[2.0.6] Topic Description MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
47%
Very Good
25%
Good
7%
Fair
6%
Poor
15%

Total votes: 68

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.6] Topic Description MOD

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Topic Description MOD
Author: morpheus2matrix
MOD Description: This MOD allow you to add a little description of the topic that you have posted

MOD Version: 1.0.5

Download File: Topic_Description105a.mod
File Size: 10204 Bytes
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released
Eric

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Kool :mrgreen:
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

furiOs

Post by furiOs »

is there a demo or a screenshot?

where will the desc. be displayed?

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

furiOs wrote: is there a demo or a screenshot?

Actually, no.
where will the desc. be displayed?

it will be displayed just below the topic title, in the viewforum.php page :wink:

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

gfmorris

Post by gfmorris »

My first attempt to use this mod failed, but after editing the topic, it worked.

But a new reply shows the same problem. Posting.php gives the following error:

Warning: Missing argument 14 for prepare_post() in .../forum/includes/functions_post.php on line 124

Warning: Missing argument 21 for submit_post() in .../forum/includes/functions_post.php on line 221

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../forum/includes/functions_post.php:124) in .../forum/posting.php on line 631

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../forum/includes/functions_post.php:124) in .../forum/includes/page_header.php on line 495

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../forum/includes/functions_post.php:124) in .../forum/includes/page_header.php on line 497

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../forum/includes/functions_post.php:124) in .../forum/includes/page_header.php on line 498

GFM
--
Geof F. Morris

quentin

Post by quentin »

very nice ! This is a cool feature that ive seen on other boards, really cool to have it for phpbb too.

Quentin
The largest message boards on the web !
Web Design Library (coming soon)
Friends sites: Heroes of might and magic - Biometric security

gfmorris

Post by gfmorris »

Morpheus:

Any idea why the MOD appears to be trying to pass a header after the headers have already been passed?

GFM
--
Geof F. Morris

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

gfmorris wrote: Morpheus:

Any idea why the MOD appears to be trying to pass a header after the headers have already been passed?

GFM

check your modifications in posting.php : be careful if you have other MOD's installed which modified the functions prepare_post() and submit_post()

gfmorris

Post by gfmorris »

morpheus2matrix wrote:
gfmorris wrote:Morpheus:

GFM

check your modifications in posting.php : be careful if you have other MOD's installed which modified the functions prepare_post() and submit_post()

AFAIK, I don't have any other mods that have changed those, but I'll check again.

UPDATE: I have removed the MOD for now, and I'll check and see if I can find the conflict(s). Morpheus, if you want a list of the MOD's I was running along with this one that modify those functions, I'll be happy to post it here. :)

GFM
--
Geof F. Morris

Customized

Post by Customized »

Warning: Missing argument 14 for prepare_post() in /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/functions_post.php on line 330

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/functions_post.php:330) in /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/posting.php on line 807

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/functions_post.php:330) in /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 508

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/functions_post.php:330) in /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 510

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/functions_post.php:330) in /home2/deluzion/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 511

And also the description is not showing up under the topic name

gfmorris

Post by gfmorris »

Customized, it looks like you were having the same issues that I was. What modifications do you have installed on your board other than this?

If the topic description isn't showing, you probably have an error in how the MOD was processed on viewforum.php.

GFM
--
Geof F. Morris

Customized

Post by Customized »

i have a ton.

the 1 that i think might be interfering is the post icon mod.

http://www.deluzions.net/forum

login to see the major additions

Enki

Post by Enki »

Demo: www.dotspiral.com/forums/
go to the Forum-Category: Life of Enki
and you should see it.

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Customized wrote: i have a ton.

the 1 that i think might be interfering is the post icon mod.

http://www.deluzions.net/forum

login to see the major additions

you are using it with the Post icon MOD ? so be careful when you modified the files

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”