[2.0.6] Qbar/Qmenu

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
55%
Very Good
18%
Good
14%
Fair
4%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 56

thegrimreaper25

Post by thegrimreaper25 »

first thing i wanted to say this is a great mod and for a total novice it was really easy to install, i am wondering if its possible to change the buttons created in a table using qbar from rectangle to another shape like a circle or something?

Any ideas please

PHK

Post by PHK »

Great mod, I love anything that can streamline a site :)

I do have a request, however. Is it possible to have an option to include the target window of the URL for menu items? For instance, I have a menu item which I want to open in another window "target=_blank", or lets say you have frames and you want to specify where the menu item opens.

What do you think?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

I think this is what you want. The first option is to make all links open a new page. A couple messages down, I talk about making selected links open in the target page...

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 56#1759056

:lol:

PHK

Post by PHK »

Wow ... and it was only a page before this one, I thought I had read through this entire thread too! Thanks NightriderXP!

But I seem to be having a similar problem as owaring in that the icon is missing. It was showing up before and it is still specified in the Qbar ACP. Is there something in this code that makes it overlook the icon?

PHK

Post by PHK »

Nevermind ... I found the problem, it was just missing a " at the end of target="_blank. The code as shown is:

Code: Select all

$wres = '<a href="' . $fields['url'][$j] . '" title="' . $fields['mouseover'][$j] . '" class="' . $class . '" target="_blank>%s</a>';
and it should be:

$wres = '<a href="' . $fields['url'][$j] . '" title="' . $fields['mouseover'][$j] . '" class="' . $class . '" target="_blank">%s</a>';

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Good catch PHK. I should have seen that mistake. Thanks for posting the correction. I will now fix the original post...

PHK

Post by PHK »

NightriderXP,

Here's a question - how about if I want to specify more than one link to open in different manners; for example, I want Link #1 to open in the _parent window, while I want Link #2 to open in _blank window. For that matter, what if I want to use a javascript onClick="window.open" code to specify the window size for Link #2?

Would I need to hardcode that one in? And if so .... where would I put it?

Thanks,
Paul

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yes, it would be best to modify the if statement or add an addtional if else statement in the example from the following reply:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 21#1759821

You should rely on the shortcut name rather than the position you store the field because the postiion of the field could unwittingly change at a later date making your modified code worthless...

PHK

Post by PHK »

Okay ... I feel like a dummy, but how would I hardcode the following code:

'scrollbars=no,width=540,height=450'
into the includes/functions_qbar.php. I've already modified it using the "if .. else" arguments to recognize the shortcut for the link I want, and inserted the

target="_blank"
to have this link open in a new window. Now I want to control the size of this window, as well as whether there is a menu, scrollbar, statusbar, etc.

I've tried various ways to coding this but none of them seem to work, they either get ignored or it breaks the forums :cry:

PHK

Post by PHK »

Has anyone figured out how to define how a menu item opens? I'm still trying to define the size of the pop-up window and its behavior but I've had no luck.

I'd appreciate any help ..... please!

Thanks.

Praefectusclassis

Post by Praefectusclassis »

I have the same problem mentioned earlier of the mysteriously self-deleting def_qbar.php. No CHMOD and it doesn't work, CHMOD and def_qbar is deleted.
Thanks!

Jasper Oorthuys
Associate Webmaster, Romanarmy.com
Admin, Roman Army Talk v.2
Editor, Journal of Ancient Military Studies
And other stuff too...

bonez07

Post by bonez07 »

i get this ... Template->make_filename(): Error - file qbar_qbars.tpl does not exist even though the file is there

alehawk

Post by alehawk »

Hi!
I installed this mod and it works for menus but it doesnt for Bars.
If I select a menu and I choose bar display it will show the same menu thing but above my logo... it wont show ani vertical menu bar on the left of my forum.
Can that be fixed or its working fine?
Tnx!

killyouall

Post by killyouall »

ok i uploaded every thing and i used easy mod but now im getting a blank page and very pissed friends

tsjikie

Post by tsjikie »

I can't find a preview of this. Can anyone make a printscreen?
Thx

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”