[2.0.11] Bible BBCode

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
45%
Very Good
14%
Good
7%
Fair
No votes
Poor
34%

Total votes: 29

yathei

dont know

Post by yathei » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:34 pm

Cross_+_Flame wrote: I appreciate the bible install, but it looks like you have the "bible gateway" mod installed as well. Those two probably conflict, so you will have to choose one to use. That's why you are getting them repeated..

I dont know, i only want the Bibelverse bbc code, likt it is now, the verse i have in my sql. I dont know the correckt mod name, cause i installed it over 1 year. It works without problems. I don`t change anything on this mod.
Can it a problem with the include.php or common.php or viewtopic php/tpl.

Somethig says the post to wrote the bible text more as 1 time. which template or file is responsible for it.
Hope you understad my words. now i found an online german to english translation page....:-)

Cross_+_Flame

Re: dont know

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:49 pm

yathei wrote: I dont know, i only want the Bibelverse bbc code, likt it is now, the verse i have in my sql. I dont know the correckt mod name, cause i installed it over 1 year. It works without problems. I don`t change anything on this mod.
Can it a problem with the include.php or common.php or viewtopic php/tpl?
It can't be viewtopic.php because it affects the posting.php screen too. I'd bet the two are just incompatible, but if you play around with includes/ edits, then you might find something. What does your relevant section look like now?

And where is a link to the bibleverse mod you installed?

yathei

download from

Post by yathei » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:39 am

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:47 am

How do I make it NIV or NASB to be the default bible BBcode instead of NRSV???

yathei

problem found

Post by yathei » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:11 am

after playback my sql backup, the syl wrote the bible sql again in the sql and dont delete the old entrys, and so i have all 2 times 3times... in the sql. ok now it woks with out problems,
thankyou

Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:51 pm

yexusbeliever wrote: How do I make it NIV or NASB to be the default bible BBcode instead of NRSV???
Hello there!

After you have installed the mod, make the following change in templates/subSilver/bbcode.tpl:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<!-- BEGIN bible --><a href="http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word={QUERY}&version=nrs" target="_blank">{STRING}</a><!-- END bible -->

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
<!-- BEGIN bible --><a href="http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search={QUERY};&version=31;" target="_blank">{STRING}</a><!-- END bible -->
That should do it!

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:59 am

thank you, cross flame

kristara

Post by kristara » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:19 am

I have been using this for a while and LOVE IT! I recently lost my config file and tried to use the auto-cookie mod, so I am unsure of the error. However, if u can help me fix it, that would be great.

Here is my problem...

Code: Select all

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user 'kristara_phpb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php on line 44

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php on line 73

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php on line 74

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php:43) in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 530

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php:43) in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 532

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/verse_mod.php:43) in /home/kristara/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 533
I thought I would just have to change my db passwords, but that didn't fix it.

Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:55 am

kristara wrote: I have been using this for a while and LOVE IT! I recently lost my config file and tried to use the auto-cookie mod, so I am unsure of the error. However, if u can help me fix it, that would be great.

Hello there kristara,

I would love to help you with your trouble; however, this thread is for the bible bbcode. From the error messages, it appears your troubles are with the bible verse modification that inserts bible passages into the text.

Do a search for it to find the appropriate thread.

kristara

Post by kristara » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:16 pm

yeah, sorry. If u can help me, please PM me then maybe?

LostSeed

Post by LostSeed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:26 pm

This is awesome perfect for my forums TY :P

DeathsDesign

Post by DeathsDesign » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:07 pm

i installed your mod, but i was under the impression it gave a pop-up window of the bible verse, this seems to take me to an entirely new web page with a ton of advertising and the bible verses that are referenced are kind of hidden in the middle of the page. am I doing something wrong?

Cross_+_Flame

Re:

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:48 am

DeathsDesign wrote: i installed your mod, but i was under the impression it gave a pop-up window of the bible verse, this seems to take me to an entirely new web page with a ton of advertising and the bible verses that are referenced are kind of hidden in the middle of the page. am I doing something wrong?
No, that is the correct function of the mod. There are modifications to direct it towards different sites with less advertising, but I don't know of any that have as many bible versions as crosswalk.

yexusbeliever

Re: [2.0.11] Bible BBCode

Post by yexusbeliever » Wed May 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Any ideas if you are going to make an adaptation of something like this mod to phpBB3?

Cross_+_Flame

Re: [2.0.11] Bible BBCode

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:45 pm

yexusbeliever wrote:Any ideas if you are going to make an adaptation of something like this mod to phpBB3?
Great question. I'm waiting as the phpbb3 adaptation process goes along.

Once its bbcode system gets finalized, look for a new version very shortly thereafter.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”