[2.0.8] Forum Permissions List

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
67%
Very Good
24%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 79

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:21 am

Yes, it will work with 2.0.10 since there were not any changes made in that version which would affect it.

With regards to other MODs, just repeat any changes they make to admin_forumauth.php in the file which comes with this MOD and it should work.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Dragonsys

Post by Dragonsys » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:00 pm

This worked great until I upgraded to 2.1.0 now when I use Permissions List to edit permissions they change on the list but in in the database. However if I refresh the List the changes are still there, but I have to go into each forum using the regular permissions part of ACP to get them to actually change.

Help, I love this tool, it makes things so much easier.

328ti

Post by 328ti » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:12 am

korko wrote: if you have hierarchie mod installed on your board, you have a file called def_auth.php on include repertory.
So i do an add-on for this.

Anthing else have to be edited?
This did nothing. :(
...steven

scanar

Post by scanar » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:06 am

This is really useful - does exactly what it says and was easy enough for me to figure out (including the addition of the attachment mod extra code). Many thanks.

Any plans or anyone know of a similar mod that presents a list of persissions by usergroups lists or member lists? That would be a logical and useful addition!

Cheers

vilhena

Post by vilhena » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:01 am

Does anyone tested it on a 2.0.11 forum?
Tks,

billytcf

Post by billytcf » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:25 pm

About integrating with Categories Hierachy MOD

I tried korko's method, and also tried editing the file
admin_forumauth_list.php
myself,
both succeeded in updating the database, but strangely the forum simply behaves in a different manner.

When I called up Management+ (by Categorie Hierarchy MOD) it still shows the old permission, but the database is UPDATED!!!

I'm not as proficient in php so unable to trace the code myself. Anyone has idea about this?
~ Billy Tse ~

Tasahof

Help!

Post by Tasahof » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:34 pm

I'm a newb, u've been warned. But...

Downloaded this mod last night. I've checked and double check that i've followed the instructions exactly as stated.

I'm getting that error that has been listed above when I click to the AdminCP. Something about lines 500-something and 500-something involving index.php.

Edit: Decided to copy it from the post above.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/public_html/Forum/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:755) in /usr/home/public_html/Forum/admin/index.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/public_html/Forum/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:755) in /usr/home/public_html/Forum/admin/index.php on line 583

(Above error isn't my own, it was nearly identical just different directories)

I'd post the error but I have since undone all the mod stuff and it fixed the problem for now (mod isn't installed any more).

I can post the error if needed, i'll just have to re-install the mod.

I'm using phpBB 2.0.11 and the only other mod I have installed is the Admin User List.

Thanks in advance!

~Tas

Tasahof

Post by Tasahof » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:47 am

Heh, I have no idea why or how but after deleting all the modifications it now works, lol.

Only thing left is the files themselves.

/shrug

stormlifter

Post by stormlifter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:44 am

I remmeber there being a mod just like this... only from the main list there were drop down menus that could be set right there, instead of having to click through.... what was it?

I wish I knew... anyone know?

I remmeber it being Permissions List+ or something

Kweeksneek

Post by Kweeksneek » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:08 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would it be feasible to add a feature that lists all users who have access or have moderator status in forums that have been set as private?

stevenx

Post by stevenx » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:23 am

After I installed the addon, it showed

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_forum_auth() in /home/hsu888co/public_html/steven_web/phpBB2/admin/admin_forumauth_list.php on line 73
...what is THE PROBELM, :cry: , installed everything step by step, also inserted the php code in the correct place

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:56 am

That looks very much like you've installed the version provided for use with the attachment MOD, and not the standard version. You just want the file out of the root of the download, not the stuff in the addon folder
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

pietjepel

Can not change vote permission

Post by pietjepel » Wed May 04, 2005 11:34 am

Iam can not change vote permissions from reg to all on forums what can I do about it.

I am hoop i see an answer soon

Thanks pierre.

ZyreXiaix

Post by ZyreXiaix » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:15 am

EXCELLENT MOD

mosmos

Post by mosmos » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:14 am

Jissh wrote: I get this error when i click on the prmissions link in the admin panel

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in /homepages/45/d92809159/htdocs/wsc92809167/Forum/admin/admin_forumauth_list.php on line 74

Any suggestions?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”