[2.0.6] Left and Right IMG tags

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
6%

Total votes: 17

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.6] Left and Right IMG tags

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Left and Right IMG tags
Author: Xore
MOD Description: This MOD will allow you to better format your posts by aligning images left and right instead of just in-line as with the standard [img][/img] tag. Text will also neatly wrap around the images.

IMPORTANT: you MUST first install the the Multi Quick BBCode Mod.
This can be found here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=145513

MOD Version: 1.6.0

Download File: left-right_160.mod
File Size: 7946 Bytes
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released
Eric
emrcia

bug, need to modify posting.php

Post by emrcia »

As in previous versions, this mod needs to modify posting.php
It does not work until I modifyed copying that modification from previous mod.
emrcia

Post by emrcia »

in fact bbcode.php needs more modification too.
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

please note that, as stated, it is necessary to have first installed nuttzy's multiple bbcode mod

Edit: when i think about it, even that is unnecessary
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
emrcia

Post by emrcia »

I'm not absolutely sure, but I recommend you to try the mod exactly as it appears in the download. I think there is something wrong with it. :!:
indra sunrise

Post by indra sunrise »

No BBcode button for this one? And the mouse-over, to be quite frank, is cryptic in the extreme.
A toggling button, or two buttons, or a text comment would have been more clear. And saving a hot-key is MUCH less important to me than having buttons that do things, and say what they do, clearly. Disable all the hotkeys, I could care less, but have it clear how to do something.
Sorry to be negative, but unless I am missing something obvious, I'm giving this mod a pass.
Indra
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

I really like this mod. people on my forums are always posting pictures, and its A LOT better with the text being able acctually WRAP around the pictures :)

Thanx for this one. (I acctually have had it in a while, but I thought I'd tell all you others that this is a good one)
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
bjjbeijing

picture margins

Post by bjjbeijing »

hi guys,

is there a way to create a margin/border/space between where the pic ends and where the text starts. I don't want the text to be pressed right up against the side of the picture. I want for there to be a bit of a space... a cushion so it looks cleaner.

I checked out the border="0" bit of code in the script, but this places a black border around the entire picture. I'd rather just have a clear space to act as a buffer on the right or left depending on alignment, and also the bottom of the pic.

Thanks again in advance,

Andy
[email protected]
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

you'd have to make the picture (between the tags) appear in a table, with that cell having the cell padding attribute. That's pretty much my idea. Though that would make the invisible border all around it.
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
bjjbeijing

thanks drumstix

Post by bjjbeijing »

thanks for your reply man... just a quick note, doesn't cell padding create that space on all 4 sides of the picture? I only want the buffer on the left or right of the image, depending on how it's aligned, AND a buffer on the bottom of the image.

margin-right = 15px or margin-left = 15px (depending on alignment)
margin-bottom = 5px

something like that... any ideas?

Thanks dude,

Andy
[email protected]
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

drumstix42 wrote: Though that would make the invisible border all around it.

Yeah, I said that as I quoted :) but yeah, I was just throwing out ideas, not sure if I could do it or not. No problem. hope I could help
vfx

Post by vfx »

cool
vfx

Post by vfx »

i tried this unorthodox method and it works good. It will align everything in center,left, right. Text, image, flash, etc.

Code: Select all

add div after pre 

Open posting_body.tpl 

find this line 
f_help = "{L_BBCODE_F_HELP}"; 

after add 
div_help = "<div align=left|center|right>text</div>. HTML must be ENABLE to work."; 

fins this line 
'[url]','[/url]' 

after add 
,'<div align=center>','</div>' 

Find this line 

<td><span class="genmed"> 
           <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" /> 
           </span></td>

after add 

<td><span class="genmed"> 
           <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="t" name="addbbcode18" value="Div" style="width: 50px" onClick="bbstyle(18)" onMouseOver="helpline('div')" /> 
           </span></td>

find this line
<select name="addbbcode18" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode18.options[this.form.addbbcode18.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">

replace with 

<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">

find this line

<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

replace with

<select name="addbbcode22" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode22.options[this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

It will not be compatiable with Multi BB Code Mod. I feel uncessesarry to install it anyway. The key here is the "name=addbbcode" and "bbstyle". The values increases by 2. So if you make it accordingly, it will works fine. Sorry for the mod, it is unorthodox. But if you care, you can skim through :).
biocyberman

Need a demo for this mod

Post by biocyberman »

would anyone give me a demo for this mod? Thanks in advance. :D
I am weak, not you!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”