[2.0.8] Forum Permissions List

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
67%
Very Good
24%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 79

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:46 am

Hi G,

Nice MOD, making admin easier . . :D

I have had this in and recently added the Calander MOD. how would I go about including the calander permissions in the Permissions list.

I assume I need to add Cal function to a list but in which file . . :D

Regards . . . :?

~~~~~Edit~~~~~

I have edited admin_forumadmin_list.php to add the calander item as below :-

Code: Select all

// Start program - define vars
//
//                View      Read      Post      Reply     Edit     Delete   Calendar    Sticky   Announce    Vote      Poll
$simple_auth_ary = array(
	0  => array(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_ALL, AUTH_ALL, AUTH_ALL, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG),
	1  => array(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_ALL, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG),
	2  => array(AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG),
	3  => array(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL),
	4  => array(AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_ACL),
	5  => array(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD),
	6  => array(AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_MOD),
);

$simple_auth_types = array($lang['Public'], $lang['Registered'], $lang['Registered'] . ' [' . $lang['Hidden'] . ']', $lang['Private'], $lang['Private'] . ' [' . $lang['Hidden'] . ']', $lang['Moderators'], $lang['Moderators'] . ' [' . $lang['Hidden'] . ']');

$forum_auth_fields = array('auth_view', 'auth_read', 'auth_post', 'auth_reply', 'auth_edit', 'auth_delete', 'auth_sticky', 'auth_announce', 'auth_vote', 'auth_pollcreate');

$field_names = array(
	'auth_view' => $lang['View'],
	'auth_read' => $lang['Read'],
	'auth_post' => $lang['Post'],
	'auth_reply' => $lang['Reply'],
	'auth_edit' => $lang['Edit'],
	'auth_delete' => $lang['Delete'],
	'auth_cal' => $lang['Calendar'],
	'auth_sticky' => $lang['Sticky'],
	'auth_announce' => $lang['Announce'], 
	'auth_vote' => $lang['Vote'], 
	'auth_pollcreate' => $lang['Pollcreate']);
The only major edit to install this is to the lang_admin file, do I need to add a line in here?
or further edit one of the supplied files . . . :wink:
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:29 pm

Basically, to integrate it with any other MOD that edits admin_forumauth.php you just repeat whatever it tells you to change in that file within the admin_forumauth_list.php file and it should do it. It looks as though you've missed something on a quick glance at that code although I don't have the calendar MOD to hand to check.

As for the language entries, yes you may need to add a further entry for the calendar in the same format as the other entries which are there. (ie "%s are allowed to post calendar entries in this forum" or whatever). If you still get stuck, drop me a note with the calendar MOD instructions and I'll tell you what you need to change.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:33 pm

Hi Graham,

Yes, I had missed the entry into the "$forum_auth_fields = array" line!

Edited and the lang file updated too . . :D

All working sweet as a nut . . (Like Me!). .
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

snw

Post by snw » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:10 am

I'd really appreciate it if some one could help me make it work with the categories hierarchy mod, with all the same functionality. When I tried, it broke the feature where you can click on a category to set the permissions of all the forums in said category in one go.

steveorg

Post by steveorg » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:54 pm

I'd really appreciate it if some one could help me make it work with the categories hierarchy mod

I was going to ask if this is compatible with categories hierarchy, but a few posts up korko provided instructions for hierarchy compatibility. Did you try this? I'd appreciate knowing before trying to install the mod myself. Thanks. :)

snw

Post by snw » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:57 am

I have it like korko said, but it doesn't work on forums nested deeper than the first level.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:40 pm

I haven't tested it with that MOD, but in theory if you replicate anything it alters in admin_forumauth.php into admin_forumauth_list.php it should work.

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

snw

Post by snw » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:52 am

In practice it destroys the ability to set the permissions for a whole category at once. At least when I tried it that is.

JointComms

Post by JointComms » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:46 pm

Excellent - Thanks.

I have "double quote marks" in my file. The mod only has 'single quote'.

Will this make a difference?

Edit: I guess not it works great.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:54 pm

An important note to anyone using this MOD: This file suffers from the same potential issue as admin_forumauth.php which has been fixed in the 2.0.8 release.

The changes quoted by AcydBurn to that file can also be applied to this file to resolve the problem.

I will be posting an update to this MOD soon.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:30 pm

I have posted an updated version on my site here. The only change is to admin_forumauth_list.php so you can just replace this with the new version if you wish.

THe update has also been submitted to the MOD DB for validation.

snw

Post by snw » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:31 pm

Graham: Do you have any plans to make this fully compatible with the sub-forums mod?

korko

Post by korko » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:10 pm

the code i had given is working, i had given it after i had tested it on my forum.

Should it be possible to add the overall permission on this mod? i will test it.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:37 am

If you have code to make it work with 3rd party MOD's feel free to post the instructions here for others to use. I obviously can't test with every other MOD out there, but if people can get it to work, then great

boon.cc

Post by boon.cc » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:19 pm

I read in the readme.txt something about the atachment mod

I need to have it to put this mod??

I will have problems to install atachment mod if I install this first??
BOON ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”