolling so I just have a static list of links. I experimented a bit with different numbers of latest active topics from 2 to 10. Having 10 makes the box too big.

Can I add a scroll bar to the right of the box so that people can scroll up and down the list? And how? Then I could have up to 10 or 20 or 100s of latest topics :)...

how did you remove the scrolling.. i guess it was by removing the <marquee></marquee> tages.. well for a scrollbar i would guess you would change the marquee tags to iframe and set the marquee in its own page and link to that page with the <iframe></iframe> tags perhaps.. dont realli have time to experiment at the moment but i will get round to it eventually :)

kupo2020

I need help

Post by kupo2020 »

Hi I am trying to use the latest active topics mod. I have it installed just like the file says but instead of using the index.php I created a new php file called home.php It was the blank template mod I found on this site. I added the code as needed but the only thing that appears is "Latest Active 10 topics" So if any would could help me or if they know of a mod that displays the most 20 recent topics posted of similiar That would be great to. Thank you for you help my site is www.legalhighreport.com Thanks for everyones help.

trippingout

Active topics on index MOD

Post by trippingout »

thank you for this mod, but what am i supposed to do with this first piece of code - where does it go etc. i have done all the others and have teh latest topics box at the bottom of the forum index, but new posts are not coming up the box is staying blank.

I don't know where to put this:

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config ( config_name, config_value ) VALUES ('topics_on_index', '10');

#

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”