[2.0.6] Prune User Posts

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
16%
Good
9%
Fair
No votes
Poor
9%

Total votes: 32

R45

Post by R45 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:04 pm

Sorry for not checking this topic in a while. I've been very busy of late and have been unable to maintain this MOD. However I'm slowly getting back into the phpBB MOD Development scene and I will produce an updated version of this (and my other) mods in the very near future (days hopefully, weeks maximum).

yewknee - I'll address that bug as well

webiser If you're still wondering, you could just add something to the index_body.tpl template file, it's html.

jjjjan - I will include the features you requested in the next release.

If anyone else has feature suggestions, you are welcomed to post them here.

Zenandrar

Post by Zenandrar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:37 am

Thanks n advance for the work coming
:D
R45 wrote: ...
If anyone else has feature suggestions, you are welcomed to post them here.

Hmm... it would be nice to be able to schedule actions but I think that would to much uh?

R45

Post by R45 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:33 pm

Zenandrar wrote: Hmm... it would be nice to be able to schedule actions but I think that would to much uh?

I wasn't really considering it. However, one feature I was adding was "Saved Settings" where you could save Pruning options for reuse. I'm not a fan of doing an auto-prune like the built in auto-pruning system (where it is done when a user actually loads a page), I'll consider providing an external script which you can add to a cronjob.

Borrass

Post by Borrass » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:38 am

MOD TESTED in phpbb 2.0.11 and Works OK :lol:

This is a Language Spanish for this mod:

http://ww.darketernal.net/language.span ... st.206.rar

NOTE AND BUG REPORT

Cuando el ultimo usuarios que ha posteado en un foro se le hace un prune. A pesar de haber eliminado el post de dicho usuario, este sigue apareciendo como el ultimo que ha posteado en ese foro despues del pruning. Por lo demas funciona perfecto.

Que algun admin incluya esa traduccion en el mismo rar que el mod y asi puedo quitarlo yo del server.

GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:03 pm

correct me if I'm wrong, but this mod isnt accurate with the "Top 10 posters" statistic.

My admin account had the most topics before I installed the mod, and after I installed the mod, I accidently selected "delete all posts" of my admin account, which successfully deleted all my posts. Since then I have made only 8 posts, and I just noticed that when I selected "Top 10 posters" in the memberlist, my admin account still ranked at the top (but with only 8 posts; other accounts have more).

anyone else experience this?
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!

R45

Post by R45 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:34 pm

GurlzLubme wrote: correct me if I'm wrong, but this mod isnt accurate with the "Top 10 posters" statistic.

My admin account had the most topics before I installed the mod, and after I installed the mod, I accidently selected "delete all posts" of my admin account, which successfully deleted all my posts. Since then I have made only 8 posts, and I just noticed that when I selected "Top 10 posters" in the memberlist, my admin account still ranked at the top (but with only 8 posts; other accounts have more).

anyone else experience this?

There's a pruning option whether to update the post count or not. I believe the "Top Posters" mod uses the post count value from the users table. If you choose not to update the post count, then yes, the data will not be in sync.

GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:05 am

R45 wrote: There's a pruning option whether to update the post count or not. I believe the "Top Posters" mod uses the post count value from the users table. If you choose not to update the post count, then yes, the data will not be in sync.

i believe the default is set to "yes" (which I didnt change), so shouldnt the post count be reflected then? Is there another way to resynch the post counts for the top 10 posters?
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!

R45

Post by R45 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:25 pm

jupro

prune by date?

Post by jupro » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:31 pm

Hi there,

Will this mod allow you to prune messages posted on or before a certain date?

Thanks ver much.

R45

Re: prune by date?

Post by R45 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:01 pm

jupro wrote: Hi there,

Will this mod allow you to prune messages posted on or before a certain date?

Thanks ver much.

Yes, see the Demo -> http://phpbb.rasadam.com/demo.php?id=1 <- for the features

kalpesh

error

Post by kalpesh » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:57 am

Good mod,

after submitting i get this error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 9437448 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 525 bytes) in /var/www/html/messageboard/db/postgres7.php on line 125

I am using postgreSQL db.
Pls. help.

Kalpesh

R45

Post by R45 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:15 am

I'd recommend cutting down on the number of posts you're pruning at a time. Currently your PHP memory size limit (as per your php.ini) has been exceeded. If you haven't, prune posts by a date period and narrow it down in batches.

heinhuiz

Post by heinhuiz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:03 am

R45 wrote:
Zenandrar wrote:Hmm... it would be nice to be able to schedule actions but I think that would to much uh?

I wasn't really considering it. However, one feature I was adding was "Saved Settings" where you could save Pruning options for reuse. I'm not a fan of doing an auto-prune like the built in auto-pruning system (where it is done when a user actually loads a page), I'll consider providing an external script which you can add to a cronjob.
Are you still working on this, R45?

I like your MOD; I've managed to change the default settings so I don't make any mistakes when I press Submit too soon ;-) , but I'd really love it if I could just schedule those, as Zenandrar proposes.
My provider does not like cron jobs too much, he's very reluctant about those. Couldn't you include a feature that does automatically prune the default settings (which an administrator can change and save, of course) just like the autoprune job does?
I do understand your hesitation with the autoprune feature, but on many boards (like mine) this does not appear to be a problem at all. Maybe you could even make an option to select the pruning method (like autoprune or via a cron job).

P.S. I've tried to use Emanueles solution to do what I need (i.e. to automatically delete posts older than two days from some specific forums), but that only seems to work if no newer posts exist on that forum newer than those two days (or any specified pruning limit).

R45

Post by R45 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:45 am

Unfortunately, my support for phpBB has significantly scaled down since that post. I will continue fixing bugs in existing mods however I'm not planning on anything new in the short term.

nickpledge

Post by nickpledge » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:26 pm

will this be ok to use on the current version of phpBB??

Nick

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”