[2.0.6] Post icons

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
21%
Good
5%
Fair
5%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 57

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

It doesn't sound as if : recheck your phpbb_posts table.

melhaa

hi

Post by melhaa »

Yes, I have checked.
But it is set to "null"
I dont understand anything now.
the post_body should not be gone anyway.
it shows up as a white page.

melhaa

Test

Post by melhaa »

I have tried to run the select command direct on localhost, and I get the result that shows 0 of 0.
Dont know if that helps, cause I still dont understand

justmetoo

errors with ezmod??

Post by justmetoo »

Notice: Undefined variable: tmp in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\chiro\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 349
in here

Notice: Undefined variable: tmp in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\chiro\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 349
in here

in here

in here

in here

in here

in here

is it in easy mod or this one??

mrdreamer

error in admin page

Post by mrdreamer »

-

Jadeite2

Post by Jadeite2 »

Hi Ptirhiik, I've got a number of your mods installed and they're all great. I just put this one in today and it works perfectly.

One question- can I make it so that icons display just on the view forum, and not with individual posts?

If so, is it possible for icon selection to be only available when you post a new thread? (If you're going to reply in a thread and can choose an icon which will not be displayed, that's somewhat pointless.)

wmoore023

Please Help

Post by wmoore023 »

I was Installing the Calender Mod and got this when I went to the "extended configuration"

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mods_settings_get_lang() in /home/www/faithfulheartweb.com/thechatterbox/admin/admin_board_extend.php on line 326

the files is there and easy mod did the rest what's wrong??

Also on my main pae I did edit the overall header but just get a transparent square that links back to same page!

http://www.faithfulheartweb.com/thechatterbox

Please Help!

wmoore023

Post by wmoore023 »

I found the issue, but I am having trouble posting to the calender and getting some of the images to work!! what do I do know lol

Ingale

Post by Ingale »

I downloaded this MOD and trying to install it using the attached instructions, yet I have a problem with this part, which I didn't quiet understand:

Code: Select all

#-----[ SQL ]-------------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD topic_icon TINYINT(2);
ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts ADD post_icon TINYINT(2);
ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts ADD INDEX (post_icon);
#
I'm using a MS Access DB, where should I place these fields (topic_icon, post_icon)? Is "INDEX (post_icon) a name of a field? Or what is it? And what does TINYINT(2) mean???
Please help me out with this part!

Thank you in advance!
Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective ones...

Sammyed

Post by Sammyed »

lozt wrote:
copy mod_post_icons.php to includes/mods_settings/mod_post_icons.php

was where i got confused.
i got it working now thank you very much.

I downloaded this one,

At the beggining had big trouble having the posting function in my threads (a.k.a Post Reply page) and also my Shoutbox by Neils was having trouble loading...Had to go offline for 4 days trying to fix the problem...and solved deleting this MOD and went online again fortunatelly.

Right now is kind of a challenge for me to have this icons mod, I have to have it no matter what. Sometimes I get so afraid asking questions to the authors simply because...who knows?...maybe my question would be a really stupid one, and sent to read the manual. (read it like 5 times)..

Anyway, I downloaded one more time...expecting to have good luck this time.

-On the main part of the mod I have 3 instructions: Part 1, Part 2 and Upgrade to 1.0.1 What I did was to follow parts 1 and 2. Skipped the Upgrade as parts 1 and 2 are supposed to be v.1.0.1 right?.

-The thing is, following just the part 1 and 2 closelly, etc... I don´t really understand where to put the "mod_post_icons.php" file. I don´t have any folder inside called "mods_settings" in my download...just a folder called "mod-mods_settings" with some other files on it. And of course nothing inside "includes". And I think that was the reason of troubles I had before. I tried creating a folder inside the "includes" subdirectory and setting the file there but. :? I just don´t understand it.

Please, could anyone draw me a picture about this?, maybe it´s just a stupidity but I had to ask as I really want this mod installed in my board.

Extra question: Checking inside of the "Update to v101" file with instructions at the middle of it refering about the languages, it asks me to find:

//-- mod : post icon -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
$lang['Icons_settings_explain']		= 'Here you can add, edit or delete posts icons';
$lang['Icons_auth']					= 'Auth level';
$lang['Icons_auth_explain']			= 'The icon will be available only to the users suiting this requirement';
Etc...etc...it´s much longer...it was just an example.

Anyway, on parts 1 and 2 there´s nothing refering on editing the "language/lang_english/lang_admin.php" file for example... :?: ...how can I upgrade if those were not edited in the beggining?...Is something missing in my download?...too many questions, too many question.

Sorry.

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

I'll try to help where I can...
Sammyed wrote: -On the main part of the mod I have 3 instructions: Part 1, Part 2 and Upgrade to 1.0.1 What I did was to follow parts 1 and 2. Skipped the Upgrade as parts 1 and 2 are supposed to be v.1.0.1 right?.

If this is a new install disregard "Upgrade to 1.0.1" that file is only for upgrading 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 if already installed.
Sammyed wrote: -The thing is, following just the part 1 and 2 closelly, etc... I don´t really understand where to put the "mod_post_icons.php" file. I don´t have any folder inside called "mods_settings" in my download...just a folder called "mod-mods_settings"

You need to create that directory on your server, then put your files into it. you will find this with other mods out there - if you don't have a directory thats called out in the instructions create is a good rule of thumb.

Sammyed wrote: Extra question: Checking inside of the "Update to v101" file with instructions at the middle of it refering about the languages, it asks me to find:[/i]

//-- mod : post icon -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
$lang['Icons_settings_explain']		= 'Here you can add, edit or delete posts icons';
$lang['Icons_auth']					= 'Auth level';
$lang['Icons_auth_explain']			= 'The icon will be available only to the users suiting this requirement';
Etc...etc...it´s much longer...it was just an example.

Anyway, on parts 1 and 2 there´s nothing refering on editing the "language/lang_english/lang_admin.php" file for example... :?: ...how can I upgrade if those were not edited in the beggining?...Is something missing in my download?...too many questions, too many question.

That is just the upgrade file, it had some roll back items to be removed, but only if you had version 1.0.0 installed first.

The last thing to look at is that the shout box may have code that changes this MOD and vice versa, if there is code called out that changes the way the mods work - that's where it is up to the board admin to figure out what needs to be changed or re-writen to make them work together.

Hope some of this helps

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

I followed the instructions and tried this part:

mods settings - users choices - no Profile Control Panel version

So when I click on the Preferences in overall menu, this is all I get (see image below)

Nothing but the "Submit" or "Reset" and I'm not even sure what is supposed to be there :oops: :?:

Sammyed

Post by Sammyed »

Dio2 wrote: Hope some of this helps

A big Thank you Mr. Dio2 !!!

Just installed succesfully, no errors, no conflicts with shoutbox and any previous MOD installed, I´m a happy man!!... :lol:

Thanks Ptirhiik for this wonderfull work you made, now I´m able to vote for excellent!!. :wink:

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Anybody look at my post 2-back w/ Screenshot and tell me what "Preferences" is for.

I'm wondering if it was mistakenly packaged with this mod and belongs with something else? :roll:

clight77

Post by clight77 »

Hi all;
I have gone over and over this mod but I am unable to get all the text to show in ACP in icon_settings CREATE.
Any ideas what I am missing?
I know it has something to do with language files BUT i am stumped.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”