[2.0.8] Forum Permissions List

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
67%
Very Good
24%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 79

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:00 pm

o0_STYX_0o wrote: I have read the file that comes with the download but it doesn't help me much.

Then you'ld better read it again.

This mod is much more simple to install than the two mods you've already installed.

You cannot mess up your forum by uploading the files (to the correct directory of course) and just in case you're afraid of messing up your forum by editing a file, make a backup which you can re-upload if necessary.

BTW, before doing any modding, always make a backup of the files that will be modified (and if there a database changes, also backup your database). Should anything go wrong, it's 2 minutes work to get it to work again.

And another tip, never modify directly on a live forum, install a test system on the web or locally , so that you're 100% sure your modifications work.
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

o0_STYX_0o

Post by o0_STYX_0o » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:05 pm

Hi,

Well after reading this topic i can't imagine that the installation of this mod is that easy.... I have read the file from the modpack download again and it only mentions the attachment mod, i just don't know if i have to make adjustments to the files for the easy mod to. By the way, can easy mod install this mod?

I was able to install the easy mod and the attachment mod, because both had a very good "walkthrough" on how to install the file and actually the easy mod installs itself.

Thanks for your tips warmweer, i allready found out that you can backup the database of the forum and i have a full backup of the forum on my computer. (just in case) But from now on i will never modify directly on a live forum again.

Meanwhile i still don't know what to do with the files for this mod. :?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, and then used against you.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:07 am

Yes, you can install this MOD with EasyMOD.

For a basic installation, upload the .php file to your admin folder and add some entries to the language file as detailed in the instructions (it will even work without these).

You only need to follow the instructions in the addon folder if you have the Attachment MOD installed (and these simply consist of editing the file that was included very slightly)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

o0_STYX_0o

Post by o0_STYX_0o » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:30 am

ok, THX for your help :D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, and then used against you.

Jintzey

Re: [2.0.8] Forum Permissions List

Post by Jintzey » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:16 am

MOD Database Manager wrote: MOD Description: This MOD provides a summary listing of the permissions for all of your forums on one screen, with brief tooltip explanations of what that permission setting means, as well as integrated editing of the permissions for either an individual forum, or for an entire category in one go.

Where are these tooltips supposed to show up? I don't see them anywhere in the Permissions List section of my Admin Panel.

Also, I don't see the following summaries anywhere either:

Code: Select all

#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain'] = 'This provides a summary of the authorisation levels of each forum. You can edit these permissions, using either a simple or advanced method by clicking on the forum name. Remember that changing the permission level of forums will affect which users can carry out the various operations within them.'; // Added by Permissions List MOD
$lang['Cat_auth_list_explain'] = 'This provides a summary of the authorisation levels of each forum within this category. You can edit the permissions of individual forums, using either a simple or advanced method by clicking on the forum name. Alternatively, you can set the permissions for all the forums in this category by using the drop-down menus at the bottom of the page. Remember that changing the permission level of forums will affect which users can carry out the various operations within them.'; // Added by Permissions List MOD
Where should I be seeing this?

I've triple checked my work so I am sure I installed it correctly.

I am using phpbb version 2.0.8.

The MODs I have installed so far, besides this one, are:
- AdminUserlist201
- AnimatedNewMessageIcon105
- descriptive_time_zone102
- rank_in_memberlist_1_0_2_mod
- View_Topic_Name_While_Posting_Mod_1-0-5

Thanks.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:30 am

The tool tips appear if you hover your mouse over the words in the list (eg ADMIN, PRIVATE and so on), but I haven't tested this in all browsers - it may be a non-standard feature that only works in some browsers.

That text should be added to the lang_admin.php file.

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

Jintzey

Post by Jintzey » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:15 am

Hmm, I have no idea why it didn't work before, but I re-did the edits (AGAIN), copying and pasting over what I already pasted in before, and for some reason it works now. Perhaps the spacing was off just so or a bit of the code didn't get copied. Who knows what happened, but it works now. :D

Thanks for such a quick reply Graham! :D

adn_rapitconsult

smartor sections not shown in permission list

Post by adn_rapitconsult » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:55 am

Hey.. I use a Smartor photo mod...:
- Smartor Photo Album Addon version: 2.0.51
http://smartor.is-root.com/portal.php

These permissions given in photo sections are not in my permission list in admin panel.. How do i add those into the list.. :?:

btw I love you mod - great way to get the big picture 8)

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:22 am

I don't know that MOD, but as per the instructions which come with the MOD for interacting with othe rMODs
If you wish to use a MOD which is not listed, but which makes changes to admin_forumauth.php try applying the same changes to admin_forumauth_list.php. In most cases, this will work

adn_rapitconsult

Post by adn_rapitconsult » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:48 pm

..What do you mean? The only reference to admin_forumauth_list.php and admin_forumauth.php i get from installation, is in language/lang_english/lang_admin.php or from the files itself...but they only get uploadet - not edited?

In here i find...

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$lang['Click_return_forumauth'] = 'Click %sHere%s to return to Forum Permissions';

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
// Added by Permissions List MOD
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_ALL'] = 'All users';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_REG'] = 'All registered users';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_PRIVATE'] = 'Only users granted special permission';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_MOD'] = 'Only moderators of this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_ADMIN'] = 'Only administrators';

$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_view'] = '%s can view this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_read'] = '%s can read posts in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_post'] = '%s can post in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_reply'] = '%s can reply to posts this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_edit'] = '%s can edit posts in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_delete'] = '%s can delete posts in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_sticky'] = '%s can post sticky topics in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_announce'] = '%s can post announcements in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_vote'] = '%s can vote in polls in this forum';
$lang['Forum_auth_list_explain_auth_pollcreate'] = '%s can create polls in this forum';
// End addition by Permissions List MOD
plz give me a bit more info :wink:
i am still in a 'learn by doing process' 8)

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:50 pm

The reference came from the file in the addon directory ;)

If the MOD you wish to get displayed on here tells you to edit the admin_forumauth.php file, then make the same changes that it tells you to make in the admin_forumauth_list.php file which came with this MOD and it will work.

If that MOD does not edit the mentioned file, then it won't work.

adn_rapitconsult

Post by adn_rapitconsult » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:26 pm

ok ill try but..its still kind of cryptic :wink:

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
admin/admin_forumauth_list.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$forum_auth_const = array(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_REG, AUTH_ACL, AUTH_MOD, AUTH_ADMIN);

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------
# 
attach_setup_forum_auth($simple_auth_ary, $forum_auth_fields, $field_names);
Can u explain what the meaning of:

try applying the same changes to admin_forumauth_list.php
I add this

attach_setup_forum_auth($simple_auth_ary, $forum_auth_fields, $field_names);
to where? thx :P

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:00 am

Thos instructions you have found are only relevant if you have teh Attachment MOD installed.

My suspicion would be from the information you have given me that you may not be able to integrate it in the way you want to do.

Sunrizze

Post by Sunrizze » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:29 am

is this easymod compatible

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:12 am

You can install it with EasyMOD, if that is what you are asking.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”