[2.0.8] Forum Permissions List

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
67%
Very Good
24%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 79

ShinRyuu

Re: Help w/CH

Post by ShinRyuu » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:35 pm

I have the same problem. My board is 2.0.18 and CH 2.1.4. Permissions Lists only shows "Test Category I" too, and new users cannot see any forums, though users registered before the mod was installed can. I tryed uninstalling FPL but the problem persisted. (Forgot to register a new user after uninstallation though, might work.)
IgnorantNewGuy wrote: I have just installed Categories Hierarchy on a fresh 2.0.17 board. This is my next MOD - well, after "Complete Database Backup" MOD.

I installed Permissions List and it did not work.

I do have the "Permissions List" link in the ACP, but it only shows one forum called "Test Category I." That doesn't make any sense as I have a bunch of categories and forums.

Any ideas?

Board is test.carphighalumni.com

By the way, I have installed this MOD on another board that does not have Categories Hierarcy. This is probably the problem, but I'm still not sure why.

Thx,
Scott 8)

THE_BAT

Post by THE_BAT » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:33 am

Nice Work 8)
C# Programmers
Browse Archives, Subscribe

jamieh5

Post by jamieh5 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:18 pm

is this the mod we need to hide a forum until a member has a certain number of posts? if not can someone direct me to that. please :D

pr0gr4mm3r

Attachment Mod

Post by pr0gr4mm3r » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:18 pm

This doesn't seem to be working with the Attachment Mod. I wanted to use this one to mass-change all my permissions after I installed the Attachment Mod, and it doesn't show those options. Is there any way to get them to show up?

Graham
Former Team Member

Re: Attachment Mod

Post by Graham » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:36 pm

pr0gr4mm3r wrote: This doesn't seem to be working with the Attachment Mod. I wanted to use this one to mass-change all my permissions after I installed the Attachment Mod, and it doesn't show those options. Is there any way to get them to show up?

See the addon directory - there are instructions for what you need to do in there
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

pr0gr4mm3r

Post by pr0gr4mm3r » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Got it now. Thanks! :D

felipe

Post by felipe » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am

Feature Request:
When viewing 'permissions list' in the ACP, I'd like to see the forums that are locked. Maybe including a small 'lock' icon to the left or right of the forum. If an entire category is locked, each forum in it should display a lock, not the category. This makes it easier on the eyes, and easier to understand.

As an example, I have an "Announcements" forums where I want people to view what I have there, but not be allowed to add posts. So i 'locked' it. But, when I go to permissions list, it shows
ALL ALL ALL ALL REG REG MOD MOD REG REG

This worried me at first! I have two admins on the board (me and one other) and when he makes changes (like locking forums) and I see permissions set to "ALL" i think that the forum is open to "ALL"
Felipe Alvarez's website

felipe

a slight problem in my ACP using Firefox 1.5.0.1

Post by felipe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:39 am

I have these mods installed:
- ed2k links mod
- global announcements mod
- forum permissions mod
- user list mod
- rank images mod (shows rank images in rank settings)

I installed them with easyMOD (forget the order...if its important, i'll post it) and they all worked successfully (still iffy with the G.Announe though...) I"m having a firefox problem that I wasn't having eariler (i didn't have this problem even after all of the mods were installed) THis problem only came up after I added one category and two forums in it. I made them "private hidden". I go to 'acp' i click 'permissions' (under forum admin) and choose any forum, and click 'simple' or 'advanced' mode. nothing happens! it sits dead. I tried in I.E. and it works fine. *note: i didn't change anything in FX so that it would act funny. I haven't had these problems before*

My fx extensions are:
keyconfig (which i don't use....idiot!!)
password maker
permit cookies (cookies are enabled for my domain!)
restart firefox
tabmixplus ( going to 'disable' see what happens after i post this)
talkback (standard)
adblock plus 0.6.1 (i have disabled it on my domain)
download status bar
fasterfox (setting on 'curteous')
IEtab
Imageshack quickupload

I've cleared my cookies (for my domain), and I've wiped the cache clean. I restarted browser ----- nothing. Plz advise.

one more note: When i open ONLY THE FRAME in its own tab, it works...

**I can post the code of my admin_forumauth.php if necessary**
Felipe Alvarez's website

felipe

Post by felipe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:37 am

I've solved it

I was the filterset.g extension blocking the frame. i posted it on his board.
Felipe Alvarez's website

felipe

Post by felipe » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:51 am

Hello;
I've read the section on incorporating global announcement mod with forum permission mod. I will attempt to install this *patch* as soon as I am able. My question, however, concerns the permissions for creating global announcements (GA) in my forums. Right now, all Moderators and Admins can make GA's. I would like the forums to default to allow only admins to make GA's. Any new categories or forums that I create should have the permissions 'global announcement = admin' by default.

Where in the code can I implement these changes? Is it a matter of simply changing AUTH_MOD to AUTH_ADMIN?

RESOLVED
Felipe
Felipe Alvarez's website

Oor_Al

Post by Oor_Al » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:14 pm

Great Mod

Done exactly what it said and it worked first time -

Cheers

m3mn0n

Post by m3mn0n » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:31 pm

felipe wrote: Hello;
I've read the section on incorporating global announcement mod with forum permission mod. I will attempt to install this *patch* as soon as I am able. My question, however, concerns the permissions for creating global announcements (GA) in my forums. Right now, all Moderators and Admins can make GA's. I would like the forums to default to allow only admins to make GA's. Any new categories or forums that I create should have the permissions 'global announcement = admin' by default.

Where in the code can I implement these changes? Is it a matter of simply changing AUTH_MOD to AUTH_ADMIN?

RESOLVED
Felipe

could you tell me how you changed it please?
i tried changing the AUTH_MOD to AUTH_ADMIN but mods can still post GA's

felipe

Post by felipe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:45 pm

m3mn0n wrote:
felipe wrote:Hello;

RESOLVED
Felipe

could you tell me how you changed it please?
i tried changing the AUTH_MOD to AUTH_ADMIN but mods can still post GA's

8O ho! god I wish I could remember where I made those changes -- If I find it, i'll post it here.

edit: i think you can find it in /forumdir/admin/admin_forumauth.php just change the parts that say "global announce" and "AUTH_MOD" to "AUTH_ADMIN" and you should be set to go. Also, if you have "forum permission list" mod installed, you have to make changes to /forumdir/admin/admin_forumauth_list.php. ****** DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP BEFORE YOU MAKE CHANGES ****** private message me if you want me to email copies of my files (admin_forumauth and admin_forumauth_list)
Felipe Alvarez's website

seag clan

Post by seag clan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:38 pm

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_forum_auth() in /hsphere/local/home2/ti2ddotcom/seag.ti2d.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_forumauth_list.php on line 74

my line 74:

attach_setup_forum_auth($simple_auth_ary, $forum_auth_fields, $field_names);

please help, I've recently had a huge spam attack and need a way to lock the forums down fast.

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:27 pm

seag clan wrote: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_forum_auth() in /hsphere/local/home2/ti2ddotcom/seag.ti2d.com/phpBB2/admin/admin_forumauth_list.php on line 74

my line 74:

attach_setup_forum_auth($simple_auth_ary, $forum_auth_fields, $field_names);

please help, I've recently had a huge spam attack and need a way to lock the forums down fast.

Why not just disable it?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”